Your viewing journal

Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 2
First match.

Tokyo Revengers ep 1
Back to the Future.
Looks like it could be interesting.

Blue Reflection Ray ep 1 (dropped)
Nope. Characters are a bit dull/one note. Art and animation are poor. Plot seems to be generic magical girl with dark twist. Also found out it's a game adaptation which doesn't bode well either and a 2-cour one at that, so I think I'll cut my losses!

Shadows House ep 1
Got myself a cryin', talkin'
Sleepin', walkin', livin' doll
A little odd, but I'm intrigued enough to continue.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 194 Backdoor brawl.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! episode 2 Curses.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting episode 2 Houses of traps and spirits.

Farewell, My Dear Cramer episode 2 Coach.

Moriarty The Patriot 2nd Cour episode 13 Documents.

Nomad: Megalo Box 2 episode 2 The meaning of home.

Actually, I Am... episodes 1-13 (Complete. A supernatural comedy with an eclectic array of characters and a decent central pairing. The style of humour could sometimes be a bit hit-and-miss but otherwise this was a fun watch.) 3.5/5

Eighty Six ep1

I had very little idea what to expect from 86, beyond the fact that it may well be The Next Big Thing, and does not involve a certain driftable Toyota, but this was right up my alley. It would have been nice to see more of the mecha in action, but I like the general aesthetic of the show and how it feels very of the now, with its apparent musing on proxy wars and propaganda.

Dynazenon ep2

The mech is great, I still have no idea what is going on. Give more.

Vlad Love ep9

Dr. Chihiro’s episode telling you both everything and nothing about her, while Oshii reads to us from his film studies textbook, feels very on brand. I still want to know why that one girl appears to be carrying a petrol can around with her all the time though.

Royal Space Force
Pretty good film with a fantastic production but the story definitely has its highs and lows (a particular scene absent from Manga's release comes to mind) as well as a nonsensical ending. Still great to see some of Gainax's earlier work.

April 10th - 12th.

Attack on Titan: Final Season (English Dub) Episode 72

Horimiya (English Dub) Episode 9

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (English Dub) Episode 7

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 1

86 EIGHTY-SIX Episode 1 Warzone.

Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! Episode 1 Olympics in space.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! Episode 2 Double edged curse.

Dragon Goes House-Hunting Episode 2 Booby traps and ghosts.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level Episode 1 No longer the quite life.

Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Episode 1 Tanned tormentor.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 3 Mock training.

Seven Knights Revolution - Hero Successor Episode 2 Reason to protect.

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 3 Crashing fall.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - Bewitching Melody of the West

Watched this prequel film in preparation of...

Thunderbolt Fantasy Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 1

I have been looking forward to the return of Thunderbolt Fantasy and it didn't disappoint.

Super High Speed Galvion - Episodes 7 - 9

Spirit Hero Wataru - Episodes 26 & 27

SSSS.Dynazenon - Episode 2

Ah that cool puppet animation was called Thuderbolt Fantasy! I'd forgotten the name of it, but I enjoyed the few episodes I saw of it years ago. Definitely want to get into it again.
I actually just posted up a humorous crossover video last week for Thunderbolt Fantasy x Fate Grand Order that Pili Studio put out for April Fool's day, over in the General anime Thoughts/Discussion thread:

Thunderbolt Fantasy x Fate Grand Order crossover video

I so hope we get some English-subbed Blu-rays of all the seasons for TF sometime in the future, I'd snatch them up in a heatbeat! Season 3 is coming out later this year, I believe.

Last edited:
The Neighbor couple and my mother were in my theater last night to watch the Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll movie uo on the big screen. My mother said she liked it more than the regular series, but I had to disagree with her, lol.

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 52 Eternity.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 2 Solving mysteries.

MARS RED episode 2 Only options.

ODDTAXI episode 2 Admiration and idols.

To Your Eternity episode 1 A poignant start.

Africa Salaryman (Rewatch) episodes 1-9

Gurren Lagann eps 13-15

To Your Eternity ep 1
I read the first 2 volumes of the manga and knew what was going to happen and unfortunately they didn't speed things up, so we ended up with an entity becoming a rock and then a dog and then it follows an annoyingly innocent kid around and then at the end becomes the kid when he dies. Boring!
At least it was nice to look at, apart from the dogs protruding teeth which were in the wrong place if they were supposed to be it's canines! And thus looked stupid. I'm still a bit curious about what happens beyond where I stopped in the manga (not enough to keep going with the manga though), so will probably keep going with it for now.

ODD TAXI ep 2
Do you feel lucky?

Fruits Basket Final Season ep 2
Waiting for you.

Let's Make a Mug Too ep 2
Ceramics everywhere.

I've been watching the new spring shows and so far the only one that I've had any real interest in is Vivy-Fluorite Eye's Song.

Farewell ,my dear Cramer- episode 2 Animation felt a bit stiff and ain’t really fond of the OST here .
Interesting differences to the Manga (read first two volumes) think I prefer the Manga here.Though will probably keeping watching the Anime as well.

Dragon goes House-Hunting- episode 2 Adorable.

Odd Taxi- episode 2

NOMAD: Megalo Box 2- episode 2 Stunning really enjoying this and the character interactions.

To your Eternity- episode 1 My heart the feels.
Read the first volume of the Manga earlier and the Anime has done it beautifully
.The Music was wonderful.

Farewell ,my dear Cramer- episode 2 Animation felt a bit stiff and ain’t really fond of the OST here .
Interesting differences to the Manga (read first two volumes) think I prefer the Manga here.Though will probably keeping watching the Anime as well.
Considering how the first episode had 3 chief animation directors and 13 animation directors I doubt we'll see any improvement. It's quite the production disaster.

Wolf's Rain 1-18

This is a difficult one. I'm struggling to motivate myself to watch the next episode and I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong. I've been forcing myself to watch it up until a few weeks ago when I just stopped just to get it off my back log. Perhaps the grimdark super seriousness is too overbearing? Perhaps the characters are dull and unmotivated? It has an interesting story though, but I also don't really care how it might end. When I compare it to a show I do enjoy let's say Made in Abyss, it's also serious as well but it also has some fun adventure elements, and mystery and the characters aren't overly angsty. Is that the reason?

After giving it this much thought and how much I have been delaying the next episode I might do myself a favour and drop this so I can move onto something I might enjoy more.

Back