Your viewing journal

Blue Period ep 1
Finding a passion.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero s3 e2
Expedition.

The Heike Story ep 3
Escalation.
Man it's hard keeping up with who's who, so many different political and personal relationships.

Pride of Orange ep 2
Publicity.

takt op.Destiny ep 2
Origin story.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 2 Devour.

The Heike Story episode 5 Scared.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 2 A specific set of skills.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XIII: April Fool’s Day (Film)

Made in Abyss (Rewatch)
episodes 1-13 (Complete. It has been a while since I watched this series and this rewatch allowed me to finally delve into the MVM CE release I picked up some time ago.) 4/5

Last edited:
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 8

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) Episode 8

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 43

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 2 Consumed.

Kaginado Episode 1 This should be a fun set of short episodes.

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Never alone.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Episode 2 Under the surface.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 2 A certain set of skills.

The Way of the Househusband s2 eps 1-5 (complete)
Pretty much the same as the first season, lots of funny moments, but the style makes you wonder what was the point of the adaptation?
6/10

SAKUGAN episode 2 Slowpokes.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 15 Suggestion.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XIV: It’s Alive Trilogy (Films)

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul (Film)
As expected from the story so far this was a dark and at times gruelling watch but also an intriguing arc with Bondrewd being quite the threat. 4/5

Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
I showed my mother The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent tonight, we watched the first 9 episodes. This was one of my favorite series of 2020. My mother was enjoying it so much she wanted to finish it all tonight, but I just didn't feel like doing 12 episodes in one sitting. So, we'll finish the last three episodes over the weekend just before watching episodes 10 and 11 of Fena: Pirate Princess, another new series she is also really into.

Ronja the Robber's Daughter (rewatch, dubbed) Episodes 1-21 - The dubbed op isn't very good but I like the dub other than that so I just skip it :) I adore this show, I think it's one of the best things to come out of Ghibli in the last 10 years :)

Mulan (1998) (rewatch) - was great to see this again :)

Monster House (rewatch) - I still think this holds up well overall, though the camerawork is gimmicky, presumably designed for 3D viewing?

Luca - Lovely film and the music was beautiful, I also appreciated it's relatively realistic take regarding the prejudices against outsiders.

Tarzan (1999) (rewatch) - I don't much care for Phil Collins but these songs are better than the godawful ones he churned out for Brother Bear and it's a enjoyable watch overall, the chemistry between Tarzan and Jane is palpable and very romantic :)

Up (rewatch) - One of Pixar's best "I have just met you and I LOVE you!" 🥰

Hokuto no Ken 2 - Episode 28 - 32

Really enjoying this.

AMAIM: Warrior of the Borderline - Episode 2

Sakugan - Episodes 1 & 2

There's something about Sakugan that I really like, it's not in the slightest bit original so far but these episodes have a charm that has caught my attention.

City Hunter - .357 Magnum
City Hunter - Bay City Wars
City Hunter - Million Dollar Conspiracy

Another watch ahead of reviews on the podcast.

Nobunaga The Fool: currently on episode 17. Started out very promising, but it's got way too many unanswered questions and weird plot twists to maintain my interest. There are some good points but I'm not sure that's enough to make me want to watch it again.

I watched Nobunaga the Fool when it aired, it's quite silly and plays fast and loose with a lot of historical figures but I have to admit I did quite enjoy it.

Let’s Make a Mug Too 2 episode 3 Sightseer.

Selection Project episode 3 Revelation and rivalry.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale episode 2 Living dead.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XV: Crimson Peak (Film)

Magical☆Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
episodes 5-13 (Complete. An adventurous series which runs the gambit of different genres and backdrops as the leads try and find their way home. It was fairly entertaining overall.) 3.5/5

Magicians Academy
episodes 1-6

My mother asked to watch some more anime last night, so we finished one series and started another:

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episodes 10-12 (finish)

The World is Still Beautiful episodes 1-5

Soul - dropped because
the lionisation of Mother Theresa had me constantly rolling my eyes.

Mai Mai Miracle - I'll admit that I never managed to finish this subbed as it meanders somewhat BUT the dub was very good so I watched the whole thing dubbed last night and really enjoyed it a lot :)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OVA Collection and 4 panel comic theatre - I actually wish there were more OVAs as the FMA universe and characters could easily support further delving into :)

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 3 Trying harder.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 1 No Surprise.

MUTEKING THE Dancing HERO episode 3 Rollercoaster.

My Senpai is Annoying episode 2 Peep.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 11 Sprout.

World Trigger 3rd Season episode 2 Shoot.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XVI: The Uninvited (Film)

Magicians Academy
episodes 7-12 (Complete. An anime in which the humour was a bit all over the place but just about worked despite this for me overall.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Yawara ep12

Lupin III: Part VI ep1

Some slightly iffy 3D work aside, Part 6 is off to a very strong start. I am surprised that they seem to have modelled Sherlock Holmes on the Robert Downey Jr. incarnation though, given Benedict Cumberbatch’s apparent popularity in Japan.

Zombieland Saga Revenge (English Dub) Episode 9

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 42

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! (English Dub) Episode 10

Komi Can't Communicate Episode 2 A new friend.

Let's Make a Mug Too 2 Episode 3 Sightseer.

My Senpai is Annoying Episode 2 Peek.

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 3 Taste testing.

Selection Project Episode 3 Reveal and rivals.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 15 Idea.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 11 Grow.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero -The Great Mankai Chapter- Episode 3 Unyielding.

Kemono Michi Rise Up
Oh boy this was so much fun. Such a silly premise but managed to be really funny and the character dynamics were really entertaining.

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution Anemone rewatch
These films are bloody good. I know people dont like them but you're wrong. The Hi Evo films are incredible. I cannot wait for the third one.

Tsukimonogatari rewatch
Even though I must have seen this before I couldnt remember a single thing, even while watching. Really enjoyed it though. The show has a great capacity to mix things up whilst retaining its core elements that make it monogatari.

Owarimonogatari volume 1 rewatch
The first 2 episodes set in the classroom are so good. How 2 people talking in a locked room can be that engaging is amhazing! As the episodes progress it turns into the heaviest story yet but also one of the most satisfying. Maybe because it shifts into more of a mystery story which I'm totally down for.

Owarimonogatari volume 2 rewatch
The final parts of season 2s puzzle are put in place. Its quite remarkable to see these stories come together and fit in their places.

Koyomimonogatari
Yay more Oshino! Though not enough! Anyways this was like a little palate cleanser before the final course. Little mini episodes with little stories. AND THEN THAT FINAL EPISODE HAPPENS!!!!!

Owarimonogatari volume 3
Wow, just wow. What a goddamned masterpiece. How a show as stupid and at times plain wrong as this also has the gall to be plain brilliant is astonishing. I actually cried during the last episode...something must be wrong with me.

Zoku Owarimonogatri
What a fun epilogue to the saga of Koyomi Araragi and quite heartfelt in its final moments. Managed to throw in some surprises and the one thing bugging me throughout (where was Senjogahara) was very nicely dealt with at the end and made perfect sense.

Monogatri as a whole has been well worth the ride.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 220 Measures.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Mugen Train Arc episode 2 Scent.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 11 The promised place.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut episode 3 To the skies.

Mieruko-chan episode 3 Itchy.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Cour episode 14 Captive.

31 Days of Halloween 2021! Day XVII: Kwaidan (Film)

Magic User’s Club
OVAs 1-6 (Complete. A fun little comedy series for which I’ll check the TV series out for next.) 3.5/5

Sakugan ep 2
The bigger they are the harder they fall.

Let's Make a Mug Too s2 e3
World famous.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated ep 11
New pet and annoying flatmate.

Taisho Otome Fairy Tale ep 2
Small girl in the big city.

Mieruko-chan ep 3
Prayer beads.

My Senpai is Annoying ep 2
Bear chested.

Fena: Pirate Princess Episode 11 Promised land.

Irina: The Vampire Cosmonaut Episode 3 Take to the sky.

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 New goal. (Complete. Another decent entry for the LL franchise. I'll be looking forward to the next installment next year.) 3/5

Mieruko-chan
Episode 3 Warding beads.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season Episode 14 Prisoner.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Episode 3 Supervisor.

Back