Your viewing journal

TBH I just came here again to say that I can't get over how adorably precious CCS is it's just SO CUTE OMG I love Tomoyo in particular she's just so awesome. It gives me such a warm happy feeling when I'm watching it ^u^ <3 I'm on episode 65 now :)

The Promised Neverland s2 e6
Difference of opinion.
The recap didn't work for whatever reason, but no biggie there wasn't that much to remember from the 5 episodes so far.

Cells at Work s2 e7
Secret weapon.

Kemono Jihen ep 6
Home truths.

Cells at Work BLACK ep 9
Overworked.

Otherside Picnic ep 8
Ninja cats.

Horimiya ep 7
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Highschool DxD season 1
Boobs and fighting.
Highschool DxD New
2 Boobs 2 Fighting

Highschool DxD Born
Boobs and Fighting: Civil War

Highschool DxD Hero
Live Boobs or Fight Hard

Ridiculous show but a lot of fun. The rude pun game of the dub repeatedly had me chuckling.

I also rate purely based on my how I feel about something rather than my actual critical evaluation of it
I like that. I don't think I have any one set way to rate stuff on MAL; I just base it the "good", "very good", "great" descriptions that go alongside the numbers.

The only vaguely interesting quirk of my own ratings that I can think of off the top of my head is, coincidentally, to do with Anthem of the Heart. I used to have it one mark higher than I do now so as to have it rated slightly above A Silent Voice*, with which it found itself often being compared. I realised how kind of irrelevant that comparison was in the end, though, and just put them on the same mark, 9 out of 10.

*@WMD might have something to say about that. 😬

I really enjoy Jonathan Clements work, I also own his Anime: A History book
Wow, you too? 😯
I've got that book as well.

I've only read it the once, but I'd need to revisit it since there's so much to take in. It's fantastically well researched.

I like Clements' writing a lot, including his articles in NEO magazine. He's really good at reading between the lines of something that an industry figure has said or written to get to the core of what they really mean by it.

His commentary tracks on some of Manga's old DVD releases are great too.

I'll need to read the booklet that comes with the collector's edition to see if there's any clarification on it.
This is terrible, but I've read that booklet and have no recall of the contents. I'll need to take another look at it.

Hortensia SAGA episode 8 Reveal.

Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round Table episode 7 The puppet show continues.

Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 episode 46 Lies into wishes.

The Law of Ueki episodes 40-51 (Complete. A decent though unremarkable action-orientated series. Having it all on one disc was handy too.) 3.5/5

City Hunter ep14-16 (rewatch)

The stereotype ‘otaku’ style members of Chiemi the stewardess’s fan club seem to have very specific designs - I wonder if they were modelled on particular Sunrise animators, or maybe even art assistants in Tsukasa Hojo‘s studio.

The Great Pretender S2 ep1-5 (dub)

The kidnapping of a princess in the UAE sure became uncomfortably relevant, jeez.

High Rise Invasion (dub) eps 1-6
A survival game isekai with plenty of gore and questionable fanservice (like sexual assault and panty shots at nearly every opportunity!)
There's a fairly interesting central mystery as to the why of it all and most of the central characters are fun/interesting. The production side is so so, but there's some good action in it.

Dr. Stone s2 e7
Recruitment drive.

Heaven's Design Team ep 8
Ribs and courtship.

Heya Camp special
An episode which is a mix of the usual fun and an extended advert as Rin goes solo camping and enjoys a sauna and some tempura on the way whilst to her destination on a loaner bike that just happens to be a real product.
One thing I noticed is that Rin's hair is short which means that it's not during the events of the main series.

Yuru Camp△ s2 e8
Solo camping.

The Quintessential Quintuplets s2 e8
Spot the difference.

Mysteria friends - I like my slice of life so wanted to see if I could be tempted to get the AoL discount on the collector's edition. Watched on crunchyroll and did enjoy it; felt it was reminiscent of Kyoani productions, great background art, atmosphere and music. But I'll wait for a slimmer & ?cheaper standard edition if one is released.

Anthem of the heart - a re-watch to also see if I would be tempted to get one of the low stock zaavi CEs on alltheanime and this one I did buy. I see lots of others here commenting on this one and like Neil.T this went up in my estimations on second watch (was actually below other Okada-penned works for me previously but now in line with others). And you can't go wrong with a soundtrack from the dude who did the fantastic Your Lie in April's after all.

Also amusing to see a more realistic & relatively drab looking high school setting of Anthem compared to the gorgeous fantasy high school setting of Mysteria one after the other heh.

Mysteria friends - I like my slice of life so wanted to see if I could be tempted to get the AoL discount on the collector's edition. Watched on crunchyroll and did enjoy it; felt it was reminiscent of Kyoani productions, great background art, atmosphere and music. But I'll wait for a slimmer & ?cheaper standard edition if one is released.

Anthem of the heart - a re-watch to also see if I would be tempted to get one of the low stock zaavi CEs on alltheanime and this one I did buy. I see lots of others here commenting on this one and like Neil.T this went up in my estimations on second watch (was actually below other Okada-penned works for me previously but now in line with others). And you can't go wrong with a soundtrack from the dude who did the fantastic Your Lie in April's after all.

Also amusing to see a more realistic & relatively drab looking high school setting of Anthem compared to the gorgeous fantasy high school setting of Mysteria one after the other heh.
There is a standard edition of Mysteria friends, but with the current Deal of the week the collectors edition is actually cheaper than the standard edition.

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK episode 10 Work hard.

Cells at Work! 2nd Season episode 8 Good bacteria (Complete. A shorter but still enjoyable sequel series, complete with a set of nyuu-spouting bacteria for good measure.) 3.5/5

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars
episode 7 Come together.

Heaven's Design Team episode 8 Ribs.

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 21 Rejection.

The Promised Neverland 2nd Season episode 19 Conflict of interest.

Yuru Camp△ 2nd Season episode 8 Roast.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Rewatch+chronological order) episodes 1-11

Having almost finished CCS, I took a detour to watch my Welcome to the Ballroom Part 1 CE. I really enjoyed it and it reminded me somewhat of Nodame Cantabile, I have now purchased the second half :)

Cells at Work!! 2nd Season Episode 8 A climactic finale. (Complete. Another engagingly fun season of factual human body anatomy edutainment, just a shame this season was a bit short. I'll be looking forward to seeing what the film has in store.) 3.5/5

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK Episode 10 Overworking.

Dr. STONE: Stone Wars Episode 7 New recruits.

The Promised Neverland Season 2 Episode 7 Opposing interests.

The Quintessential Quintuplets II Episode 8 Who's who?

Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 8 First solo camp.

Back