Your viewing journal

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 1 Setting the stage for a new season.

.Hack//Legend of the Twilight episodes 4-12 (Complete. A bit of a step down from //Sign, losing much of the atmosphere in favour of a more adventure-comedy approach. The adventure itself was okay to watch but didn’t carry as much intrigue.) 3/5

.Hack//Roots
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
Super Cub ep 1
Was not expecting that. Thought it'd be the usual CGDCT show with club shenanigans, but it was quite peaceful and the MC is quiet and shy. I feel that the interaction with the bike shop owner is probably the most she's had for a while, but looking at the key art there are some friends on the horizon.

Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song eps 1 & 2
To prevent a future apocalypse where AIs and humans have a war (that old sci-fi chestnut), a program is sent back in time to help the only AI (the titular Vivy) that can be used, for reasons! Only problem is she's an AI whose only mission is to sing.
I found it quite interesting so far and the banter between the program and Vivy is fun, although the program has moments where he's a bit of a motormouth which is hard to follow.
Also there's one bit at the end of episode 2 where you think it's closing out and then boom new scene without any context that probably could have been placed at the start of the 3rd episode. Hope it's a one off.

Moriarty the Patriot s2 e1
Prima Donna.

Zombie Land Saga: Revenge ep 1
Blood on the Dance Floor

Just realised I forgot to post the simulwatch episodes yesterday:
Gurren Lagann eps 10-12

Finished off the second half of Violet Evergarden, episodes 8-13 + OVA, with the neighbor couple and my mother. This was a first-time viewing for only the neighbor guy, who thouht it was very good. It had been so long since the girl and my mother saw the series, they didn't remember a lot of the details from the episodes, so they enjoyed it just as much this second time through.

The Way of the Househusband eps 1-5 (complete)
A quite funny series of half length episodes with each episode consisting of a number of short skits. I thought maybe each represented an expanded 4-koma panel, but seems the source is a manga so I'm guessing each one is a chapter.
Unfortunately there is barely any animation whatsoever (apparently manga readers are miffed, when are they not!?) which is a shame and with a second part announced you wonder why they wouldn't wait, seems it would hardly take any time to knock up episodes quickly in this style!
6/10

The Way of the Househusband eps 1-5 (complete)
A quite funny series of half length episodes with each episode consisting of a number of short skits. I thought maybe each represented an expanded 4-koma panel, but seems the source is a manga so I'm guessing each one is a chapter.
Unfortunately there is barely any animation whatsoever (apparently manga readers are miffed, when are they not!?) which is a shame and with a second part announced you wonder why they wouldn't wait, seems it would hardly take any time to knock up episodes quickly in this style!
6/10
You say that but the director has expressed how difficult it was working on a series with the instruction of not animating anything. Considering their whole industry is based on making things move I'm not surprised that they had trouble trying to make it work. Just another case of producers forcing stupid decisions on the studio.

Yeah I read that, although

It was the same combo with Back Street Girls, producer and director, which was a similar style IIRC, so she has had experience of working with those conditions.
Ah I wasn't aware of that. I imagine it must've been pretty difficult trying to direct that show as well then.

Ah I wasn't aware of that. I imagine it must've been pretty difficult trying to direct that show as well then.
Yeah, I'm trying to remember whether that came out in 2 parts or not (I don't think watched it straight away). It does seem to be Netflix's MO on a lot of their shows it just seemed to be especially strange when the episodes weren't that long. Pretty sure they didn't do that with Aggretsuko which equally has short episodes.
I suppose COVID might've had something to do with it.

April 8th & 9th.

Adachi and Shimamura (English Dub) Episode 8

Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki (English Dub) Episode 3

Cells at Work: CODE BLACK (English Dub) Episode 5

Dr. STONE: Stone Wars (English Dub) Episode 6

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 8

The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter (English Dub) Episode 7

The Quintessential Quintuplets II (English Dub) Episode 3 - 4

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 1 An intriguing first episode.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω Episode 1 Mistaken identity.

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 13

SSSS.Dynazenon Episode 2 Training.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Opening act for a new season.

Ep 1 of Bakuten!! (or Backflip!! as its called on CR)
Ep 1 Zombie Land Saga Revenge...i only like this anime because of Tatsumi...or should i say Miyano Mamoru
Ep 2 of Hetalia World Stars

Back Arrow episode 14 To heal.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 1 I’ll give this series a few episodes to see where it goes.

Burning Kabaddi episode 2 Kabaddi shoes.

So I'm a Spider, So What? episode 13 Sibling Rivalry.

SSSS.DYNAZENON episode 2 Like before.

The World Ends with You The Animation episode 1 Curious to see how this adaptation will be quality-wise.

Those Snow White Notes episode 2 Duets.

.Hack//Roots episodes 5-20

Those Snow White Notes ep 2
Brothers melody.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro ep 1
First part wasn't quite as bad as I remember in terms of the bullying, second part came close. Maybe because I know it gets better later that I can look past it.
Plus Nagatoro-san has some great expressions:
PS_App_20210410_081552.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081558.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081603.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081609.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081614.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081621.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081627.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081631.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081636.jpeg
PS_App_20210410_081643.jpeg

86 ep 1
Not too much to go on. I'm guessing the 2 groups have been lied to about the situation.

Today:
Burning Kabaddi-
episode 2 Absolutely lovin it.

Those Snow White Notes- Episode 2 Lovely music.

Odd Taxi- Episode 1 interested to see how this is going to go.That OP fantastic.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level - Episode 1 Enjoyed this a lot.Very cute.

86- episode 1 Interesting.

Zombieland Saga: Revenge- episode 1 Oh yes! Been waiting for this and it didn’t disappoint.

Pretty Boy Detective Club- Episode 1 Very pretty and dem Ouran High School Host Club vibes.

The World Ends With You The Animation- Episode 1 Have not played the game in its entirety but this was nice seeing the artstyle matching the game.

86 EIGHTY-SIX episode 1 War and conflict abound.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro episode 1 Not sure what to make of this so far but Sumire Uesaka is having fun with the Role.

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level episode 1 So much for a quiet life.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 91 More training battles.

Shadows House episode 1 Quite an interesting concept so far.

Vivy -Fluorite Eye’s Song- episode 3 Crash.

.Hack//Roots episodes 21-26 (Complete. Whilst slightly better than LotT the overall story began to lack for me in the second half as the mystery of the PK and Haseo’s development felt drawn out. That said, the world and the side characters were still decent.) 3/5

.Hack//G.U. Trilogy (Film)
This offered some answers to the events of Roots but needed to be longer in order to properly capture the narrative of the games it’s based upon. As is, it just felt like a rushed adaptation overall and lacked any impact for the most part. 2/5

A Centaur’s Life (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12 (Complete. This is still a very solid SoL with some nice mythology built into the story to add some world building as well as some poignant moments/episodes. The last episode threw me off with the first segment though.) 4/5

Started both I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (henceforth referred to as Slime 300) and Let's Make a Mug Too. Really enjoyed the Slime 300 light novels and this is shaping up to be a great adaptation especially with Aoi Yuki voicing Azusa. Let's Make a Mug Too had a pretty interesting premier with it finding a nice balance between the cute and more serious content.

Also rewatched Fate/Apocrypha episode 22 now that I have the Blu-ray. Still an incredible part of anime history with such an all star line up of freelance animators led by the great Hakuyu Go. Since it's been a while I'll probably give the whole series a rewatch soon.

Last edited:
Farewell, My Dear Cramer ep 2
First match.

Tokyo Revengers ep 1
Back to the Future.
Looks like it could be interesting.

Blue Reflection Ray ep 1 (dropped)
Nope. Characters are a bit dull/one note. Art and animation are poor. Plot seems to be generic magical girl with dark twist. Also found out it's a game adaptation which doesn't bode well either and a 2-cour one at that, so I think I'll cut my losses!

Shadows House ep 1
Got myself a cryin', talkin'
Sleepin', walkin', livin' doll
A little odd, but I'm intrigued enough to continue.

Back