Your viewing journal

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 1

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (English Dub) Episode 10 - 11 (Complete)

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 8

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 14

86 EIGHTY-SIX Episode 8

Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Episode 8

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 8

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 9

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Episode 8

EDENS ZERO Episode 8

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 8

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 10

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 9

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 20

SSSS.DYNAZENON Episode 9

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 30

Amon: The Apocalypse of Devilman - Great visuals and cool fights, but more or less an advertisement for the manga. With patchy storytelling and overreliance on shock value, it is not really recommended unless unless you're a completionist.

Getter Robo: Armageddon (dropped) - I tried the first episode, and while the visuals were quite nice, I found it really confusing, as it assumes you've read a few of the manga series to understand the basics. It also has some tired ableist cliches that are very facepalm worthy.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 201 Aspiration.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 9 Desert desperation.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 9 A new tale.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 9 Giant-killing.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 29 Life.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 9 Journey.

Chio’s School Road (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 (Complete. Admittedly on rewatch some of the humour here didn’t quite land as it did on initial viewings/didn’t land on both viewings but this was still a decent comedy overall.) 3.5/5

Apollo 13 (Film)

Demon School Iruma ep1-2

Emma: A Victorian Romance ep3 (English dub)

Oddly, Funimation don't seem to have the Japanese audio for ep3. The English dub is fine, but considering that they apparently went to some trouble over ensuring its authenticity, I find the clipped accents rather forced.

Lupin III: Part 2 (English dub) ep33

A definite highlight of Part 2 so far, this one sticks closely to the familiar formula, but just does everything well, as Lupin and his crew play a pair of wealthy gangsters off against each other at an illegal auction. There's plenty of action, the jokes land, and it finds a neat way to tie it together at the end.

Woefully behind on simulcast stuff now for various reasons.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 9
Preparations.

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 9
There you are.

ODD TAXI ep 9
To action.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 8
Studying and embarrassment.

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 59 Fall.

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (English Dub) Episode 11 - 12 (Complete)

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 59 Forgiveness.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 9 Braids.

MARS RED episode 9 Set stage.

ODDTAXI episode 9 Apology video.

To Your Eternity episode 8 Without the mask.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight episodes 1-12 (Complete. Though a bit predictable story-wise this was a decent series overall.) 3.5/5

Fruits Basket: The Final - Episode 9 - an emotional episode

Boku no Hero Academia - Season 5, Episodes 9 & 10 - training arc continues

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun Season 2 - Episodes 6 & 7 - Royal One!

Finished watching The Magnificent Kotobuki series on Crunchyroll, and really loved the 3D aircraft and dogfights, so now I'm totally looking forward to the movie coming out on Blu-ray in August! I started watching this series earlier in the week, and was enjoying it so much that I showed the neighbor couple a trailer for the series last night when they were over to finish off Bofuri. They were very interested - but now I see my Sentai Blu-ray is subtitle-only, so that will be a no-go for me to show the series to them. The subtitles are very quick and rapid-fire in this one, so they would never be able to keep up. Oh well.
icon_sad.gif

Be warned, anyone who doesn't care for janky CGI and 2D together will not be the least bit interested in watching, so don't bother. But, I loved this series! 8/10

So, lets see... Best Girl in this series for me would be - Zara
Second Best Girl - the aircraft crew chief / maintenance girl, Natsuo - so spunky!

Last edited:
Back Arrow - Episode 20

God Bless Dancouga (Blu-ray)

God Bless has been the only part of the Dancouga franchise that I haven't seen subbed so far, and now I finally get to see a shiny Blu-ray rip of it I can understand! It's pretty basic and just another excuse to role out more Dancouga action but when it's in glossy high quality OVA form (and HD at that) then I'm pretty happy for that excuse :D

Dragon Century - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

A re-watch ahead of a review on the podcast.

Future Police Urashiman - Episodes 13 - 16

I got that from it as well. It's quite jolly, but it's much closer to being a saturday morning cartoon than I'd expected, and I find it difficult not to look at the mechanical designs without thinking about how easy they look to make into toys. I am curious to see that one episode where they went all in on the animation though - by all accounts, it's quite special.

Saturday morning cartoon is exactly what I get as well, and more so than probably any other 80's action anime I've watched so far.

It also has some tired ableist cliches that are very facepalm worthy.
I'm looking at the subtitle caption in the first screencap in your tweet. That is staggeringly ignorant. Wow.

Trying to find it an excuse for it, I looked the OVA up on MAL, expecting it to be from the early Eighties, but it's from the late Nineties!

Not only does that subtitle have the completely misguided idea that autism is something that "develops", it also bizarrely seems to suggest that that wouldn't usually happen until later in life. 🤨❓

What an absolutely extraordinary thing to include in a script. I have a friend who's on the autism spectrum, and I'm pretty sure he'd be rightly bloody horrified by the sentiment being expressed there.

Well done for calling that out. 👍

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 10 A name.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 9 Squabble.

The Slime Diaries episode 9 New flavour.

Chrno Crusade episodes 1-12

I'm watching The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent, and just finished up through Episode 6. I am really enjoying this, as it definitely gives me Snow White with the Red Hair vibes, and that series is a big favorite of mine.

Emma: A Victorian Romance ep3 (English dub)

"Oddly, Funimation don't seem to have the Japanese audio for ep3. The English dub is fine, but considering that they apparently went to some trouble over ensuring its authenticity, I find the clipped accents rather forced."

I'll admit being an american you'd think I wouldn't be able to accurately judge an accent as being authentic or not but having been been exposed to a lot of brits in my life I think they did a damn good job with the dub of Emma.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Japanese) - Episodes 26-47 Complete

I almost don't know what to say now that it's over. It's very much a mixed bag. When it's at its worst, it's painfully boring or annoying but at it's best, it has some of the best storylines in all the Gundam stuff I've seen so far. Solid animation throughout with a really great soundtrack, the tone of the show is what swings around wildly for a massive chunk of the show and while it starts to drop it somewhere after The Phantom Colony episodes, it doesn't really hit its stride until Dublin Afternoon and from there it really goes from strength to strength but the problem is that it takes 33 episodes to gain that traction. Which means a lot of people will probably have called it quits long before reaching the strongest part of the series, sort of even more frustrating is that almost none of the UC stuff after this gives anyone a solid reason to go back and watch if they decide to skip it (like I initially did.)

I enjoyed... some... of my time with ZZ but I'm definitely glad to be done with it now.

Back