Your viewing journal

SAKUGAN episode 4 Behind the bar.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 17 Down time.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXVIII: Yokai Monsters Trilogy (Films)

Maria†Holic Alive
episodes 7-12 (Complete. A fun second season which delivered more of the what the first season offered but was a bit funnier overall.) 3.5/5

Marmalade Boy
Movie, episodes 1-6

I'm a simple woman, I see Marmalade Boy, I click like :p I hope you enjoy the series, are you watching dubbed or subbed? :)

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Episodes 10-11 (dubbed) - will def watch the second half soon :)

Battle Athletes Victory Episodes 1-7 (dubbed) - I dropped this years ago for being too heavy on the dramatic slapping and "pull urself together! if ur not dedicated enough just leave! :< " stuff but it does play better dubbed for me as I don't have to get quite so immersed in the depressing air of desperation that's present if I don't wanna. So ye I'm actually really enjoying it - I have the Pioneer DVD singles but just bought the Discotek SD-BD release (it has the Battle Athletes OVAs as well) so will hopefully find it was worth it when it arrives :)

SDF Macross Episode 21 (ADV uncut dubbed) - Still really digging this :)

Maria Watches Over Us Episodes 1-9 (subbed) - Rewatching this now I have the BD and it still holds up well :)

Aria season 1
Gentle, nice, relaxing and even more gentle. Hope MVM can release the rest as I did enjoy this a lot. The running gag about sappy lines was so good and made the sappy lines fun rather than unbearable, which they could've been if not handled well,

Kadagawa Jet Girls
Fast, fun and boobs. Really liked the character dynamics here and also really appreciated that this single cour show could tell a full story. It made the show much better. And it was a fun ride anyway.

Let’s Make a Mug Too episode 5 Acknowledgment.

Selection Project episode 5 To grow.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 4 No matter what.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXIX: [REC] (Film)

Marmalade Boy
episodes 13-31

Last edited:
World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 5

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 5

Selection Project Episode 5

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 17

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (Uncensored) Episode 4

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 5

Kadagawa Jet Girls
Fast, fun and boobs. Really liked the character dynamics here and also really appreciated that this single cour show could tell a full story. It made the show much better. And it was a fun ride anyway.

Would you say that it's significantly better than most fanservice series? :)

Would you say that it's significantly better than most fanservice series? :)
In one key area it is: theres no lame, annoying male main character they all inexplicably fall in love with. It's all about the girls, their relationships and rivalries. Theres definitely a yuri undertone to it. The cast fun and large and the girls are distinct even if some can be pretty one note though it's mostly about the main pair and they are done very well.

Also the races are a lot of fun to watch though they can bit a but silly and ridiculous but I guess that's part if the fun really. The races use a fair bit of CGI like idol shows do. I was fine with it bit I know not everyone is.

Is it significantly better? I'm not sure but it was fun and any show like this that can do away with the tired harem trope is a win in my book.

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 5 Crush.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 3 Cosplay.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 5 Park date.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 4 Fever and making contact.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 13 The sun and the rainfall.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 4 Lights out.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXX: Paganini Horror (film)

Marmalade Boy
episodes 32-54

Next week though: Script by Mamoru Oshii!

Guaranteed 100% dumb-free :p

EDIT: Oh ye right! Viewing journal:

Maria Watches Over Us Episodes 10-11 (subbed)

Battle Athletes Victory Episodes 8-12 (dubbed)

GoShogun: The Time Etranger (UK Manga Entertainment dubbed) - excellent film, still holds up really well, I'm really glad I got the blu-ray from Discotek as it contains the sub and both English dubs! (TBH I didn't even know it had two dubs, but I'm finding more and more titles with two dubs as I look into this sort of thing) :)

Started rewatching Castle in the Sky again as well as I've got a bit of a cold and needed something cosy and comforting :)

Last edited:
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 222 No discouragement.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut episode 5 Isolation.

Mieruko-chan episode 5 Another who sees the spirits.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season episode 16 Strained reunion.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXXI: The Exorcist III: Legion (Film)

Marmalade
Boy episodes 54-76 (Complete. My overall thoughts on this series are mixed. The melodramatic and repetitive storytelling rarely did any favours to the characters and their development, especially towards the end where I felt the overall quality of the series dropped and the drama became even more tedious. When the story wanted to be subtler with its plot however, I found it more entertaining.) 3/5

Back