Your viewing journal

Girls Beyond The Wasteland episodes 1-12: Had no idea what this was about, as I bought it in the MVM sale because it was cheap. Quite entertaining story of a group of high school kids who are brought together to create an online dating game. I enjoyed it despite knowing nothing about such games. Sadly I note there is also an OVA, but that was bundled with the game, and not the BluRay. Not sure I enjoyed it enough to want to keep it on my crowded shelves, but well worth the £4 I paid for it,

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 32 - 35 (Blu-ray)

X Bomber - Episodes 3 - 6

AMAIM Warrior on the Borderline - Episodes 10 & 11

Sakugan - Episode 10

Sakugan's climate change message has been relatively subtle so far but they decided to get a sledgehammer behind it in this episodes, now that the wheels are in motion for the series conclusion, it made me feel like some of the previous episodes were a bit pointless!?!?!

Alita, Battle Angel (3D Blu-ray)

I was moving house when this at the cinema so has taken me all this time to get round to it. It was interesting to watch Alita in light of Friday's news of Cowboy Bebop's cancellation. I'm a big fan of the OVA and after seeing the trailers I had been looking forward to it. I have to say I did really quite like it, it had some of usual issues with anime adaptations (difficulties in recreating was good, 'cool' or iconic about the original anime) but Alita did the best job of all the live action adaptations I've seen so far.

Pani Poni Dash! episodes 1-5: Way too much going on, an over-abundance of in-jokes and too many characters. Hopefully it'll settle down.

The Familiar of Zero season 1: Goofy fun, on a par with Louie The Rune Soldier and Those Who Hunt Elves. Well worth the £2 from the MVM Christmas sale.

Got some more stuff yesterday.

One of them is Gurenn Lagann. It was only £9.99 so thought I'd give it a go.
I'm positive I saw a couple of episodes on Vice years ago but it was dubbed.
Didn't like it.
So started with Japanese/English subtitles (my default) and suddenly I'm really enjoying it.
About to start episode 4.

Mixing it with a rewatch of Bakuon.
Why,I don't know with the amount of new stuff on my list.
The first episode hooked me again.
I obviously needed a good laugh and halfway through in just a few days.

Pani Poni Dash! episodes 6-10: Still way too much going on, but I'm just letting it wash over my tired brain and occasionally laughing.

The Familiar of Zero episodes 13-21: Bit darker than the first series and Saito is getting caught in a lot more compromising positions. The other magic students have been sidelined for most of this series, so far, in favour of the princess (queen?) and Louise's family.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 11 Breakdown.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 11 Rain and wind.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 282-283, 296-302, 321-324

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 8

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 4

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 11

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 11

Erased Episodes 1 - 12

Nice little series, although I guessed who the killer was early on
Although I was expecting Kayo to be near him during the coma helping his mum support waiting for him to wake up etc

Last edited:
I went to Netflix to watch Blue Period and realised Aggretsuko s4 is out today
images

Aggretsuko s4 eps 1-4 (dub)
Oh Haida!

Last edited:
SAKUGAN episode 11 A diva’s dreams

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 24 To the future. (Complete. An enjoyable series which had a few lulls around the midway point but was overall a good watch.) 3.5/5

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch)
episodes 325-337

Komi Can't Communicate Episode 11 Festival fun.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 24 (Complete. An original anime that had it's high moments throughout and a few lows around the middle section but overall a fairly pleasant watch.) 3.5/5

Z/X Code Reunion Episode 1-9

Pani Poni Dash episodes 11-14: it's mainly just background noise now, sadly. I like the extras, with the involvement of the US VA's. ADV was good for getting their staff to play around with extra content before their demise, weren't they?

RE-KAN! episodes 1-4: light and fluffy tale of a school girl who can see and interact with the ghosts around her, and how she draws her friends into her occult world. Could have done without the cat with the panty fetish.

Seitokai Yakuin Domo
episodes 1-9: I feel old and out of touch, as this bunch of teenage virgins crack jokes about some very strange and obscure sexual practices. Surprisingly little fan service, apart from cleavage. Oh, and it's the girls making all the jokes and the poor boy who has to act as straight man.

The Fake Spanish dub
What a crushingly heavy heavy film. Brilliant but supremely uncomfortable to watch. Almost everyone is a villian really including the "hero".

On Gaku Our Sound
The soundtrack is excellent. The backgrounds and scenery have this watercolour aesthetic which is really cool. The character designs are painfully simplistic. But the final act is brilliant!

Code Geass rewatch
What a monumentally incredible show. Every single second is exceptional. I know its popular tonrag on most of the 2nd season but I dont get it. I love it and the shows finale is one of the best I've ever seen on tv.

Code Geass Akito The Exiled
Really nice animation in this. Some of it was really stunning. At times the vibe and story felt a lot more like Gundam than Geass but it was still a good watch. Though there really was no need for Lelouch to be in it.

Pani Poni Dash episodes 11-14: it's mainly just background noise now, sadly. I like the extras, with the involvement of the US VA's. ADV was good for getting their staff to play around with extra content before their demise, weren't they?
Shame you're not getting into it. It's one of my favourite ever comedies. I love how crazy, all over the place and irreverent it is. Some the background visual jokes are hilarious for me. But I guess comedy is one of the most subjective art forms after all.

Back