Your viewing journal

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 12 (complete)
Declaration!
Loved that ending, although it was very much the end of the beginning type of thing. The romance is sweet and the characters are mostly fun. Definitely be watching the sequel.
The CG characters are very similar to Hi Score Girl which I quite liked, but they were in a modern setting whereas Duke/Maid has a older setting and it is a bit jarring sometimes.
8/10

The Case Study of Vanitas
ep 12 (complete)
This however was a terrible last episode. We may have learnt a few crumbs of info, but nothing happened. For a show with its fair share of action, some sort of sub boss fight could have happened. No it just ended with them on a train. I guess it's more an end of a part 1 rather than season 1 by the sounds of it, but when scoring on MAL you have to score what you've seen, so half of what is intended and not the whole.
The story has its intrigue, but the tone is all over the place and I didn't particularly like any of the characters. Vanitas is arrogant and Noe is a bit of a wet blanket.
The art and animation were pretty good though.
6/10

The Dungeon of Black Company
ep 11
Power!

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 12
Auditions continue.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-11 (44-47)

With the exception of Higurashi SOTSU (which I believe will wrap up next week), everything else I aim to finish this week.

SeasonAnimeEpisodes WatchedEpisode LengthNotes
SpringMy Hero Academia Season 5
24​
25​
SpringTo Your Eternity
12​
20​
Finished Airing
SpringWelcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2
13​
21​
Finished Airing
SummerDuke of Death and His Maid, The
9​
12​
Finished Airing
SummerDungeon of Black Company, The
8​
12​
SummerHigurashi: When They Cry SOTSU
11​
15​
SummerHow a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
8​
13​
SummerI'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2
9​
12​
SummerMiss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
7​
12​
SummerMy Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X
7​
12​
Finished Airing
SummerThat Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2
11​
12​
SummerTSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy-
8​
12​

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 12 A good place.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 8 Troubled.

Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season episodes 69-75 (Complete. Another enjoyable season, possibly the strongest overall top of the three.) 3.5/5

Kuroko no Basket The Movie LAST GAME (Film)
Wasn’t as keen on this overall as the American team were a bit too over the top for me, ending was handled fairly well though and the actual basketball was still fun to watch. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 7 Treasured memories.

Seirei Gensouki - Spirit Chronicles Episode 12 Bridenapped. (Complete. A decent fantasy series with a likeable array cast of characters for which I would happily watch another season of if and when one comes out.) 3/5

Ep 12 of Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan
Ep 12 of The Case Study of Vanitas...i'm loving it. Nice that its such a faithful adaption of the manga. Good place to end the 1st part so we can go straight into the Beast of Gevaudin arc in part 2 and all the awesome fights i know they'll be.

Infinite Dendrogram
Basically the opposite of SAO. Its just a game but the AI is so good that if an NPC dies they are gone forever. Theres basically no stakes but the earnest seriousness that the MC has for it makes it an entertaining watch.

Akame Ga Kill Spanish dub
Great show and was interesting to watch in Spanish this time. I'd actually forgotten far more than I realised. And it has one of the best finales.

K-on! season 2 ep1-13 rewatch
This show is the pinnacle of human achievement. Don't @ me.

Ghost In The Shell rewatch
This was the first anime I watched and it's an incredible film.

Last edited:
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-10
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

Started two new series from the physical backlog with Assassination Classroom and Your Lie in April. Already familiar with Assassination Classroom from reading the manga and already liking the adaptation so far. Your Lie in April has a great start too, benefitting from a really strong production. Really impressed with episode 5 however which was led by joint episode directors Masashi Ishihama and Takashi Kojima. Always great to see a solo key animated episode by Kojima and Ishihama's storyboards were a great match for his style.

And of course I watched a bit more Macross Delta to mark the 21st night

Love Live! Superstar!!7/--Seasonal
The Legend of the Galactic Heroes64/110Streaming Backlog
Release the Spyce7/12Streaming Backlog
Yona of the Dawn14/24Physical Backlog
Assassination Classroom2/22Physical Backlog
Your Lie in April5/22Physical Backlog
Macross Delta15/26Rewatch

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 48 Free to serve. (Complete. A second half to the season which establishes some new order within the world and some darker moments. Now to wait and see what the movie has to offer.) 4/5

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace
episode 10 The fugitive.

Kyo Kara Maoh! 3rd Season episodes 1-13

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 40

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 48 (Complete. A somewhat darker latter half to this season that rectifies some previous wrong doings whilst bringing about a new world order. With a film on the way, it'll aleast be something else to look forward to.) 4/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 6

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) (Uncensored) Episode 5

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 12 Party. (Complete. Comfy SoL medicine making fun with a likeable cast of characters which was both episodic and repetitive when it came to solving others daily dilemmas.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
Episode 12 Festival and flowers. (Complete. A pleasant continuation and another fun season from this series that picks up from where it left off while also managing to introduce some new cast members. It's really good to see KyoAni back up and running again doing what they do best.) 3.5/5

Star Wars: Visions
The Dual

Star Wars x Samurai.
A mysterious stranger and his droid wanders into a village just in time to witness a band of bandits raid it.
The action is cool and the mysterious stranger is intriguing with hints of a cool backstory. Maybe it's a bit too short for the plot to be too important, but if someone at Disney said "hey, make a feature film out of this" I would definitely want to see it.
The art is interesting, mostly black and white with colours used for lights and weapons. The director worked on Ninja Batman and it's quite similar in animation, but the black and white means the CG isn't quite as garish as I remember that being.
9/10

Tatooine Rhapsody

Rebel without feet!
A much more comedic episode where a Hutt defies Jabba to become a rockstar instead of joining the family business. Not much to it really being one of the shortest.
This is the Studio Colorido which you can tell from the style which is quite smooth and polished.
7/10

The Twins

Star Wars x Imaishi.
Twins born from the dark side of the force were made for one purpose, but is that their true destiny?
It's Trigger and Imaishi, nothing more needs to be said about the art and animation. The only thing I would say though is that the male twin looks a bit too much like Lio from Promare.
8/10

The Village Bride

Natural allies.
A Jedi finds herself in a village of people at one with nature, but outside forces threaten their way of life.
The story reflects on the nature of the force as being a mixture of Eastern philosophies with the villagers practices being like those of Buddhism and Shintoism. The bad guys are there to stir the Jedi character into action as she seems to have been suffering from some sort of PTSD, but had found peace in the village.
Again art and animation were very good. Music is by Kevin Penkin.
8/10

The Ninth Jedi

The call of the force.
Someone is trying to rebuild the Jedi order and a group of people strong with the force have been gathered together, but are the invites genuine or is it a trap. Meanwhile on the planet below a girl is visiting her fathers work place which is connected to the person who called the meeting.
The action was pretty good and the twist was interesting, but I don't feel it was as good as some of the others so far.
Made by Production I.G. by the director of GitS: SAC, so again art and animation were very good.
7/10

T0-B1

The droid who wanted to be a Jedi.
The droids master is trying to reinvigorate a dead world and discourages him from his dream, until he relents slightly which leads to the droid accidentally alerting the Imperials to their whereabouts. You see the master was a Jedi (you'd never guess from his clothes!). The master is killed off screen, droid continues on his masters work, Sith comes back, bit of a fight, the end. A bit boring this one.
The style is quite reminiscent of older anime, the character design of the main character is very much like Astro Boy. Found it a bit too old school in the movement, too whimsical.
5/10

The Elder

Time waits for no man.
A Jedi and his Padawan investigate a dark presence felt as they pass a nearby planet.
Again not much to this, a bit of Jedi moralising, a short investigation and some action.
The action was pretty good, this being the second Trigger episode, but it wasn't as stylish as Imaishis. The backgrounds were a bit plain.
7/10

Lop & Ochō

A tale of two sisters.
A planet rich with resources has asked the Imperials to help with making technological advances, but it's little more than a take over. A slave girl escapes the Imperials and is taken in by a family on the planet. 7 years later some of the residents have decided it's time for the Imperials to leave. One such resident is the father of the family, which side will the sisters choose?
Some cool action and thought provoking moments. Another one I'd like to see more of as it ends without the conflict between the sisters solved.
From Studio Geno, the art was really nice with some fine line drawing on the character designs and detailed backgrounds. The animation was good too.
8/10

Akakiri

Temptation.
A Jedi arrives to help an old acquaintance who needs help ridding her planet of a Sith.
The story, written by the same person who did T0-B1, wasn't that compelling again apart from the fairly twisty ending, but it was also cliffhanger-y and didn't really explore it any further. The 2 leads were supposed to be in love according to the blurb on the episode, but it was never really established!
This being the second Science Saru episode had more of a Yuasa feel design wise, although directed by Eun-Yeong Choi. The character designer was the same as Eizouken.
6/10

Overall started strong, but tailed off a little apart from the penultimate episode. I watched the English dub and looking at the credits there were some big names including Lucy Liu, David Harbour, George Takei, Neil Patrick Harris and Allison Brie.
Would definitely like to see more of a few of these stories, but others were too short or not interesting enough to get into.
65/90 = c.7/10

Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 12 Centre of attention. (Complete. Though initially a bit dull this series managed to have some charm but overall didn’t entertain as much as other anime of its genre have for me.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
episode 12 Festival and fall. (Complete. A nice second season which introduced new characters and provided more of what made the series enjoyable before. Still not keen on one or two of said characters but otherwise a good watch.) 4/5

NIGHT HEAD 2041
episode 11 Overlap.

The Heike Story episode 2 Visions of fate.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 12 Trump cards. (Complete. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this series but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it overall. I look forward to the second season.) 3.5/5

Kyo Kara Maoh! 3rd Season
episodes 14-26

Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 14 Clash.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 12 Hello Goodbye.

Kyo Kara Maoh! 3rd Season episodes 27-39 (Complete. A solid third season for an enjoyable series.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
The Dungeon of Black Company (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Completed)
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

Back