Your viewing journal

Finished Yona of the Dawn and Steins;Gate 0 and am now watching Psycho-Pass Season 1. Yona was ace, S;G0 was def worth watching even though it's got a somewhat darker tone than the first Steins;Gate anime and Psycho-Pass S1 is great though obviously quite disturbing given the premise, but I like that it's giving me a lot to think about in terms of how the law and society influence people's morality and the biases of interpretation that involves. After Psycho Pass S1 I'm not sure what I'll watch next, but it will be something else from my disc backlog.

Finished Yona of the Dawn and Steins;Gate 0 and am now watching Psycho-Pass Season 1. Yona was ace, S;G0 was def worth watching even though it's got a somewhat darker tone than the first Steins;Gate anime and Psycho-Pass S1 is great though obviously quite disturbing given the premise, but I like that it's giving me a lot to think about in terms of how the law and society influence people's morality and the biases of interpretation that involves. After Psycho Pass S1 I'm not sure what I'll watch next, but it will be something else from my disc backlog.
What I selfishly want is that you continue the pyscho pass franchise. Wont pretend it's perfect after s1 but its still amazing and each entry builds on the themes of the previous.

What I selfishly want is that you continue the pyscho pass franchise. Wont pretend it's perfect after s1 but its still amazing and each entry builds on the themes of the previous.

I'll admit to being on the fence due to the decidedly mixed reports I've heard about Season 2 onwards. But I'm considering it :)

Gal & Dino episode 9 Tripping in the darkness.

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 8 Teach.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 9 Exhibition and motivation.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 9 Rivals.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 8.5 Recap.

The Day I Became a God episode 8 Condition.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 8 Fun things.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 13-27

Last edited:
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (English Dub) Episode 2

The Misfit of Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM Episode 8 Tutor.

Iwakakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls- Episode 9 Redeemed confidence.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Episode 9 Rivalry.

The Day I Became a God Episode 8 Illness.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa Episode 8.5 Recap.

I'll admit to being on the fence due to the decidedly mixed reports I've heard about Season 2 onwards. But I'm considering it :)
The thing with PP is that it doesn't play it safe. That means it isnt pandering to your expectations so the first time you watch it's a little jarring but on a rewatch everything makes a lot more sense.

I think it's an incredible franchise and worth watch watching it all. Just dont expect it to be "what you want" at every turn. Also Sinners of the system is on ScreenAnime this month so for a little while at least you can actually legally watch the whole franchise over here!

The thing with PP is that it doesn't play it safe. That means it isnt pandering to your expectations so the first time you watch it's a little jarring but on a rewatch everything makes a lot more sense.

I think it's an incredible franchise and worth watch watching it all. Just dont expect it to be "what you want" at every turn. Also Sinners of the system is on ScreenAnime this month so for a little while at least you can actually legally watch the whole franchise over here!

I've finished Season 1 and it was excellent, particularly towards the end. Now I'm watching the Ushio and Tora reboot! I will at least try Season 2 of Psycho-Pass at some point and see what I think :)

Great Pretender (Japanese audio) - Episodes 15-23 (Case 4 story arc) (Completed)

This series is really good. It felt like I was watching anime from the late 00s to early 10s again. Each story arc is great, each main character had their own spotlight and the ending to the series overall was rather satisfactory. Makoto's actions can be annoying but it makes sense when you take into account the context. Overall, even if it has some minor issues I honestly have no problems with this series and to me, it's basically Anime of the Year for 2020 hands down.

Binged through Kill Me Baby, it's a a slapstick comedy where the overall plot doesn't really matter and it's mostly about gags that are episode specific. Some of the episodes are really funny, I think it's worth a watch as a mostly mindless comedy.

Great Pretender (Japanese audio) - Episodes 15-23 (Case 4 story arc) (Completed)

This series is really good. It felt like I was watching anime from the late 00s to early 10s again. Each story arc is great, each main character had their own spotlight and the ending to the series overall was rather satisfactory. Makoto's actions can be annoying but it makes sense when you take into account the context. Overall, even if it has some minor issues I honestly have no problems with this series and to me, it's basically Anime of the Year for 2020 hands down.

Great Pretender and Moriarty are the two I'd vote between for AoTY, with Moriarty having a bit of a lead even though it's not completed yet.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 176 Flight.

By the Grace of the Gods episode 9 Willing workers.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 8 A secret held?

Moriarty the Patriot episode 8 Roommate.

Talentless Nana episode 9 A dangerous ability.

Naruto (Rewatch) episodes 28-45

AKB0048 episode 3

The Great Pretender episode 15-16

SeriesFormatStatus
Grimoire of Zero12 episode seriesWatched
Show By Rock!!12 episode seriesWatched
AKB004813 episode seriesWatching
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu12 episode seriesPlanned
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu Specials2 episode specialPlanned
Humanity Has Declined12 episode seriesPlanned
A Certain Scientific Railgun25 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight12 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound1 episode specialPlanned
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R225 episode seriesPending Arrival

Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 16

By the Grace of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 4

By the Grace of the Gods Episode 9 Recruitment drive.

Katana Maidens: Kizamishi Issen no Tomoshibi OVA Episode 2 (Complete)

Maesetsu! -Opening Act- Episode 8 Untold secret.

Talentless Nana Episode 9 A dangerous power.

Invincible Champion Tri-Zenon - Episodes 5 - 12

Tri-Zenon continues to be a very funny and well executed show.

Relic Armor Legaciam

Delpower X Bakuhatsu Miracle Genki!

Demon Frontier Legend Le Deus

First re-watch of these 80s mecha OVAs for an upcoming project.

Gundam Build Divers Battlogue

I only watched this because Masami Obari directed it, have to admit to getting rather tired of the Build Fighters formula now.

Back