Your viewing journal

Over this past week or so, I've watched:

Convenience Store Boyfriends Eps 1-8 pretty good, but frustrating with everyone being so damn shy towards any relationships - typical HS romance anime

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway Eps 6-7 Really liking this one

Lapis Re:LiGHTs Eps 1-4 Too "light" and cutesy, Idols and CGDCT are not for me at all. Dropping this.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Ep 1 Looks promising

El-Hazard The Wanderers Eps 1-6 Slogging through this one, pretty stoopid, just preparing for the OVA Blu-ray release, which looks much better

Redo of Hero (Uncensored) Eps 1-7 With my truck driver drinking buddy, knew he would go for this one, lol!

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Japanese) - Episodes 22-25

We’re definitely getting into the better range of ZZ but god, please save me from Ple. As an enemy, I can stand her being annoying af because well, an antagonist in a show that can actually illicit something from the viewer is a successful one imo but then she had to go and join the Argama gang.

Planetes ep 10

Shadows House eps 6 & 7
Enter the labyrinth.

Vivy ep 9
A little confusing after not concentrating in the last episode, but at least the action was back.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched ep 7
Research.

Cestvs: The Roman Fighter ep 6
The final blow.
The narrator keeps insisting on telling us some facts.

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 7
Emptiness.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 7
Summer festival.

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway Eps 6-7 Really liking this one
I tentatively started watching this, based on some positive reviews. Was hoping more for a nuanced drama akin to After the Rain and overall have not been disappointed either, even if the premise remains far-fetched. Hoping it stays worthwhile and doesn't degenerate into a mess at the end!

86 EIGHTY-SIX episode 7 Dressed in black.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro episode 7 Festival & fireworks.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level episode 7 Dear sister.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 97 Unexpected teamwork.

Shadows House episode 7 Bonding.

Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- episode 9 Broken bridge.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 6 Evil cycle.

Casshan episodes 13-35 (Complete. Though I am grateful that this received a BD release I can’t say I found the series all that memorable overall - Casshern Sins was a better incarnation of this concept and can recommend checking that out.) 2.5/5

86 Eighty Six Episodes 1-5

Midseason start... Well, this is pretty damn good so far

Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Episodes 6 + 7

Lets make a mug Episodes 6 + 7

Koikimo Episode 6

Planetes ep 11

Tokyo Revengers ep 7
Division.

Osamake ep 6
Contest.

Those Snow White Notes ep 8
Motivation.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 8
Sensei's past.

86 ep 7
Remember remember the 25th of August!

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood ep 8
Life is pain.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Short Animation S Short Animation Series Episodes 6 & 7
I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level Episodes 6 & 7
My Hero Academia S5 Episodes 6 & 7
The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episodes 6 & 7
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro Episodes 6 & 7

/umiko

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 200 Binding force.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 8 Party gag.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 8 (Un)lucky leprechauns.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 8 Break it like Bekenbauer.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 19 Price to be paid.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 8 Stress.

Castle Town Dandelion episodes 1-12 (Complete. Though feeling a bit cluttered at times story-wise due to the expansive cast this was still a decent series overall.) 3.5/5

The next door neighbor couple were finally over tonight to watch some anime after a 5 week break, and we had a nice 3+ hour marathon of 9 episodes:

Fractale Eps 9-12 We all almost forgot what the anime was about, after a 5 week hiatus, but those last 3 episodes were really good.

Bofuri Eps 1-6 The neigbors were laughing their butts off with this one... "Acid Rain!!" lol.

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 58 Tragic truths.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 8 Kappa.

MARS RED episode 8 Home.

ODDTAXI episode 8 Record.

To Your Eternity episode 7 Masked determination.

I also watched Castlevania Season 2.

Planetes ep 12

Let's Make a Mug Too ep 8
tenor.gif

ODD TAXI ep 8
A tangled web.

Higehiro ep 8
Summer festival.

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 8
Pouring your heart out.

May 22nd - May 24th.

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 58

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 7

86 EIGHTY-SIX Episode 7

Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Episode 7

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 8

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Episode 7

Dragon Goes House-Hunting Episode 8

Interviews with Monster Girls Episode 4 - 12 + OVA (Complete)

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 7

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 9

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 8

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 29

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 7.
Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier Than Real Life! episodes 1-3.

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 9 Wander.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 8 Into the woods.

The Slime Diaries episode 8 Haul.

Also started watching Castlevania Season 3.

The Day I Became A God-another Jun Maeda series, watched the first 2 episodes and I'm liking it a lot. The english dub is very good. Did a marathon watch-it kept me watching until the last episode-but a quantum computer in Sora's head-come on now!! 8 out a possible 10 points-very good watch.

Last edited:
Future Police Urashiman - Episodes 2 - 12

So far Urashiman has been a very simplistic comedy action show, It's entertaining enough but a dozen episodes in my attention is beginning to wane a little. Urashiman has an avid following and there are hints to other things happening so I'm stick with to see how it plays out.

SSSS.Dynazenon - Episode 8

Thunderbolt Fantasy: Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 8

Cosmic Fantasy

Cosmic fantasy is everything you would expect from an early 90s sci-fi OVA and didn't add anything new to the genre but I did enjoy it though.

Hundred
The first and final acts which focused more on the sci fi setting were great. The middle 2 spent way too much time on harem comedy with annoying side characters.

Black Bullet
This was surprisingly good. Thought it would be a fairly generic action show but it had some really dark and sad moments.

Star Blazers 2202
More space action. Never quite as good as the first season for me. Got a bit bored of everyone arguing over who's turn it was to heroically sacrifice themselves as they couldnt bear to lose anymore people. Seemingly unaware that that sacrifice would just be another loss for those remaining.

Back