Your viewing journal

Anime I picked up for the Summer Season:
The Duke of Death and His Maid- episode 1 Interesting premise.

Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan-episode 1 Great fun. Love the opening.

The Case Study of Vanitas- episode 1+2 Great character personalities,looks absolutely gorgeous and the music is really nice.Picked up the Manga after seeing the first episode(Just finished volume 2).

Re-Main- episode 1 Great start love the premise.

Higurashi: When They Cry – SOTSU- Episodes 1-3

Peach Boy Riverside- episode 1+2 Interesting and very cute.

Remake Our Life! - episode 1 Pretty good start( Just love Time Travel!) and I got RELIFE vibes from it

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 1 Liking the start of this Isekai. Super hilarious.

and from my watchlist decided to watch and catch up with :
Tokyo Revengers(Sub) episodes 1-13 Must say am hooked and the OP is pretty dang great.

Finished rewatching Weathering With You and rewatched Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame on Blu-ray as well (I think this might have been my first time seeing the whole movie in HD but not 100% sure). Both films hold up very well and the English dub for WWY is excellent :)
Hina's younger brother is kinda like a mini-version of Howl from Howl's Moving Castle without the magic powers and emotional problems 🤣 🤣 🤣
I love THOND and it's just such a dark intense movie, I'm not surprised it was almost rated PG by the MPAA back when ratings like that actually used to mean something, yet honestly there's nothing in it that's "objectionable" in the truest sense IMO as it shows itself to be on the side of right at every turn. I'm always blown away by just how good it is every time I watch it. As for Weathering With You I think it's just as good as Your Name, I love both movies :) Wish i were better at typed/written analyses of stuff like this 😅

Blue Reflection Ray episode 13 Unwavering.

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 2 Play time.

The Case Study of Vanitas episode 2 Seeking.

The Dungeon of Black Company episode 1 Financial woes.

Elemental Gelade episodes 14-20

Last edited:
Zombie Land Saga: Revenge ep5-6

Thus far, I think I've actually enjoyed Revenge more than the first season. While predictable, Tae's episode was great fun in particular.

Life Lessons with Uramichi-Oniisan ep1

This is pretty funny, but I find it a little too relatable. It's like watching scenes from my impending from someone's nervous breakdown.

Getter Robo Arc ep1

While I don't have enough context to really appreciate everything they're doing here, I still enjoyed this. It's a pleasing throwback to old-school mecha anime and the CG is surprisingly good.

Ouran High School Host Club (Japanese audio) - Episodes 24-26 (Completed)

This second half was a lot more intriguing than I had expected, and I guess that's thanks to the Japanese cast. Again nothing wrong with going for the dub, but I felt that the dub at times over-exaggerates the attitude of the characters so it feels off-putting and weird.

The final two episodes does go into serious mode, but I believe they were non-canon to the manga so it makes sense. I also heard that the anime tweaked the order of the source material and changed a lot of things including adding anime-original scenes so if Ouran does get another anime project it'll probably be a Fruits Basket type remake instead.

Overall was a fun watch, but I'm thinking of settling the score to a high 7 than a solid 8. I do recommend the series but it has structural issues at times like background context episodes for characters at the last second which is weird, and the show mainly forgets the whole "Haruhi you're in debt" attitude very quickly so it's like the intro doesn't really matter much until the final episode.

July 9th & 10th.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 7

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 14

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 20

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 9

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 28

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 13 Resolute.

EDENS ZERO Episode 14 Betrayal?

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 2 Misunderstandings.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 2 Appeal.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 13 Reunion.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 15 Fieldwork training.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 2 An Improvised play.

Remake Our Life! Episode 2 Project planning.

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 1 Looks like this could be an intriguing watch.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 36 Excursion.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 2 Recruiting.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 2 Introdutions.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 103 Process.

Remake Our Life! episode 2 Necessary changes.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 2 New friends.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 13 Amusements.

Elemental Gelade episodes 21-26 (Complete. A decent and sometimes humorous watch despite some elements of the story and its conclusion not doing much for me as the second half progressed.) 3/5

Last edited:
Last 2 days:

Peach Boy Riverside eps 1 & 2
Seems like standard fantasy stuff. The characters so far are likeable enough.
It does seem to like a cliffhanger though. Apparently they changed the order of the episodes so these are actually 2 and 3. I did wonder why the events mentioned in the synopsis were missing, these will now be episode 4.

D_Cide Traumerei the Animation ep 1
Seems like a sci-fi/mystery show with similarities to Persona. The cg's not the worst I've seen (at least for the main cast, the people in the background look very stiff) and sort of fits with the video game-y feel to the story.

1m Lives s2 e1
New companion and quest.

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (Japanese audio) - Film

Finally watched the film version of the story. I watched the OVAs first as they were released first, and this theatrical compilation flows very well plus there's some minor new scenes included which blend well with the story.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 207 Support.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 2 Coincidence?

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 2 Don’t stop the dance.

Emma: A Victorian Romance episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was rather enjoyable overall and something different for the anime romance genre - it sets up the second season nicely too.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
I seem to be watching alot of Isseki this season but its already better than the dismal spring season. Couple of non isseki stand out so far

The detective is already dead is an intresting premise and one of the stand out shows so far.

Remake Our Life remi fs me of relife and pet girl, nice to see another show set at uni and not high school for a change

Girlfriend, Girlfriend ep 2 (dropped)
There's fun trash and then there's this. All 3 of the characters are annoying in one way or another especially the male MC and it's full of him and the first girl just yelling and her getting violent. Whereas the second girl is just a completely unbelievable character who is perfect in every way and to do so skipped school to take lessons in cooking and stuff instead so she could ask the MC out, which is just sad.

Villainess s2 e2
Play for today.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 2
Introductions.

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 2
Visitors.

Last edited:
Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 2 Puppetry.

To Your Eternity episode 13 Prisoners.

Emma: A Victorian Romance Season Two episodes 13-24 (Complete. A solid continuation for the story, featuring an often poignant tone. I’m glad I backed the Kickstarter project as it was good to see the series get a Western release.) 4/5

Battle Game in 5 Seconds ep 1
Death game show. Fairly standard set up with some intrigue of the who's behind it and why.

Remake Our Life eps 1 & 2
Seems like a fun cast of characters. The start was a little confusing as I thought it would jump back straight away after the initial intro, but then ended up going forwards in time, I guess it pays off a little as we meet the same woman again when he does jump back.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 1
Seems like it could be quite funny.

Back