Your viewing journal

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 12 Meaning (Complete. A solid LL series which offered some familiar though decently executed story beats and characters.) 3.5/5

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made
episode 3 Procter.

The Vampire dies in No Time episode 3 Surveillance and a guild gathering.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XVIII: Universal Creature from the Black Lagoon marathon (Films)

Magic User’s Club TV
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Similarly to the OVA series this was a fairly enjoyable watch, though the OVAs were stronger overall and the TV series lacked towards the end when it tried for a dramatic finale.) 3/5

Last edited:
Hokuto no Ken 2 - Episodes 33 - 43 [Final]

A great end to the series, I've really enjoyed watching it. It's been an interesting watch as the general discourse I have seen on HnK2 is that it is the poor relation to the first series but I think it's every bit as good (and in some ways better) that the first series.

Gauche the Cellist

An interesting short film from one of my favourite directors. Definitely a good contender for the podcast.

YU-Sibu (I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job) - full series. I enjoyed this, although it did veer off about halfway through to a different storyline. Started our as our hero working in a small business, when a big competitor opened up nearby, and was gearing up to finding out who was behind the chain store, when suddenly his apprentice (daughter of the defunct demon king) is kidnapped and they have to go off and save her. Bit too much fan-service, but on the whole, I thought it was a fun series that was well worth the discount price I paid for it last week.

Tamako Market - this was an entertaining series about a young girl (don't think her age was precisely determined, but I'd guess around 15-16) living in a mochi shop in a street market (mall-like shopping strip that is fairly common in Japanese cities), her school friends and the people living and working in the market. All very innocent and fluffy stuff, apart from that crazy talking bird (who can receive video calls and project movies from his eyes!?). Probably for a younger (and less cynical) audience than me, but I'm glad I watched. And I'll probably be watching the sequel (Tamako Love Story) tomorrow.

Blue Period ep 2
Future plans.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero s3 e3
Tools.

The Heike Story ep 4
Apparently it helps to know the history of the period to understand this better. Some of it is fine and then it seemingly just skips ahead to something else and it leaves you scratching your head. Like why did Shigemori suddenly wish he would die and then does? I assume the latter is an historical fact and the former is poetic license, but it still doesn't really make sense.

RUMBLE GARANNDOLL ep 2
Back to headquarters.

Pride of Orange ep 3
Making memories.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 3 Deadly blessing.

The Heike Story episode 6 Skull.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 3 Gold

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XX: Troll (Film)

Mahoraba Heartful Days
episodes 1-13

Tuesday.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 44

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 1-7

Yesterday.

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) Episode 9

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 8-17

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 3

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 3

Way of the Househusband ep6

Irina the Vampire Cosmonaut ep1-2

This seems surprisingly decent. The romance element is fairly ordinary, but the daffy 'let's put vampires in space to see if it's safe' premise is certainly novel, and I appreciate how fully they've committed to the mid-century USSR aesthetic, it gives the show a unique flavour.

I also did not know Ali Project were still going and still doing the same song every time.

Finished showing the last 4 episodes of The World is Still Beautiful to my mother last night. Then she picked out Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina and we watched the first three episodes of that, but she didn't like the episodic format, so we stopped that one. She then picked out The Irregular at Magic High School, and we watched the first four episodes before calling it for the night - so 11 episodes of anime last night!

Komi-san Can't Communicate ep 1
Seems like it might be pretty entertaining, although as I feared the Netflix subtitles can't keep up with the shear amount of text on screen. Would have been much better for Crunchyroll to get this as they, generally, tend to translate everything on screen and place the subs next to, or even over the top of, the text being translated rather than at the bottom or top of the screen.

takt op.Destiny ep 3
It's... Showtime!

86 s2 e3
Back in the action. LOL at the blatant death flag before the character dies in literally the next scene! Not subtle at all.

Sakugan ep 3
Shortcut.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 15
Small secret.

Platinum End ep 3
Loves arrow.

SAKUGAN episode 3 Freefall.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 16 Behind the attitude.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXI: Ichi the Killer (Film)

Mahoraba Heartful Days
episodes 14-26 (Complete. A quirky comedy drama focused on a group of people who live in the same lodgings and their landlady who has multiple personalities which trigger due to shock and have a tragic relevance to the backstory for Kozue. This was another enjoyable series that I may not have heard of if not for the recent Discotek Media release.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Way of the Househusand ep7

Komi Can't Communicate ep1

The lack of subs for the onscreen text is irritating, but I'm broadly on board with this. From the panels I’d seen of the manga, I assumed it was played more purely for laughs though - the anime seems to be trying very hard to emulate a Shinkai film and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do like that they're doing the city pop album cover art style for the ED though.

Let’s Make a Mug Too 2 episode 4 Sinister pottery.

Selection Project episode 4 Trying to get along.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 3 Welcoming.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXII: Critters & Critters 2: The Main Course (Films)

Majestic Prince
episodes 1-12

Thursday.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 1

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 18-24 (Complete)

Komi Can't Communicate Episode 3 Phone.

Yesterday.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement (English Dub) Episode 2-6

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 11

Zombieland Saga Revenge (English Dub) Episode 10

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 4 Possessed pottery.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 4 Curious kids.

Selection Project Episode 4 Friction.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 16 Parental struggles.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Great Mankai Chapter Episode 4 Decision.

Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e4
Getting made.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero s3 e4
Retrieval.

Blue Period ep 3
Trying to find inspiration.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 3
Spring Thunder.

My Senpai is Annoying ep 3
Christmas spirit.

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 4 Similar

Lupin III: Part VI episode 2 Technique.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 4 Chilling out.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 3 Gifts.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 12 Spill.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 3 Regroup.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XXIII: Critters 3 & Critters 4 (Films)

Majestic Prince
episodes 13-24 & Special (Complete. An enjoyable action-mecha anime series for which I’ll be watching the film sequel next.) 3.5/5

Rewatching Food Wars S1 & S2, while waiting for S3-5 to appear, and wondering if there will ever be a mention of who Soma's mother was.

Or did his dad cook him up in a kitchen one dark and stormy night?

Back