Your viewing journal

Isn't that just employment? 😅❓

I was kinda wondering about that 🤔

Just wanna say that even though I've only watched about 6 or 7 eps I love Iruma-kun and it's really nice to see so much enthusiasm for it here with the third season just announced 🥰

I watched most of Overlord Season 2 and decided not to watch any further because some of the violence I found too disturbing. It's sad but I just can't handle certain things :/ I sold Seasons 1-3 Blu-rays to CEX and got £38 store credit! That was pretty nifty! :) I finished rewatching Revolutionary Girl Utena including the movie, it's a beautiful series and film and I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it again in HD as I have the US BD Deluxe/Ultimate/whatever it's called edition that I got off Ebay secondhand with the two rings and the hardcover book :) Other than that I rewatched The Castle of Cagliostro again and some other animated films (The Book of Life, for instance) and I watched a bit of UK/European stuff - The Bear (based on Raymond Briggs' picture book, same team as The Snowman), the cel-animated Wind in the Willows film from the mid 90s (has Rik Mayall as Toad and Michael Palin as Ratty), all of the original Bagpuss (Professor Yaffle is a bit annoying lol tho tbf he's supposed to be a bit annoying, but yeah I absolutely loved this it was adorable with lovely songs and the cute little mice and my bigg thicc boi BP himself) and Dougal and the Blue Cat (the Magic Roundabout movie... it was nuts 😅 ). Rn I'm watching Hidamari Sketch :)

To Your Eternity (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-5

I remember years ago when I read and watched A Silent Voice, To Your Eternity started to serialise and it had my curiosity but I didn't check it out until today where I finally started the first season of the anime adaptation. This is a very interesting (and outright melancholy) series, and the first episode gets straight to the point in what direction it's heading. Best way to go into this series is not knowing the story and characters to be honest.

Barakamon eps 10-12 (rewatch, complete)
Over the last few days.

Fena: Pirate Princess ep 6
The truth?

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated ep 6
What's she gonna look like with a **** on her?

1m Lives s2 e10
Goblin Slayer would be proud.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 215 Assault.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 6 Mutiny and reveals.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 11 Merge.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 11 Sleepover.

Kokkoku: Moment by Moment episodes 1-12 (Complete. A supernatural anime series that sadly lacked for me overall both in terms of story and characters despite some decent concepts.) 2/5

Kokoro Connect
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
The Dungeon of Black Company (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8
The Duke of Death and His Maid (Japanese audio) - Episode 7
TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8

E_HdSHbWQAARNdv

E_HdSHcWUAE5bEl

E_HdSHeXMAIk9v-

E_HdSHbWUAUXsYW

E_HdV_eXsAAS91u

E_HdV_hXsAAK2Nx

E_HdV_iX0AcACwc

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 4

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 21

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 37

EDENS ZERO Episode 22 Mentor and disciple.

Fena: Pirate Princess Episode 6 Mutiny.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 11 Out maneuvered.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening Episode 7

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 23 Origination.

Remake Our Life! Episode 10 Some salvation.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 7 Drunk.

The Detective is Already Dead Episode 11 Fused.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Episode 11 Sleepover.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 44 (Complete. Another enjoyable season and still just as fun as the previous season. With the announcement of a 3rd season on the way, I'll definitely be checking it out once it eventually airs.) 3.5/5

Hokuto no Ken 2 - Episodes 6 - 10

I'm really enjoying the second series so far.

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 38 & 39

Getter Robo ARC - Episode 10

Golgo 13: The Professional (Blu-ray)

I've not seen this since my VHS player chewed up my tape in 1994 and I've been keen to see it again for years. What I really didn't appreciate back then was just how incredibly artistic and creative the visuals and animation were. I still really like the story and it has fantastic action sequences in it but it's not perfect as I find some of the talking parts between the action sequences a bit ponderous if I'm honest.

City Hunter: .357 Magnum

Watched for a review on the next episode of the podcast.

Last edited:
Golgo 13: The Professional (Blu-ray)

I've not seen this since my VHS player chewed up my tape in 1994 and I've been keen to see it again for years. What I really didn't back was just how incredibly artistic and creative the visuals and animation were. I still really like the story and it has fantastic action sequences in it but it's not perfect as I find some of the talking parts between the action sequences a bit ponderous if I'm honest.

While I didn't like The Professional at all the first time I saw it, it's one I really came to appreciate over time, I think it's a real snapshot of Dezaki at the top of his game. As you say, the action is amazing, and I think the psychedelic visuals give it a really distinct identity separate from the manga. On some level, it's almost like they were still making Space Adventure Cobra...

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 11 Wind your neck in.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 7 Student Council.

Kokoro Connect episodes 9-13 & OVAs (Complete. Whilst the heartseed happenings felt overused and undercooked at times the characters and their interactions were mostly solid enough for story purposes, though I wasn’t as engaged with the OVA storytelling.) 3.5/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
I'm Standing on a Million Lives Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-9 (13-21)

Despite it's terrible production quality, this series is actually pretty good in terms of storytelling and character development of the main protagonist, at least for the first half's story arc which was based on the manga. The second half on paper sounds interesting but there's a lot of stupid decisions throughout, and after looking into it, it turns out that this arc is adapting a 'what if' scenario from a recent light novel.

Other than that, the way the isekai element works in this series I give props for because it's also heart-breaking (for those don't plan to watch it and am curious, basically the isekai world is on a time limit in which they have to finish a quest in order to be sent back to their own world otherwise they die. Each time the quest is completed, they return to their world but will eventually be forced to go back at some point though a new team member will join them - however by the time they are summoned back into the isekai world, time has passed at a rapid rate so anyone they've met in the isekai world before would have aged which makes for some depressing moments).

So yeah, the first half is like a solid 8/10 while the second half is an average 5/10.

Night World eps 1-3 (ONA)
A series of 3 shorts about dealing with sad/dark thoughts about challenges in life, featuring songs by Aimer.
The first is about the first experience by a child of death, the second about the possibility of losing a friend in high school, and the third about finding direction in adulthood.

Handa-kun ep 1

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 11
Clue.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 11
Date. The flip between the fun bits and the serious stuff is still on the jarring side, especially compared to other shows that have done it, I think in this case the fun stuff is wacky/slapstick/silly and the serious stuff goes quite dark where as in other shows there isn't as wider gap between the 2.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 10
Ill.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 11
Auditions.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 47 Faith.

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace episode 9 Subterranean.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Rewatch) episodes 4-10 & OVA (Complete. Still as fun as it was on my first viewing and a series that rarely takes itself seriously with its humorously selfish cast.) 4/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2 (Rewatch)
episodes 1-4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 39

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 7 Seitokai.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 47 Belief.

2021-09-15_68.png

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

Another isekai, but much like Dungeon of Black Company this was a series that I also own the first few volumes of the source material but not yet read lol. That being said, I am very much enjoying this series and I'm hoping it's adapting the light novels well as it could have potential to get multiple seasons if done right. The artstyle is the only issue I have as it's not the same as the novels but the production is done well enough with those rather intriguing camera work and pace.

SPOILER_2021-09-15_25.png

2021-09-15_26.png

Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 11 Pass and protection.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S episode 11 Journey.

NIGHT HEAD 2041 episode 10 Serious.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 11 Troubled.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 2 (Rewatch) episodes 5-10 & OVA (Complete. A fun second season though I do slightly prefer the first overall.) 4/5

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! - Legend of Crimson (Film)
An enjoyable film outing for the cast which gave some backstory and development for Megumin as well. 4/5

Back