Your viewing journal

Don't worry, I'm OK with being wrong and I'm always up for learning! I was only talking of my perception of things, so yeah, if I'm wrong that's OK, too.

Science Saru's adaptation of Eizouken was actually a very interesting watch considering the production side of things. I know it's not a documentary but you get some idea of how things work and you get the feeling some of the situations presented definitely mirror some of the team's/creator's personal experiences.

About Attack on Titan, yeah, that's an infamous production exactly because of the example you mentioned. I remember reading about an episode having a thousand directors too, making the situation untenable in the long term. I think they "dropped" it because they weren't part of the production committee and so weren't getting their fair share of the money generated by the anime.

I'll definitely take the Twitter handles of some of those folks, if they're industry people with public accounts, if you don't mind! The only reason I go on Twitter is that AiR account that breaks anime news and the sakuga gifs account, so at least I would have something more substantial!
While them not having a place on the committee is certainly a factor I hear Studio WIT likely dropped AOT due to it clashing with their vision and more importantly their schedule. I've heard quite a few studios were approached to handle Season 4 but due to the poor schedule many backed out leaving only MAPPA as the one studio reckless enough to take it on. Now released from the pressure of AOT we can expect more creator-driven series like the recent Great Pretender and the upcoming Ousama Ranking.

As for the Twitter folks while most don't work in the industry they do provide good insights on the production of seasonal shows and older series. an always expect a good thread on the staff list as a show gets announced.
Some accounts I follow include
geth (@PurpleGeth)
kViN (@Yuyucow) also runs Sakugablog which sometimes hosts interviews with animators
Blou (@Bloodyredstar)
Canipa (@CanipaShow) also runs the Canipa Effect YouTube channel with videos going behind the scenes on series and studios

Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 4
Nutrition.

Those Snow White Notes ep 4
Connecting the past with the present.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 3
Slap and tickle.

Pretty Boy Detective Club- episode 3 Secret behind the eyes.

Farewell,My Dear Cramer- episode 4- Importance of nutrition.

Digimon Adventure(2020)- episode 45 Racing.

Dragon goes House-hunting- episode 4 Letty’s Training arc Survival.

Nomad : Megalo Box 2- episode 4 A promise.Man this series is beautiful.

Gurren Lagann(Dub)- episode 11-12 Epic drilling.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 196 Harness.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 4 Avenge.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 4 Cold abode.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 4 Nutrition plan.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 15 Rip off.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 4 Don’t back down.

Ai Yori Aoshi episodes 13-24 & Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi episodes 25-26

While them not having a place on the committee is certainly a factor I hear Studio WIT likely dropped AOT due to it clashing with their vision and more importantly their schedule. I've heard quite a few studios were approached to handle Season 4 but due to the poor schedule many backed out leaving only MAPPA as the one studio reckless enough to take it on. Now released from the pressure of AOT we can expect more creator-driven series like the recent Great Pretender and the upcoming Ousama Ranking.

As for the Twitter folks while most don't work in the industry they do provide good insights on the production of seasonal shows and older series. an always expect a good thread on the staff list as a show gets announced.
Some accounts I follow include
geth (@PurpleGeth)
kViN (@Yuyucow) also runs Sakugablog which sometimes hosts interviews with animators
Blou (@Bloodyredstar)
Canipa (@CanipaShow) also runs the Canipa Effect YouTube channel with videos going behind the scenes on series and studios

Yeah, I'd seen the thumbnail for canipa's episode on mappa and what it has become lately somewhere... I just didn't know their name then.

Thanks for the suggestions, as soon as I input the first all the others were suggested by Twitter lol also subscribed to canipa's channel, seems very interesting and I'd already watched part of an AoT animator highlight episode actually.

I was sad about WIT as many others but creator driven stuff is very welcome, at any rate! Gotta get on Great Pretender, too

Attack on Titan: Final Season (English Dub) Episode 74

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (English Dub) Episode 8

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 4 Payback.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting Episode 4 Chilly.

EDENS ZERO Episode 3 Cameos and crashes.

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 4 Burden.

Suka Suka-(no way am I gonna spell the whole name). I rewatched this dubbed and the final episode tears me up every time emotionally.

Spirit Hero Wataru - Episodes 31 - 34

Thunderbolt Fantasy Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 3

A particularly bonkers episode that epitomises why I love Thunderbolt Fantasy

Super High Speed Galvion - Episodes 16 - 22 [Final]

It's a real shame that Galvion was cancelled due it's sponsor going bankrupt, it was getting really good! The fansubber provided some details about what was supposed to happen afterwards in the following episodes and I think it could've been a great series.

SSSS.Dynazenon - Episode 4

I like how Dynazenon is playing out so far, it's like a slow build up to something but the pacing isn't slow at the same time.

Back Arrow - Episode 15

Showing a bit of mid series flab now

Samurai 7

It's a great series and frustratingly under-rated IMO, happy to see someone else enjoy what I think is a bit of a hidden gem.
Ariel OVA 1-2
I thought Ariel might be the type of show you enjoyed Prof, it's pleasingly bonkers imho.

Last edited:
I didn't think DL was all that good...
I'd say that I like it a bit more than it probably merits. I reckon Panty & Stocking to be the superior of the two, but if you weren't keen on Dead Leaves then it may very well not be for you.

Be advised as well that Panty & Stocking ends on a cliffhanger, with no follow-up in sight.

Let's Make a Mug Too ep 4
Replacement.

86 ep 3
Getting to know you.

To Your Eternity ep 3
Bear with it.

Tokyo Revengers ep 3
Beatings and meetings.

Higehiro ep 4
New friend.

ODD TAXI ep 4
Dodo.

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 4
Home is where the heart is.

ODD TAXI -episode 4 Addiction.

To Your Eternity-episode 3 First Words.

Fruits Basket The Final Season- episode 4 Welcome Home.

Gurren Lagann(Dub)- episode 13+14

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 54 Carry that weight.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 4 Bowled over.

MARS RED episode 4 Song.

ODDTAXI episode 4 Dodo.

To Your Eternity episode 3 Customs.

Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi episodes 27-34 & Special (Complete. A decent romance anime with lighter comedy-focused episodes throughout. The main pairing were likeable enough, as were the supporting cast.) 3.5/5

Eighty-Six ep3

Eighty-Six has been a solid series so far, but considering that I thought it might be something a bit special, I think it's yet to do anything that's really wowed me. It has an interesting world and the first few episodes have done a fine job of introducing that, but it's held very few surprises, and the combat, whether by limitation or design, has really been seen only in fleeting glimpses rather than any memorable set piece.

SSSS. Dynazenon ep4

Dynazenon, on the other hand, seems to have picked up somewhat. I'd found the first few episodes a little unengaging, but I think I can appreciate the character development more now that I have a better idea what to expect from the show's setting and pace.

Last edited:
Emma-A Victorian Romance-not my usual cup of tea. I'd stayed away from even considering viewing it but I watched the 1st 2 episodes last night with the excellent english dub-I'm hooked!!

Princess Principal

episodes 1 - 12

A very good series, although not shown in order. I guess the movies I see mentioned on Wikipedia carry on the story?

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 5 To live.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 4 Heal.

The Slime Diaries episode 4 Beachgoers.

Ajin: Demi-Human (Rewatch) episodes 1-13 (Complete. As I finally obtained Season 2 on BD I thought it would be good to revisit the first season. As I said back in 2018 this acts as a solid set up for the next arc and has an engaging enough premise.) 4/5

Back