Your viewing journal

Makes me glad I've never played any of the FGO games so I go into the animes/films blind and enjoy them for what they are.

Also I don't take notice of reviews, I watch things if I like the looks of it.
Honestly all of the adaptations have been very faithful, even the Studio Deen one. The problem is that western Fate fans are obnoxiously elite and ironically give their own franchise a bad name because of it.

I count myself as a fan who has seen the original source material and I am happy to say the VN is overrated. It's good but not "amazing perfectionism of story telling" as you might be led to believe.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 1

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 Episode 14

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department Episode 1

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 1

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 1

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 1

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 1

Cobra the Animation
Episodes 1-13

I'll give this a rare 10/10.
Top mix of action and comedy with a very likable MC
Will you like it?

MC has the police looking for him? Check.
MC smokes? Check.
MC gets into fights and shoot outs? Check.
MC helps friends? Check.
MC helps out busty, scantily clad female characters? Double Check.

I'll watch this again.

Inuyasha season 1
Fun pre-modern isekei where the protagonist isn't completely OP and can also travel back home as and when. I enjoyed the character dynamics especially and none of the heros are completely heroic. It feels quite dated in many ways but if AL continue to release it I'll keep watching.

Is This Order A Rabbit? season 1
CGDCT in a cafe. Adorable and funny. Like really funny. Much funnier than it has any right being!

Dororo
Magnificent piece of tragic storytelling. The character dynamics and story were really interesting. Going into the last few episodes I had no idea how it was going to all play out.

Road Buster Bean Bandit ova
So much fun. Shame it's so short as it feels like the introduction to what could be a great story but I had a huge grin on my face for all if it. Hopefully the success of the crowdfunding will get an actual studio to back him and make something more substantial with these characters and for what little we got it looked and sounded fantastic.

Edit: So I just watched the Bean Bandit audio commentary (amusingly an hour long for a 12min film) and Sonoda states very clearly that his ambition is that this ova leads to a proper tv series so fingers crossed. It's a good, informative and funny commentary/episode discussion so if you get the OVA do check it out

Last edited:
Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 17
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 6

Last edited:
Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 76 The fierce fighting continues.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 231 Strength behind the sword.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 6 Change.

Restaurant to Another World 2 episodes 19-24 (Complete. An enjoyable second season which delivered more of what made the first good whilst having an overall stronger set of stories.) 4/5

Revue Starlight
episodes 1-12 & Shorts (Complete. I initially wasn’t sure what to make of the premise but RS ended up being an entertaining watch. I’d be interested in checking out the film in the future.) 3.5/5

Bit of a rhetorical statement.
I like sports anime and find it funny that I'll enjoy one that is based on sports I've no interest in. Baseball, Ping Pong, tennis.

But why am I enjoying Saki (first 10 in just a few days) when I have absolutely no idea on the scoring or playing rules? I honestly have not a clue what's going on.

I like sports anime and find it funny that I'll enjoy one that is based on sports I've no interest in. Baseball, Ping Pong, tennis.

But why am I enjoying Saki (first 10 in just a few days) when I have absolutely no idea on the scoring or playing rules? I honestly have not a clue what's going on.
I haven't seen Saki but there's something naturally engrossing about competition and how effortlessly it leads to high stakes drama. I have no interest in volleyball and yet Haikyu is one of the most exciting shows I've ever watched!

I haven't seen Saki but there's something naturally engrossing about competition and how effortlessly it leads to high stakes drama. I have no interest in volleyball and yet Haikyu is one of the most exciting shows I've ever watched!
I enjoyed Harakuna Receive 😇.
For some strange reason I loved Sports Climbing Girls. 🤔

Being the softy that I am, I like the Friendship Overcomes themes.

X-Bomber - Episodes 16 - 19

Eighty-Six - Episodes 13 & 14

Road Buster Bean Bandit (Blu-ray)

Road Buster Bean Bandit ova

So the Kickstarter finally arrived, I didn't watch the Vimeo file online last year as I really wanted to watch the Blu-ray when it turned up. So...hmmm...it's a tantalising glimpse into something bigger but also a whole lot of nothing at the same time imho. It's a shame the stretch goals weren't met to make a longer OVA but hopefully it sparked enough interest that might mean more is made in future and I would definitely back another project in the future.

I watched the bonus materials as well, the commentary track was very interesting and inciteful and I can recommend watching it.

Lupin III: Part 1 ep1-4 (English dub)

Very much enjoying revisiting Part 1, although I slightly question what anyone coming to the franchise anew might make of it. It was all change once the Miyahata tag-team got involved, but the episodes prior to their arrival are a completely different animal. Even aside from the causal misogyny, I’d forgotten quite how weird it could get. Surprisingly, the first episode feels more in line with the daft capering of Part 2, but there’s an almost dreamlike quality to the storytelling in the subsequent episodes, where things are often apparently linked together more by mood and motif than any definite logic. There’s a real darkness to them as well; compared to the coziness of the recent material, this feels like a world where life is cheap and Lupin’s gang is held together more for convenience and horniness than any familial bond.

I watched Part 1 last year and got the same feeling from as well, it's so subversive and definitely a dark undertone running through it, hard to believe it was made in 1970!!!!

Requiem of the Rose King ep 1
Hmmm. Seemed very rushed and a bit confusing. The manga is based on Shakespeare's Richard III, famously a character assassin written c. 100 years after the events, and Henry VI. Here it seems Richard's deformity has gone and replaced with them being intersex! Could be interesting, but according to a review of the manga I read it's a bit of a double edge sword as when with their male friend he acts feminine and when with their female friend acts masculine, so the relationships are acted out is if hetro, but there is plenty of anguish about their self identity. Animation was lacking though. I'll give it the 3 episodes rule.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive s2 e1
An adventurous start.

Sabikui Bisco ep 1
Seems like it'll be an insane ride. Tokyo has exploded and there's rust everywhere which seems to infect people and a terrorist who kills people with mushrooms!

Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc ep 6
Out of breath.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus ep 9
Next on the list.

Attack on Titan Final Season p2 e1
Titanic battle.

Trigun episodes 1-26: Good action and storyline, with a few moments of comic relief in between all the shooting. Pity about the animation. Imagine what a modern remake would do with the visuals. Or a box set with less than 8 DVDs!

I'm down to one outstanding series from that big box of anime I bought two months ago. So tomorrow I shall see if Azumanga Daioh lives up to the hype!

Same. I have no interest in any sport, but Hajime no Ippo, Princess Nine, and Chihayafuru are among my favourite shows. Chihayafuru in particular never ceases to amaze me in how much tension, drama, and visual interest in manages to build into what is essentially people playing Snap.

As @WMD says, the competitive nature of sport makes it an ideal channel for drama. In anime form, that intensity gives animators the chance to let loose with every weapon in their stylistic arsenal.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 1 Dining.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 1 Spores.

Riding Bean OVA An entertaining late 80s OVA for which I’d have happily watched more of. I’ll be checking out Gunsmith Cats in the future too. 3.5/5

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
episodes 167-176

Remake Our Life!-about 5 episodes in and I really like this show. It has time travel but isn't sci fi-,more like sol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. I have no interest in any sport, but Hajime no Ippo, Princess Nine, and Chihayafuru are among my favourite shows. Chihayafuru in particular never ceases to amaze me in how much tension, drama, and visual interest in manages to build into what is essentially people playing Snap.

As @WMD says, the competitive nature of sport makes it an ideal channel for drama. In anime form, that intensity gives animators the chance to let loose with every weapon in their stylistic arsenal.
Thanks for the clip.
I'll put that on my extremely long list.

I did see male characters in it though.
🤮

Hmm, I also have no interest in sports, or board games, and my anime collection does actually reflect that - the only sports related anime I own is Ping Pong, and I only got that one because I used to be a pretty good ping pong player and did play competitively when I was younger. I tried to watch a few episodes of Chihayafuru and just couldn't get interested in it. Perhaps Summer Wars would count as a sort of a board game anime? I do own that one, lol. Koi Koi!

Last edited:
Back