Your viewing journal

86 EIGHTY-SIX episode 4 Namesake.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro episode 4 Fun with buns.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level episode 4 Wedding wars.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 94 Something big.

Shadows House episode 4 Phantom living.

Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- episode 6 Song of pain.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 3 Radiant.

Angel Links episodes 1-13 (Complete. A spin-off series of Outlaw Star that felt uneven in tone, especially in terms of the earlier and later parts of the story. The characters also weren’t all that memorable but there were at least some decent action segments here and there.) 2.5/5

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
episodes 1-9

Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 5
Plan of attack.

Those Snow White Notes ep 5
Learning together.

Tokyo Revengers ep 4
Unexpected reunion.

86 ep 4
What's in a name?

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 4
Buns!

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 75 (Complete... for now.)

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (English Dub) Episode 1

86 EIGHTY-SIX Episode 4 Your names are?

Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Episode 4 Objective.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 5 Zipperman.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting Episode 5 Parenting is tough.

EDENS ZERO Episode 4 Android in need.

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 5 Vampire.

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 A sorrowful song.

Dragon Half OVA

snapshot_23.01.835.jpg
snapshot_23.08.709.jpg

Fun fact for those fans of the OVA who have yet to read the manga: This adaptation covers (most of) chapters 1-18 of the manga, which is not even the entire first omnibus volume, so a whopping 47 chapters of extra material exist beyond it.

This is indeed a lot of craziness packed into only two 25 minute episodes. Dragon Half might not be the best animated OVA out there but it sure knows how to have fun with the medium, with the characters popping into various degrees of chibi-ness between shots. It still works perfectly and isn't jarring because it's so off the wall in the first place. It's a story of a teenage girl, her friends and rival and their obsession with a dreamy pop star... who is also a dragon slaying knight and they have gladiatorial arena combat. And they all live in a world of magic, dragons, CD players, airports and apparently, plastic clothes pegs.

snapshot_09.27.274.jpg

With the manga so fresh in my mind, I couldn't help but notice a few changes from the source material, such as while Vina is having her flashback, which she ends in the OVA with "Someone with such a painful past would be perfect for saucer" while the manga goes with the more self-aware sounding "Only a girl with a complex back-story like mine is fit to smooch Saucer!" My Japanese isn't good enough to know whether the subtitle translation is accurate (and I don't have access to the original Japanese manga to check either) but I did spot a few similar occasions and think the manga often had the funnier lines. Also the OVA cut a more lewd continuation of Lufa's questioning Mink's anatomy...

snapshot_21.20.702.jpg

I'm kind of glad I did have the experience of reading the manga chapters first, because it was a treat to see them animated. Also something the OVA has going for it is audible comedy, probably best exemplified by the very funny, very stupid ED song. The VAs obviously had fun as well. Definitely worth 50 minutes of my time, and I'm looking forward to continuing with Dragon Half in paper form.

Gurren Lagann(Dub) episodes 23-27(complete) So badass.Incredibly impressed by this series and what a visual delight. 9/10

Digimon Adventure(1999) Sub(Re-watch)
episodes 33-34 Mischievous Digimon and I found you.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 197 Pieces.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 5 Spies like us.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 5 Papa.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 5 Pure-hearted.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 16 Conspiracy.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 5 Going back.

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest episodes 10-13 & OVAs (Complete. Some interesting set up for the world building that’s mixed in amongst a dosage of edginess and fanservice which gave the series a trashier entertainment factor. The CGI was also some of the worst I’ve ever seen in an anime.) 3/5

Arpeggio of Blue Steel
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A decent Sci-fi military series with a neat premise of sentient warships having AI personalities.) 3.5/5

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episodes 4-5.
Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episodes 3-5.
SSSS.Dynazenon episode 3.
86 episodes 1-2

Nice lazy day for watching lots of anime:

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 4
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Short Animation S Short Animation Series Episode 4
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro Episode 4
I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level Episode 4
My Hero Academia S5 Episodes 3 & 4
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? S3 Episodes 10 - 12

/umiko

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 55

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (English Dub) Episode 9

Nisekoi: False Love Season 2 (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 + OVA (Complete)

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 55 Own path.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 5 Follow.

MARS RED episode 5 Pure.

ODDTAXI episode 5 Footage and faking.

To Your Eternity episode 4 Bound.

As Miss Beelzebub Likes it. episodes 1-12 (Complete. A saccharine-sweet supernatural comedy SoL that mostly entertained due to its laidback nature. I could have done without some of the more questionable character quirks though.) 3/5

Had a lot of time for watching Anime so:

Farewell,My Dear Cramer episode 5

Kabaddi- episode 5

Those Snow White Notes- episode 5

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level-episode 4

86- episode 4

Zombieland Saga: Revenge- episode 4

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season- episode 3

Digimon Adventure(2020)-episode 46

To Your Eternity- episode 4

Fruits Basket The Final- episode 5

Dragon Goes House-Hunting- episode 5

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 - episode 5

Eighty Six ep4

I’ll give it another episode, but I could see myself shelving Eighty Six until it’s all out. It’s fine, but I think my expectations for it were wrong. Given that it’s themed around the idea of war’s true horror being hidden from our view, the action has been surprisingly sanitised and, beat for beat, the character drama has played out more or less exactly as I would have predicted. The new ED theme is a banger though.

SSSS. Dynazenon ep5

Was slightly dreading this one as I’d heard it was the inevitable beach episode, but that was actually quite entertaining. It’s not terribly noticeable a lot of the time, but the show’s music is also rather good.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 5 Appraised and reward.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 5 Festival fun.

Back