Your viewing journal

Deca Dence episodes 8-12 (Complete)

Dr Stone: Stone Wars
episode 6

My Hero Academia Season 5 episode 3

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episodes 8-11

The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 episodes 3-4

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 3 No time for a coffin.

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 2 A brand new friend.

The Slime Diaries episode 2 Farm life.

Africa Salaryman (Rewatch) episodes 10-12 (Complete. Despite the often janky animation this was still a very fun series, thanks largely to the banter between the characters and the presence of the obnoxious yet amusing Toucan whose actions usually resulted in some humorous karma.) 3.5/5

Aggretsuko
episodes 1-10 (Complete. A decent start for the series, I had tried the first episode but not watched any further but this time I found myself enjoying the series more, though the death metal gimmick wore a bit thin at times. Onto the other seasons.) 3.5/5

Digimon Adventure(2020)- episodes 40-43 Quite enjoyed this batch of episodes.
43 was pretty hilarious,Mimi and Palmon have some of the best episodes 😆.

Fruits Basket Season 2 - episodes 1-2

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 52 For eternity.

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (English Dub) Episode 6

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 2 A new friend.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 2 Farming.

Wolf's Rain 1-18

This is a difficult one. I'm struggling to motivate myself to watch the next episode and I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong. I've been forcing myself to watch it up until a few weeks ago when I just stopped just to get it off my back log. Perhaps the grimdark super seriousness is too overbearing? Perhaps the characters are dull and unmotivated? It has an interesting story though, but I also don't really care how it might end. When I compare it to a show I do enjoy let's say Made in Abyss, it's also serious as well but it also has some fun adventure elements, and mystery and the characters aren't overly angsty. Is that the reason?

After giving it this much thought and how much I have been delaying the next episode I might do myself a favour and drop this so I can move onto something I might enjoy more.
I quit with one episode to go... I wish I’d have quit sooner. Just wasn’t for me

Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Sh*ttier than Real Life! episode 2 The fugitive.

Hetalia World★Stars episode 3 Hyphen.

Super Cub episode 2 Another Super Cub fan.

Aggretsuko 2nd season episodes 11-20 (Complete. A decent follow-up season which incorporated new characters in Retsuko’s life, for better and for worse.) 3.5/5

Aggretsuko 3rd Season
episodes 21-25

Super Cub episode 1
Been hyped for this one ever since I saw Toshiro Fujii's work on 18if episode 3. Fantastic start to the series with a melancholic atmosphere built through great use of sound and colour. Kogumo is too good for this world.

SSSS.DYNAZENON episode 1
Immediately separating itself from it's predecessor through a new acronym, SSSS.Dynazenon delivers on a mysterious first episode. Will be interesting to see how this develops compared to SSSS.Gridman.

Way of the Househusband ep1-3

The lack of animation didn't bother me as much as I know it has done some folk. It would be nice if there were more movement, but I don't think it hurts the show unduly - the considerable charm of the material is still very much evident. I'm not sure how much mileage there is in the central conceit, but I'd happily take a season of this.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep1

Having read some of the manga, I knew what to expect, so wasn't particularly bothered by the bullying aspect, although it does feel a lot more discomforting to see it play out in real time, as opposed to in book form where you can breeze through it quickly. That aside, I also think Nagatoro's power kick doesn't look as impressive in anime form, it seemed more dynamic in the manga.

Pink - Thieves of Water, Thieves of Rain (1990)

A well animated short based on an Akira Toriyama one-shot manga, I think this was originally shown on a double bill with one of the DBZ movies. Set in a drought-ridden desert land, it follows a young girl who steals water from the local shady syndicate who sell it to the locals at inflated prices. There's not a lot to it really, but the art design is particularly nice, making good use of Toriyama's trademark elaborate vehicles and presenting an impressive sense of scale in its Mad Max style desert. Having seen the source manga for comparison, however, I'm not sure how to feel about the changes that were made for the anime, most notably Pink being de-aged in a presumable attempt to make the story seem more cute and family friendly. It still works, but her actions seem to make more sense for an older teen or young adult, rather than a child.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 30

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Episode 2 On the run.

Godzilla: Singular Point Episode 3 Swarm.

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose Episode 1 Broken heart.

Super Cub Episode 2 A fellow cub enthusiast.

Osamake: Romcom Where the Childhood Friend Won't Lose ep 1
Guilty!
Had some funny moments, but the concept of getting revenge on a girl you occasionally talk to, but otherwise is way out of your league just because she got a boyfriend is just weird, especially when your cute childhood friend is practically throwing herself at you. Hardly the worst "consolation prize"

CESTVS -The Roman Fighter- ep 1
Hajime no Gladiator.
Art and animation are a little janky, but the story seems quite interesting.

Koikimo ep 3 (dropped)
I don't think I care enough to continue and there's 4 other romance shows this season so it feels a bit like overkill.

Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood ep 3
It's a trap!

Higehiro ep 2
Hard work and communication.

Zombie Land Saga: Revenge ep 2
Radio Ga Ga.
The OP is yet another instant classic just like first season's.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 e2
Masquerade.

Super Cub ep 2
Ooh, bike friend.
If this was any more laid back it would be horizontal.
For some reason Funimation, on the PS4, only had it at 540p! So I had to watch it "elsewhere"

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 2 Never to get older.

Aggretsuko 3rd Season episodes 26-30 (Complete. A change of pace due to the idol storyline which took some dark turns. Curious to see what’ll happen in season four.) 3.5/5

A Good Librarian like a Good Shepard
episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (Japanese) - Episodes 5-8

They’re finally leaving Shangri-La. The tone of this is definitely massively different from Zeta but I think with the reputation ZZ has, I was expecting it to be way more slapstick and too light hearted. I’m not hating it as much as I expected and hopefully now that it feels like the show is finally moving I might start to really enjoy it.

Can’t bear the OP at all tho but the ED is pretty good.

Back