Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-18

DFAtBFH.gif

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 6 Someone special.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 6 Meeting.

RPG Real Estate episode 6 Tone deaf.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody episode 6 Consequence.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 episode 31 Trickster.

EAT-MAN ‘98 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A solid sequel series which offered multi-part storylines this time around.) 3.5/5

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 Episode 31

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 6

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 6

Healer Girl Episode 6

I'm Quitting Heroing Episode 6

K-ON! (Rewatch) Episode 1-13 & OVA (Complete. An enjoyable revisit to a series that I thoroughly enjoyed back when it first aired. Onto season 2 next.) 3.5/5

RPG Real Estate
Episode 6

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episode 6

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Episode 31

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 19-25 (Completed)

Iron-Blooded Orphans is probably the most conflicting Gundam show I've seen so far from my watchlist. Season 1 was pretty much perfect in many areas and ended on a strong note, but Season 2 dives into a muddled direction with various mini-arcs that are very hit or miss.

The first arc was just frustrating and I didn't like it at all because it could have been avoided completely if the characters used more logic to the situation. The second arc was really cool and added a lot of shock value and consequences regarding the show's lore and the direction but was a plot thread left forgotten other than one mini weapon that was used to cause consequence in the later arcs.

The third arc in particular is harsh and brutal but worked out alright in terms of the characters moving forward, but then the fourth and final arc comes in and basically ruins your mood in some aspects. The worst part is that if you take a step back and think about it, the ending makes complete sense and differentiates itself from other Gundam shows so it stands out more. I think the biggest issue here is that in Season 1 we had a clear villain to the mix but Season 2 couldn't decide on that and gave us a last minute Char-esque situation which wasn't a great outcome. Also Mikazuki didn't really go all-out as much other than the second arc (and I suppose the writers had to tone him down otherwise a lot of events would have been avoided in the second half).

Overall, Season 2 is divisive and messy and I felt it could have been a lot better, but in its own right does stand out amongst the other Gundams and is worth a shot at least once. I still prefer the older Gundam shows though like Zeta, Wing, 0083 and 00.

Last edited:
Estab Life: Great Escape episode 9 Big troubles.

Heroines Run the Show episode 6 After a fashion.

Miss Sachiku and the Little Baby Ghost episode 6 A Sad tale.

Skeleton Knight in Another World episode 6 Spar.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 episode 6 Core.

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World OVAs 1-7 (Complete. A very enjoyable fantasy adventure that left me keen to watch the rest of the franchise.) 4/5

El-Hazard 2: The Magnificent World
OVAs 1-4 (Complete. I was sadly left rather underwhelmed by this sequel series as it lacked the charm and engaging story that the first provided.) 2.5/5

Ya Boy Kongming ep5-6

The way it was resolved felt a bit too neat, but generally I like how they handled the thread about the rapper crippled by anxiety. There's some great animation work on Eiko's expressions as well.

New (Shin) Cutey Honey OVA1

Felt like a break from Enma, so decided to go back to Cutey Honey instead. I've seen the first couple of episodes for this run before, but I accidentally watched them in the wrong order at the time and never got back to it. Looking back at my original comment though, my thoughts are actually much the same - I like the vaguely post-apocalyptic setting with its weird, organic look for the city (the buildings all remind me of the Sagrada Famillia), but on first impression, it lacks a little of the mad energy from the original. The action direction is more competent than Universe, but it's not as inventive as Re:.

Given that the violence is at least as, if not more, graphic than the original, it also still bothers me that Honey doesn't dispatch the boss demon by skewering it through with her sword, as per the 73 series.

RPG Real Estate ep 6
Refugee crisis.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 14
Under pressure.

Heroines Run the Show ep 6
Make over.

BIRDIE WING ep 6
Do or die.

Deaimon ep 6
Surprise arrival.

Love After World Domination ep 6
Beach episode.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai episode 7 Lunch and tiredness.

Date A Live IV episode 6 Open your heart.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu episode 9 Parasites.

Love after World Domination episode 6 Life’s a beach.

Onipan! episodes 21-25 Giving it your all.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ episode 7 Overcrowded date.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life episode 7 To sea.

El-Hazard: The Alternative World episodes 1-13 (Complete. In terms of personal enjoyment I thought this was a better watch than the sequel OVAs but it wasn’t as enjoyable overall as the initial series.) 3/5

El-Hazard: The Wanderers
episodes 1-8

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 4

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 27

K-ON!! Season 2 (Rewatch) Episode 1-13

Komi Can't Communicate Season 2 Episode 18 Skate and sick.

Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost Episode 6 Sad story.

Skeleton Knight in Another World Episode 6 Sparring.

The Dawn of the Witch Episode 6 Accident.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 Episode 6 Core.

A Couple of Cuckoos episode 4 Competition confession.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki episode 6 Too shy.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 episode 7 Another one.

Shikimori’s not just a Cutie episode 6 Carry that weight.

Spy x Family episode 6 Smirk and slugging.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 4 episode 6 Dark side.

El-Hazard: The Wanderers episodes 9-26 (Complete. An enjoyable series that takes a different approach to the story than the OVAs.) 3.5/5

Macross: Do You Remember Love? (subbed) - I did sample the dub and I've heard worse, best VA of the ones I heard near the start was Lynn Minmay's and it was kind of cool that she seemed to have an English accent? but Mari Iijima was better at playing her in the ADV dub IMO (also it's sooo awesome that she played her in both dub and sub!), and in the end I decided to watch in Japanese, anyway I can totally see why this is regarded as a classic 80s anime movie, I prefer the series for it's more thorough telling of the story but this does a remarkably good job of retelling the story in a compressed form and it is absolutely beautiful, though some of the way it's drawn and animated is slightly awkward compared to some other things out there at the time, but it is overall very pretty and visually imaginative as well with some creative and unique set pieces, and the message is powerful. I think it is something people would perhaps appreciate more if they have seen the original SDF Macross first but obviously I'll never know what it's like to view it before seeing/without seeing the TV show. Was def worth sticking with for the whole two hours, though I didn't watch it all at once :)

Moomin Episode 11 (dubbed) - Still very cute will finish this after Sailor Moon S1 :)

Sailor Moon Season 1 Episodes 10-27 (uncut Viz dub) - really getting into this now, I think I will indeed be watching the entire series and all the films, then I'll give Crystal a try after that (general view seems to be S1 of Crystal's not the best but it improves significantly after that, but I'm happy to give it a proper go anyway) :)

Last edited:
Back