Your viewing journal

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG eps 6-10
It seems most of the episodes, even those labelled as separate from the overall plot, have relevance to the overall plot making it a lot harder to keep track of it all. The OVA obviously had to cut a load out and made a lot more sense. I found it the other way around with season 1/Laughing Man, the extra bits cut from the show made the overall plot clearer in the series than in the OVA.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Tachikomatic Days eps 6-10

Moriarty the Patriot (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Simulcast Day/TimesAnimeCurrent Watch count
Mondays 4:00pmGolden Kamuy Season 34 / 12
Mondays 6:00pmSleepy Princess in the Demon Castle4 / 12
Wednesdays 2:30pmOur Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World4 / 12
Thursdays 3:30pmHigurashi: When They Cry Gou4 / 24 (on-going into Winter 2021)
Fridays 3:00pmI'm Standing on a Million Lives5 / 12
Fridays 4:30pmIs It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III4 / 12
Sundays 1:30pmTalentless Nana5 / 13
Sundays 2:00pmMoriarty the Patriot4 / 24 (second-cour airing Spring 2021)

Shirobako ep16-17

I don't know what Japanese employment laws are like, but I have a tough time understanding why Hiroaki still has a job at this stage. He doesn't turn up for meetings and his attitude stinks - short of serious nepotism, I feel like he'd have been out on his ass long ago.

That aside, it also caught my attention that the original Japanese for 'Girlmada', in the translated title of the series Musani is producing, sounds like 'Shoujo Tai', also the name of an '80s Jpop group. Just made me wonder if it would literally translate as something like "Girls' Army".

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG eps 6-10
It seems most of the episodes, even those labelled as separate from the overall plot, have relevance to the overall plot making it a lot harder to keep track of it all.

Yeah, I remember that being quite a noticeable change compared to the first series - it made me wonder if they had been criticised for making the self-contained episodes too disparate from the main thrust of the show.

Assault Lily BOUQUET episode 9 An unexpected ending.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 47 Tag.

Haikyu!!: To the Top 2nd Season episode 23 To the very edge.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives episode 10 Snow borne sorrows.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III episode 10 Watcher.

Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) episode 10 Malice.

MajoTabi, The Journey of Elaina episode 10 Reminiscing.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You episode 10 Quite the melon.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 98-100, 107-118

I watched the first 18 episodes of Ushio and Tora (dubbed) then took a detour to watch Kids on the Slope (subbed) and in the middle of watching that it fell over and I had to build a third castle on top I took a break to watch my steelbook of 5cm Per Second (subbed) that just arrived and listen to the OST. I enjoyed the OST well enough but I think this one works better in context of the film itself, which is still one of my all time favourites, I really do love the work of Makoto Shinkai, and the Blu-ray looks sooo beautiful. I also got a lot out of rewatching KotS, I appreciated it a lot more this time I think and I hope to get my hands on the OST one day. I wonder if AL will license rescue it now that the MVM Blu-ray is OOP? Now I'm watching After the Rain which just arrived yesterday :)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG eps 11-15
Ep 11 - Ghost of the past. Production standards seemed to have been upped for this episode. A lot of the earlier ones had off model characters and some odd animation.
Ep 12 - Extraordinary meeting!
Ep 13 - Doppelganger.
Ep 14 - This episode completely contradicts ARISE, although I suppose that it's the other way round as this came first, but the ending leaves it open as to whether it was just a tall tale.
Ep 15 - Father.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Tachikomatic Days eps 11-15

Yeah, I remember that being quite a noticeable change compared to the first series - it made me wonder if they had been criticised for making the self-contained episodes too disparate from the main thrust of the show.
It's odd because by their very nature they stand out more. Episode 11 for example is the only one from my first time, over 10 years ago, that I really remember and has very little to do with the overall plot (I seem to remember that the boy turns out to be Kuze). It has a lot to do with the Major's past, so is quite memorable.
Where as if you were asked to say what happens in an overall plot episode you could easily misplace events to a different episode. One of the ones I remember the most from season 1 is also a stand alone episode.

Gal & Dino episode 10 Hello Goodbye.

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 9 Natural self.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 10 Apologies.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 10 Training.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 9 Moving forward.

The Day I Became a God episode 9 Soup of life.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 9 Preparation.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 119-135 & the end part of 220. That’s the end (bar 70+ episodes of filler) for the original series. Before moving onto Shippuden, I’ll be checking out an anime-only arc that takes place after the events of Naruto involving the second Chūnin exams.

Naruto Shippuden episodes 394-396

I tried watching After the Rain, then decided to have a go at finishing Ushio and Tora cuz I wanted something that I really like the dub for... eventually I decided to rewatch Ouran High School Host Club (subbed)... I think maybe I'm going through some sort of period of internal transition in terms of what I wanna do with my life/time? Cuz sometimes not being able to settle on finishing any one show is a sign of that thinky face emoji.

December 4th & 5th.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (English Dub) Episode 3

The Day I Became a God (English Dub) Episode 4

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (English Dub) Episode 1

Warlords of Sigrdrifa (English Dub) Episode 4

Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Quite the ending.

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 47 Chase.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives Episode 10 Blizzard of sorrow.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III Episode 10 Observer.

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM Episode 9 Be yourself.

Iwakakeru -Sport Climbing Girls- Episode 10 Too slow.

King's Raid: Successors of the Will Episode 10 Gratitude.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Episode 10 Training camp.

Rail Romanesque Episode 10

The Day I Became a God Episode 9 A reason to run.

The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! (Rewatch) Episode 8-12 (Complete)

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You Episode 10

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina Episode 10 Reminisce.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa Episode 9 Pushing ahead.

Bloom Into You
It's a shame this doesnt adapt the whole story as it feels really unresolved at the end. It was a good watch though. The main 3 girls could be very frustrating at times but the show does a good job of letting you see their feelings.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
funny and fun but if you've seen any eecchi before you've seen everything this has to offer. The regularity with which the MC can trip and end up with his hand under a girls bra is truly astonishing!

wicked City
Messed up. A crazy film and very stylish with a good dose of grim for good measure.

5cms per second
Stunning film. Make me cry everytime.

Redline
What a crazy good film. Just a wild ride the whole way through. This is the first time I've ever seen it. Cant believe it's taken me so long to get round to it.

Demon City Shinjuku
Not as good as Wicked City but it is well paced and well animated.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 1 [60]
Golden Kamuy Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6 [29-30]
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (Japanese audio) - Episode 5

Attack on Titan: The Final Season episode 60 The beginning of the end.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 177 Sensory.

By the Grace of the Gods episode 10 Blood and slime.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 9 Held back?

Moriarty the Patriot episode 9 Test.

Talentless Nana episode 10 Past tragedy.

Naruto Shippuden episodes 397-413 For a filler arc this had some decent content, though admittedly I did end up skimming through some of the less interesting parts and I can’t say it has much rewatch value.

Invincible Champion Tri-Zenon - Episodes 13 - 19

We get into some exposition for the back story after the half way point but it does feel like the series is starting to drag out the few ideas that it has now and I'm getting the feeling the series was cut short based on how the plot is unfolding. The animation also took a very noticeable drop in quality from episode 17 with a lot more stills used and changes to the CG ships.

Last edited:
I'm Standing on a Million Lives (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Talentless Nana (Japanese audio) - Episode 6-7

Plans to watch more anime via Crunchyroll today has been put on-hold due to buffering issues with the player (which I suspect was caused by Attack on Titan: Final Season's premiere).

December 6th & 7th.

Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 17

By the Grace of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 5

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 60 The end is nigh.

By the Grace of the Gods Episode 10 A pure blood slime.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart Episode 9 Onlooker.

Maesetsu! -Opening Act- Episode 9 Role reversal.

One Room Third Season Episode 10

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Episode 10 Disguised visit.

Talentless Nana Episode 10 Tragic past.

Back