Your viewing journal

Thanks Normanic, great to hear the second season is even better - I bought both seasons on Blu-ray during the Holiday sales at Rightstuf and Funimation. They were in two of my orders that took so long to get to me due to holiday shipping delays, so I just received them a few weeks ago.

Otherside Picnic episode 7 Unorthodox beach episode.

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved into a Starter Town? episode 7 Hotel hijinks.

True Cooking Master Boy 2nd Season episode 18 Rival.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 episode 7 Villain.

The Helpful Fox Senko-San episodes 1-12 (Complete. Very comfy SoL viewing - not much to add really it was a relaxing watch outside of the final episode’s more solemn moments.) 3.5/5

The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Rewatch)
episode 1

Bodacious Space Pirates 4-6 The recent episode was a lot more entertaining. I guess this is one of those shows with a slow start. Though it hasn't escaped me that Marika is now the captain of the pirate ship in the same way Kirk became the captain of the Enterprise in the movie timeline "welp the captain just died so let's have the spunky ensign take over."

Non Non Biyori Nonstop Ep.6-relaxing as always but it might be my imagination but it seems to me that this season lacks some of the charm and bravado that made seasons 1 & 2 so enjoyable. It's not that Nonstop isn't enjoyable, it's still better than 99% of the SOL out there.

Azur Lane: Slow Ahead! Episode 6

Otherside Picnic Episode 7

Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town Episode 7

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 Episode 7

Finished Kono Oto Tomare! Season 1 tonight with my mother, Episodes 8-13. Wow, Chika's Aunt he lives with is really hot, I definitely found my waifu for this series, lol! Looking forward to starting Season 2 sometime later this week.

The neighbor couple will be coming over one evening to finish the last 6 episodes of El Cazador de la Bruja, as well.

Hokuto no Ken - Episodes 73 - 80

Through these episodes Part 3 has concluded which was another fantastic story arc and currently the show is going on a run of recap episodes of the South Star fighters.

MAZE: The Mega-Burst Space - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

This OVA fits a lot in it's 2 episodes and has to be said is all over the place tonally, but I liked the way it looked, it did make me laugh and I did quite enjoy it overall.

Back Arrow - Episode 5

You pretty much had the same criticism I had with regards to the film - the idea of the story being told through reality and fiction was quite messy throughout so there were many moments where I wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen main story-wise or not.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who this way about Millennium Actress (it feels impossible to critise a Konfilm most of the time), I've seen it twice and it just didn't it hold together as film.

New Gall Force

If you enjoyed this and haven't seen the original Film/OVAs then I can highly recommend them. I started on a few of those Collection Titles years ago, must get round to finishing them off.

Gundam Reconguista in G (Japanese) - Episodes 18-26 Complete

Yeah, it's a complete car crash of a show in the end, there was lots I liked about it, had an 80s feel that felt nostagic but the story was a complete mess and incomprehensible most of the time.

Attack on Titan Final Season ep 10
That was a confusing episode. The timeline was all over the place with the show cutting between events before and after the events in Marley without warning. It doesn't help that the character models are slightly off which has been a thing all season with the different studio.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s3 e6
Harsh words from close to home.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby s2 e7
Scared of winning!

Otherside Picnic ep 7
Beach episode.

Kemono Jihen ep 6
Stronger.

Wonder Egg Priority ep 6
Haters.

Non Non Biyori Nonstop ep 6
Camping and homework.

So I just binged through Land of the Lustrous and I was really enjoying it, but I'm kinda surprised how highly it is recommended when it
basically has no ending or answers, it just stops. I'm fine with them leaving a cliffhanger, but at least answer any of the questions asked or even finish that dialogue Pho started.

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) (English Dub) Episode 7.5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Episode 30 Hostile confrontation.

World Witches Series: World Witches Take Off! Episode 6 Deputize.

Last edited:
Jujutsu Kaisen (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-7
WONDER EGG PRIORITY (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6

Human Lost (Japanese) Film

I very much regret not taking the opportunity to see this on the big screen at SLA 2019, as it would be quite the thrill to see on the big screen. I’m a bit conflicted on if this is Polygon’s strongest work because while it’s a great visual work, BLAME! is also an excellent visual piece that may only just tie with Human Lost on the strength of the 4K HDR presentation available on Netflix. I’ve been following Polygon’s work since I first watched Knights of Sidonia in 2015 and honestly, thank god they got better at animating human characters, I love KoS but wow, the animation on the characters is really rocky now, something I picked up on as I rewatched it over Christmas and is really shown up because of how well realised all the characters are here. While it’s aged, KoS still has a great visual flare to it, in no small part thanks to it being adapted from a Tsutomu Nihei manga. The same can’t be said about their Godzilla trilogy, visually competent sure but monotonous to the point of being a bit painful to watch. So... yeah... I think Human Lost sits comfortably in their catalogue of good work, now all I have left to watch is Ajin. I can’t make a comparison to the source, No Longer Human by Osamu Dezai, as I haven’t got round to reading it yet, I had intended to read it before the movie hit UK home media but it is it what is.

The sound design was something that really jumped out at me, it’s very nicely balanced. The soundtrack hasn’t really left much impact but the ED was performed by m-flo and just like against all gods, which was used as the eighth ED for Black Clover, it’s a god damn banger. The animation in some fast movements is pretty janky and I don’t know if that’s just the usual problem that appears with CG, despite most of Polygon’s work being fairly smooth all things considered or if it’s due to the UK/US release being encoded at 24fps rather than 23.976fps like the Japanese release. Sorry this has been a really long post. 😅

Last edited:
Black Clover episode 164 Ominous.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season episode 30 Outmatched?

The Heroic Legend of Arslan (Rewatch) episodes 2-15

Human Lost (Japanese) Film

I very much regret not taking the opportunity to see this on the big screen at SLA 2019, as it would be quite the thrill to see on the big screen. I’m a bit conflicted on if this is Polygon’s strongest work because while it’s a great visual work, BLAME! is also an excellent visual piece that may only just tie with Human Lost on the strength of the 4K HDR presentation available on Netflix. I’ve been following Polygon’s work since I first watched Knights of Sidonia in 2015 and honestly, thank god they got better at animating human characters, I love KoS but wow, the animation on the characters is really rocky now, something I picked up on as I rewatched it over Christmas and is really shown up because of how well realised all the characters are here. While it’s aged, KoS still hasn’t a great visual flare to it, in no small part thanks to it being adapted from a Tsutomu Nihei manga. The same can’t be said about their Godzilla trilogy, visually competent sure but monotonous to the point of being a bit painful to watch. So... yeah... I think Human Lost sits comfortably in their catalogue of good work, now all I have left to watch is Ajin. I can’t make a comparison to the source, No Longer Human by Osamu Dezai, as I haven’t got round to reading it yet, I had intended to read it before the movie hit UK home media but it is it what is.

The sound design was something that really jumped out at me, it’s very nicely balanced. The soundtrack hasn’t really left much impact but the ED was performed by m-flo and just like against all gods, which was used as the eighth ED for Black Clover, it’s a god damn banger. The animation in some fast movements is pretty janky and I don’t know if that’s just the usual problem that appears with CG, despite most of Polygon’s work being fairly smooth all things considered or if it’s due to the UK/US release being encoded at 24fps rather than 23.976fps like the Japanese release. Sorry this has been a really long post. 😅
Wow, I didn't realize Human Lost was animated by Polygon - I actually love their unique style of CG graphics, and Knights of Sidonia, Ajin, and Blame! are all top favorites of mine. Human Lost has been in my Save For Later queue at Rightstuf for a good while, but now that I found this out I will definitely add it to my next anime order. Thanks for the review! 👍

Hokuto no Ken - Episodes 73 - 80

Through these episodes Part 3 has concluded which was another fantastic story arc and currently the show is going on a run of recap episodes of the South Star fighters.

MAZE: The Mega-Burst Space - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

This OVA fits a lot in it's 2 episodes and has to be said is all over the place tonally, but I liked the way it looked, it did make me laugh and I did quite enjoy it overall.

Back Arrow - Episode 5

I'm glad I'm not the only one who this way about Millennium Actress (it feels impossible to critise a Konfilm most of the time), I've seen it twice and it just didn't it hold together as film.

If you enjoyed this and haven't seen the original Film/OVAs then I can highly recommend them. I started on a few of those Collection Titles years ago, must get round to finishing them off.

Yeah, it's a complete car crash of a show in the end, there was lots I liked about it, had an 80s feel that felt nostagic but the story was a complete mess and incomprehensible most of the time.
Have you ever seen the uncensored episodes of Maze and the infamous "Lost" ova? The series that was released in the us by Software Sculptures used the censored broadcast version. The unedited version was only released on laserdisc, somebody evidently found the laserdiscs and subbed then. I found them on the internet quite a while ago and downloaded them. These unedited episodes are quite a bit raunchier than the edited broadcast version.

Back