Your viewing journal

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (English Dub) Episode 3

DOGEZA: I Tried Asking Episode 3 Tsundere.

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Episode 6 Branded and abducted.

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 6 Bulk up.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart ep 5
Practice.

The Day I Became a God ep 5
Messages from beyond.

Noblesse ep 6
Power unleashed.

Noblesse: Awakening (OVA)
Wakey, wakey.
I suddenly thought to myself that maybe the reason this isn't with the rest of the Noblesse videos on Crunchyroll is that it might be under a different name and sure enough it was. Most of the information it contained I've already gleaned from watching the series apart from the hint that the superhuman powers the engineered ones have may have come from Frankenstein, but it does actually raise a question, what happened to the cute girl (Yuna) between this and the season?
It did look a bit better than the series though. Probably had more time to work on it.
7/10

Kimisen, Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World episode 6 Marked.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 6 Soured?

Noblesse episode 6 More ramen goodness.

Mysterious Girlfriend X episodes 10-13 (Complete. A romance anime with a strange premise executed fairly effectively outside of one or two episodes wherein individuals try to drive a wedge between the main couple following fairly predictable story beats in the process. If you can get past all the drool consumption there’s a unique love story to be had here.) 3.5/5

Nagasarete Airantou
episodes 1-9

Adachi and Shimamura episode 6 Christmas anxiety.

Akudama Drive episode 6 Worry.

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 7 Ominous.

Nagasarete Airantou episodes 10-18

snapshot_09.49.219.jpg
snapshot_22.46.032.jpg

Galaxy Express 999: Episodes 59-70 "All aboooard!"

Guess I'm back. At nearly a year to the day this has to be the longest train delay in recorded history, but boarding the Galaxy Express again and settling back in is pretty effortless. In this year's batch of episodes, Tetsuro visits America the Planet of the Fat People, Goth World, continues his galaxy-wide Che Guevara act by assisting at least three more revolutions incuding on Wild West Nazi Librarian Planet, meets his maker, causes a planet to commit suicide and befriends yet another dinosaur. Oh and of course, no journey would be complete without our regular scheduled stop at Misery Town.

snapshot_21.37.116.jpg
Mental wounds not healing, life's a bitter shame

The trail of destruction that the GE999 leaves in its wake is really quite something. If it weren't protected by the Galaxy Railways SDF and their nuclear armed armoured space trains, you'd think whenever a planet saw it coming they'd sooner shoot it out of the sky than run the risk of it landing and resulting in either the overthrow of the government, the death of most (or all) of the population or the destruction of the entire planet, that particular event having now occured on more than one occassion. Whoever maintains the timetable is going to be pretty ticked off with Maetel and Tetsuro by the end of this journey for all the ammendments they'll have to make.

I will say this for GE999: It redefines what it means to be original. Where on earth the ideas for these episodes came from, whether it was the mind of Leiji Matsumoto himself or writers for the TV series, they surely knew how to come up with things that had never been done before and certainly haven't been emulated since. Every episode I'm now ready for the "What if there was a planet..." and rarely is the end of that sentence anything predictable. Sometimes the ideas work ("What if there was a planet where people lived in pitch darkness?") and sometimes they don't ("What if there was a planet that was sentient and liked to watch people strip off?") but they certainly weren't afraid to throw anything and everything against the wall to see what stuck. Or perhaps just because it was fun to throw things at a wall. But also to despair for humanity.

snapshot_21.39.643.jpg
snapshot_21.41.270.jpg
Also maybe it was just me, but when Maetel was strumming her guitar it totally sounded like the riff from OMD's The New Stone Age. "Oh my God, what have we done this time?" would certainly be an appropriate lyric for our protagonists.

Last edited:
The Next War Ehrgeiz - Episodes 1 - 6

There are a few late 90s mecha shows that slipped under the wider world's radar that I have on my to watch list derived from the Super Robot Chronicles volumes that I haven't seen yet so going to round the year out watching those and starting with Ehrgeiz.

This is a fairly typical mid/late 90s mecha show, has the look of a lot of mecha anime at the time especially Nadesico and Gasaraki and so far it hasn't been a particularly original show, blatantly borrowing lots of ideas from Gundam as an example, but I actually think it's OK and I'm quite enjoying it.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 25 (Complete)

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (English Dub) Episode 11

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 44 Resolute.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives Episode 7 Fools errand.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III Episode 7 Stand your ground.

King's Raid: Successors of the Will Episode 7 Targeted and ambushed.

Rail Romanesque Episode 7

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You Episode 7 Conviction.

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina Episode 7 Competing.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 44 Big and strong.

Haikyu!!: To the Top 2nd Season episode 20 Uniform.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives episode 7 Real-world consequences.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III episode 7 Stand.

Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) episode 7 Infinity.

MajoTabi, The Journey of Elaina episode 7 The wall.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You episode 7 Kimono.

Nagasarete Airanto episodes 19-21

Friday the 13th-athon: Part V: A New Beginning, Part VI: Jason Lives, Part VII: The New Blood (Films)

Moriarty the Patriot ep 5
Revengers Assemble

Sigrdrifa ep 6
Operation is a go!

Ikebukuro West Gate Park ep 6
Shadow of war.

Adachi and Shimamura ep 6
Christmas.

Akudama Drive ep 6
A law unto himself.

Wandering Witch ep 7
"that what unites us is greater than what divides us"

Himouto! Umaru-chan episodes 10-12 (End)
Umaru does get pretty annoying at times but other than that it's a pretty fun comedy by Doga Kobo.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol club episode 7
Yet another great episode giving one of the more comedic characters some serious character development. The music video segment was also directed by former KyoAni animator Naoya Nakayama, known for their work on Asteroid in Love's ED and the famous Kaguya-sama Chika Dance.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA (English Dub) Episode 3 & 4

The Misfit at Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 11

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM Episode 6 A new look.

Iwakakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls- Episode 7 Unclimbable.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Episode 7 Strife.

The Day I Became a God Episode 6 An eventful festival.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa Episode 7 Mission start!

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 6 Feel the fluff.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 7 Frustrations.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 7 A sleepy sister.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 7 Loss.

The Day I Became a God episode 6 Magical festival.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 6 Alone.

Nagasarete Airanto episodes 22-26 (Complete. Despite having a fairly simple plot/premise this harem comedy was a good laugh throughout, with an expansive cast that had their own quirks alongside a host of eccentric animal side characters.) 4/5

Back