Your viewing journal

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 2 In the Shadows.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 2 Deal.

Space Dandy (Rewatch) episodes 1-13

I’ve decided to start working my way through all the anime from my physical collection on disc that I have not watched/finished via any viewing method yet - so if I’ve seen it all via streaming/another physical release of that title such as DVD or a previous Blu-ray release/etc, then it’s not a priority for viewing for me at this time, in addition to that I will not be rewatching all episodes from series that I have seen in part, rather just finishing the shows from where I left off :)

So first up:

Demon Slayer Season 1 Episodes 21-26 (subbed) - This series is not perfect, there are other shonen series with more thematic depth and complexity but I do genuinely enjoy it, and at least thus far it has not outstayed its welcome in terms of length of time required to view the entire series, in the way that many other shonen do, in addition to this it's beautifully animated and visualized and the protagonist is a lovely person with a lot of compassion and kindness in him, traits I admire and aspire to, and I actually like the comedic secondary characters even though I understand why they are not to everyone's taste -

I found the final few relatively lighthearted episodes of this season a welcome dose of needed levity and they made me laugh and smile :)

I will try to get my mitts on a copy of the upcoming UK Limited/Special/Collector's Edition of the Mugen Train film, especially as I believe it has the OST included, and look into which streaming services have the Season 2 episodes available, at some point in the future :)

I'm now working my way through Episodes 5 onwards of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (dubbed) (I think I am on Episode 8 or 9 now) :)

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 2 Charmed.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 2 Present.

Space Dandy (Rewatch) episodes 14-26 (Complete. It’s been a while since I revisited this series and despite a few less memorable episodes it’s still a favourite of mine, baby!) 4.5/5

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 2

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 2 Charm.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 2 Sceptical.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 2 Gift.

I finished Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (dubbed), I thought it was a very enjoyable experience and I cried a lot at the backstory part. The backgrounds were stunning and had a fairly unique feel, and I will consider buying the blu-ray of this, though it may be worth holding onto my UK DVD release as IIRC the Japanese commentary tracks are not included on at least the older US blu-ray of the series with the OST? Maybe they are on the newer BD release though :)

Amanchu Season 1 Episodes 12-13 (subbed) - This show is magical and I love the soft yori vibes it has, I do really like Aria too but i prefer this a bit to Season 1 of that at least :)

Now I'm watching Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Season 1 (dubbed) starting with Episode 2 as I have already seen Episode 1 :)

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 9

In the Land of Leadale Episode 3 Family reunion.

Police in a Pod Episode 3 Mourning.

In the Land of Leadale episode 3 Mother.

Police in a Pod episode 3 Dedication.

Strike Witches: 501st JOINT FIGHTER WING Take Off! episodes 1-12 (Complete. A series of shorter episodes which act as a comedic spin-off to the main story. It was decent enough for what it offered.) 3/5

Strike Witches: Road To Berlin
episodes 1-6

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 episode 2 Oasis.

Strike Witches: Road To Berlin episodes 7-12 (Complete. Another decent season for the series, though it had some more forgettable episodes.) 3.5/5

Summer Days with Coo (Film)
An interesting film which felt fairly grounded despite the presence of the titular character. 3.5/5

Attack on Titan Final Season p2 e2
Late arrival.

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc ep 7
Siblings.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 2
Piping hot.

Love of Kill ep 2
Ambush.

Having finished Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Season 1 (dubbed) I think it's a cute, endearing and entertaining series, I also thought the climactic/ending scenes were particularly moving and magical with utterly beautiful music :) I am guessing the second season and the non-recap film are streaming on HiDive so I'll watch them on there at some point :) Now I'm watching the third cour of the 90s Moomin anime with the well known Canadian dub (I have all the Stax Entertainment DVDs) :)

Slow Loop ep 3
Fishing camp.

Sabikui Bisco ep 2
Giant rideable crabs, hippo calvary and flying slugs. Yep this show is nuts alright.

Takagi-san s3 e3
Baka Nishikata, I saw that first one a mile off.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus ep 10
Last song.

CUE! ep 3
Destiny.

Back