Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: Final Season (English Dub) Episode 73

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 3 Tower.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting Episode 3 Monster house.

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 3 Rescuer and rescuee.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 195 Memories and vases.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 3 Tower trawling.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 3 Home invaders.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 3 Determination.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 14 Quite an ending.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 3 Hate.

∀ Gundam episodes 35-50 (Complete. A solid Gundam series though with the pacing this story could have been tightened in places. Loran made for a decent protagonist though and I liked the dynamic between Dianna and Kihel throughout.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Ep 2 of Backflip!!
Ep 2 of Zombieland Saga: Revenge
Ep 3 of Burning Kabaddi
Ep 3 of Moriarty the Patriot 2nd season....My name is Bond, James Bond (with an e according to Funimation)

I finally got around to watching Ghost In The Shell-Stand Alone Complex after I got the much maligned US bluray set of it for 18 dollars. I also got SAC 2nd Session bd set for 20 dollars which I'll start right after I finish the last 5 episodes of SAC. I like the series, it's easy to watch 6 or 7 episodes in a row. Funny thing is that I have had the original dvd sets of both series for years but never watched them. Go figure?

Spirit Hero Wataru - Episodes 28 - 30

Thunderbolt Fantasy Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 2

Super High Speed Galvion - Episodes 10 - 15

The first half of Galvion felt a bit by the numbers but it has really shifted a gear in th second half and I am really enjoying it

SSSS.Dynazenon - Episode 3

Back Arrow - Episode 14

Whatever, White Bear

A rewatch of this interesting OVA ahead of a review on the podcast.

Ah that cool puppet animation was called Thuderbolt Fantasy! I'd forgotten the name of it, but I enjoyed the few episodes I saw of it years ago. Definitely want to get into it again.

It's so good, I just love the way it looks and how consistently over the top it is, I would love to own some nice Blu-ray sets of of it.

I agree with you guys on the characters in Wolf's Rain, as I didn't find them endearing nor well developed in general either, but would also still recommend the series on the basis of the lore & Yoko Kanno's fantastic work on the soundtrack.

I've never seen Wolf's Rain and it always feels like something I should've seen by now, I can remember everyone raving about it in the mid 00's but it's interesting to see the mixed responses to it on here. I have the Anime Ltd BD set sat on the shelf that I must get round to at some point and find out for myself as I'm really kind of curious now.

Vampire Hunter D
Solid film. Less action but now character work than Bloodlust. The art was excellent and the animation was mostly good but could be a bit stilted at times. Also the modern dub was excellent.

I love VHD, I can remember the first time I watched back in the mid 90's it blew my mind, looks awesome on Blu-ray as well.

@orgun
Definitely give Wolf's Rain a watch, Orgun. Would be interesting to hear you're thoughts. Personally I'm in the love it camp. It's been years since I've seen it of course so could do with a rewatch, but I really enjoyed it and thought the concept, imaginative fantasy world, atmosphere, story and artwork were all top notch. And of course the phenomenal soundtrack, which is perhaps the ingredient that pulls it all together and made it so memorable for me. I still get big "feels" listening to that soundtrack.

While I started the whole discussion on Wolf's Rain and I stick to my first opinion, I agree that everyone interested should watch it and judge it for themselves. It's not a terrible show by any means as it had a lot of positives such as the soundtrack and the world building, so I wouldn't even call it a waste of time just to check it out. I just didn't like it personally for the reasons previously mentioned and I found myself not caring if the characters succeeded or failed. But just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't either.

Let's Make a Mug Too ep 3

To Your Eternity ep 2
Another annoyingly naive kid and the MC still hasn't said a word. I remembering why I dropped the manga.

Megalo Box NOMAD ep 3
This on the other hand is excellent. The first season was good, but pretty formulaic, but this is exploring quite a lot of different and difficult topics really well so far.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 e3
This has been a pretty interesting take on the Sherlock Holmes franchise, but LOL at the ending of this episode, as they pick a new name for Irene, James Bond (or Bonde as the subtitles put it)! 🤣

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 53 Hello Goodbye.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 3 Serious.

MARS RED episode 3 Farewells.

ODDTAXI episode 3 Capoeira.

To Your Eternity episode 2 Sacrifice.

Ah My Buddha!! episodes 1-12 & Special

Last edited:
Farewell,My Dear Cramer- episode 3

Digimon Adventure(2020)- episode 44

Yashahime- episodes 16-24(COMPLETE)- In the end enjoyed this not the best ,was hovering around a 6 and 7 for me but overall 7/10.

Odd Taxi-
episode 3

To Your Eternity- episode 2 Cute.

Higehiro ep 3
Jealousy.
It's a bit weird that whilst he's pointing out to her that he doesn't particularly find her sexually attractive that the camera lingers on her panties not once, but twice, front and back!

ODD TAXI ep 3
Threat.

Vivy ep 4
Burning up.

MARS RED ep 3
Ghostly visit.
Not much happened in this episode, still not sure about this show.

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood ep 4
Quick turn around.
Her revenge seems to have come a bit too quick!

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 3
End of the school year and yet another backstory about having s**ty parents. The auther must have had a terrible upbringing! I think out of the vast array of characters only 2 I can think of had decent parents, Hanajima, and of course Tohru and even then her mother was a on her own, and then of course she died and then the rest of the family, apart from the grandfather, acted poorly towards Tohru! As this has gotten darker with all these terrible stories about terrible parents it's just gotten less fun and repetitive and for me poorer for it.

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 4 Reinvigorate.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 3 Appraise.

The Slime Diaries episode 3 Feel like summer.

Ah My Buddha!! Katsu episodes 14-25 & Special (Complete. A fanservice-laden supernatural comedy that was hit and miss in execution but had some decent premises here and there.) 2.5/5

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 53 Greeting Farewell.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 3 Gifts.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 3 Beat the heat.

Eighty-Six ep2

Odd Taxi ep3

The talking animal show is my favourite thing this season and not the one about the spider mechs in retro future mittleuropa, what even is this timeline?

Back Arrow ep10

Kind of tempted to shelve Back Arrow for now; I’ve definitely found the not-Europe parts a lot less interesting than not-China.

Back Arrow ep10

Kind of tempted to shelve Back Arrow for now; I’ve definitely found the not-Europe parts a lot less interesting than not-China.

I have to admit that now I've watched episode 15 it does feel like it's got into the mid series flab, I'm going to see it through, but not holding my breath that Back Arrow is going to end up anything more than mediocre to average at best.

While I started the whole discussion on Wolf's Rain and I stick to my first opinion, I agree that everyone interested should watch it and judge it for themselves. It's not a terrible show by any means as it had a lot of positives such as the soundtrack and the world building, so I wouldn't even call it a waste of time just to check it out. I just didn't like it personally for the reasons previously mentioned and I found myself not caring if the characters succeeded or failed. But just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't either.

I've found the range of opinions really interesting as I haven't seen a lot negative comments about Wolf's Rain before as I've always seen it held up as this really standout show from the early 00's with a Yoko Kanno soundtrack. As I said previously really curious to watch it now and definitely must watch it this year.

Samurai 7
Put my thoughts in the rate anime thread but I really enjoyed this.

And some live action stuff
Samurai Warriors
Mostly comedic until the final part which gets serious. Youths fight for "control" of the local villages until things get out of hand.

Parasite
Somehow hadn't seen this until now (got the box set of a bunch of his films). Very very good film. Absolutely mad and unexpected.

Tokyo Ghoul
Saw this back in the cinema but as Screen Anime announced the sequel for next month and it was cheap in the recent sale have given it another watch. Actually enjoyed it a lot more this time round, probably as I'm more removed from the anime now. The performances are really good.

Ascendance of a Bookworm eps 1-9 - This one is somewhat interesting, although I don't really care for the MC being only 5 to 7 years old. If she was a much older character I would consider buying the series, but as of right now I'm not really sure it's got enough going for it for me to bother. It will depend on the rest of the series.

Back