Your viewing journal

Girls Und Panzer-Das Final 3-more of the same, and that's a very good thing because the series is so much fun to watch. I mean girls and tanks-where else but in anime could such a combination exist?

Haibane Renmei complete series: rewatched to see whether I can justify upgrading to the upcoming BluRay's, Hmm, must check to see what extras are included.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 13

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 6

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 2 Introductions.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 Episode 15 Talks.

Miss KUROITSU From the Monster Development Department Episode 2 Birb.

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 2 Measurements.

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 2 Dungeon crawl.

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 2 On the spot.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 15 Wild proposal.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 14 Teacher.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 2 Measurements.

Servant x Service episodes 1-13 (Complete. A fun workplace comedy series.) 3.5/5

Shining Hearts
episodes 1-9

Finished Demon Slayer S1
Really enjoyed watching this series

Finished Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Movie: Mugen Train
Following on from Seaon 1 and going straight into the movie. That was amazing.

Really glad I started this series

After finishing the entirety of Durarara and X2 i thought i needed a palate cleanser before moving on to something serious again so decided to start New Game. Watched episodes 1-8.

A young girl starts her first job as a game developer, this anime is more K-On than Shirobako though with the focus really being cute girls doing cute things rather than the actual game development but I'm rather liking the light heartedness of this and the characters are the typical type you see but i like them all.

I do think that (so far) the show glosses over the long working hour expectations that game devs/Japanese workers are faced with, like this 18 year old girl regularly starts at 9am and leaves around 10pm!

Nice stuff though so far

After finishing the entirety of Durarara and X2 i thought i needed a palate cleanser before moving on to something serious again so decided to start New Game. Watched episodes 1-8.

A young girl starts her first job as a game developer, this anime is more K-On than Shirobako though with the focus really being cute girls doing cute things rather than the actual game development but I'm rather liking the light heartedness of this and the characters are the typical type you see but i like them all.

I do think that (so far) the show glosses over the long working hour expectations that game devs/Japanese workers are faced with, like this 18 year old girl regularly starts at 9am and leaves around 10pm!

Nice stuff though so far
Yeah K-ON and New Game were published in the Manga Time Kirara family of magazines. Often quite a bit of overlap in themes in series published in that family with most being of the CGDCT subgenre. Related series include Hidamari Sketch, Laid-Back Camp, Comic Girls and The Demon Girl Next Door.

Blue Exorcist Episodes 1 -25

Nice series, movie up next before I turn back the clock to watch the Kyoto Saga series.

Although my DVD said the OVA should have been included on part 2 but I couldn't find how to access it.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 18
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 7

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 77 Left behind.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 232 Proving.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 7 Neck.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 2 Work Hard.

Shining Hearts episodes 10-12 (Complete. A middling storyline which turns from SoL to action towards the end.) 2.5/5

I also watched the new animated release of Doctor Who Galaxy 4 with the existing episode.

Your lie in April
Yet more proof that I can get spoiled on how a series ends and it'll still hit me like a truck. Really strong series in all areas, especially the music. A series focused on music demands a great composer and Masaru Yokoyama absolutely nailed it. Kyohei Ishiguro's direction and Yokoyama's music were a perfect match for this series.

Gonna need some easy watching after this. Perfect time to rewatch Love Live! Nijigasaki on the JP Blu-rays

Haibane Renmei complete series: rewatched to see whether I can justify upgrading to the upcoming BluRay's, Hmm, must check to see what extras are included.
Did you ever see the japanese bluray release of Last Exile? It looked like crap, the dvds actually looked better. I guess just because something comes out on bluray doesn't make it better than the dvd release.

My Dress Up Darling ep2

Well that took a turn.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit ep4-6 (English dub)

Continues to be very engrossing, but I think some cracks do appear when the show needs to deal with exposition; no doubt it’s harder to adapt a prose novel into an ongoing series than a serialised manga. It also feels very much as if the production team are saving their strength for the action scenes - the series really shines when it’s tackling a fight or a chase.

My Dress Up Darling ep2

Well that took a turn.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit ep4-6 (English dub)

Continues to be very engrossing, but I think some cracks do appear when the show needs to deal with exposition; no doubt it’s harder to adapt a prose novel into an ongoing series than a serialised manga. It also feels very much as if the production team are saving their strength for the action scenes - the series really shines when it’s tackling a fight or a chase.

I just watched episode 2 of Dress up Darling, and it was a very painful watch. The one trope in anime I cannot stand is the super-embarrased MC whenever they get close to a girl - and this dragged on and on ad nauseum through the entire episode - it just became so obnoxious and was not funny whatsoever. I'll never understand what Japanese consider as humor in anime - between this and all the yelling and screaming crap they love to use, no wonder I hate comedy so much. C'mon, dude, appreciate that thang already, and embrace your destiny! Are all Japanese guys such helpless wussies like this? If this kind of interaction continues into the next few episodes, I will have to drop the series. :rolleyes:

Moribito is an AWESOME friggin' series. Period. 'nuff said. :)

Last edited:
Did you ever see the japanese bluray release of Last Exile? It looked like crap, the dvds actually looked better. I guess just because something comes out on bluray doesn't make it better than the dvd release.
I have noticed a few negative reports on the BR quality (and nothing indicating new/enhanced extras), leading me to adopting a policy of sit back and wait for the post-release reviews from others. :)

Is The Order A Rabbit??
More adorable cuteness and hilarity. Theres something very endearing about this show and its characters. And the comedy being firmly rooted in their personalities is very well done.

El Hazard
This show improves vastly as it goes along. Jinnai is a ridiculous loony tunes villian and Makoto is a painfully bland protagonist but everything else is pretty good. The teacher was an especially great character. And the premise of a group of people being isekei-ed is actually a pretty interesting one.

Godannar ep1-15
There was stuff about this that was decent but the core relationship where a 30yr old and a highschooler get married (eww) and then have needless drama and love triangles didn't do anything for me. Season 2 adding another character into that pointless mix just totally drained me so I stopped watching.

Kaiba
Weird as hell. Dark, tragic, twisted and messed up. Very much early Yuasa. This was fascinating to watch although the main antagonists plan and actions didn't entirely make sense to me. As expected the art and colours were unique and incredible.

X-Bomber - Episodes 20 & 21

Eighty-Six - Episodes 15 - 18

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 47 & 48 (Blu-ray)

Odin - Photon Space Sailor Starlight

I haven't watched Odin since I reviewed it for the first episode of the podcast but felt a need to watch it again. It's still slow and overlong but I still love the designs, animation, action sequences and pure science fiction of it all!

Not strictly anime, but I picked up the DVD of Guyver: Dark Hero for 50p yesterday. The last time I watched a movie this bad it was Transformers. 90 minutes of shaking my head, thinking they couldn't be serious. Oh well, back to the "proper" cartoons. :)

It is a terrible movie but I remember there were are bits of that of film I quite liked though (although I couldn't tell off the top of head what they were)!

Back