Your viewing journal

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 5 A commercial run.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 6 It’s not over until it’s over.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 6 Newfound confidence.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 6 Overprotective.

The Day I Became a God episode 5 Drinking solo.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 5 Better and worse.

My Mental Choices are completely interfering with my School Romantic Comedy episodes 1-10 & OVA (Complete. A comedy series based around the premise of a lead character having to live by a choice-based system, following the complications that arise in the process. The premise was interesting but the humour mostly didn’t land for me, making it an average watch overall. The unaired OVA episode was fairly humorous though.) 2.5/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 173 Into the valley.

By the Grace of the Gods episode 6 Goblin Slayer: Slime edition.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 5 Sightseeing.

Moriarty the Patriot episode 5 Tragedy from a bridge.

Talentless Nana episode 6 Unexpected reveal.

Continued progressing through Miami Vice Season 1 as well.

Weathering With You (English dub)

It was nice, I liked it. Not sure I have a whole lot to say about it otherwise though. It's at its most appealing when it's being bright and breezy; the more serious parts didn't grab me quite as much, but the story works perfectly well and seems to cement Shinkai's newfound lightness of touch. It's also hugely accomplished on the technical and artistic level, to the point where I do really regret not having seen it in an actual cinema. It certainly does more than enough to justify itself beyond the level of a mere attempt to recapture the success of Your Name, but unfortunately I found it a little difficult at times to shake the feeling that it's being consciously produced to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, and I think it might have benefitted from a little narrative streamlining (did we really need Chekov's gun?).

The dub is also completely fine. I don't think it gains anything from being in English, but it doesn't hurt the film either.

Vinland Saga episodes 11-13

Jujutsu Kaisen episode 6 (Dropped)
Not really feeling this one. Might consider picking it up again when all the episodes are out though.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club episode 6
A welcome return to the franchise for School Idol Project director Takahiko Kyougoku. Was wondering how they would handle Rina's board and it worked really well. Daft Punk idols are the future

Himouto! Umaru-chan episode 1

Akudama Drive ep 5
Bit of a chill, come down episode after last weeks.

Adachi and Shimamura ep 5
An important question.

Assault Lily: BOUQUET ep 6
Closing old wounds.

Wandering Witch ep 6
The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

By the Grace of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 2

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 11

Sword Art Online Alicization: -War of Underworld- Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 13

The Day I Became a God (English Dub) Episode 2

By the Grace of the Gods Episode 6 Goblin Slimer.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart Episode 5 Signatures and Karaoke.

Maesetsu! -Opening Act- Episode 5 Sightseeing tour.

One Room Third Season Episode 6 Wish.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Episode 6 Mishaps and misunderstanding.

Talentless Nana Episode 6 Reveal.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart episode 5 Suspicious.

Golden Kamuy 3rd Season episode 30 He ain’t heavy...

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle episode 6 If only tonight we could Sleep.

My Roommate is a Cat (Rewatch) episodes 1-9

The neighbor couple came over tonight and I showed them B: The Beginning Eps 1-3 in my theater. They're really into it already!

Watched Moriarty the Patriot episode 5 after they left. Maybe not quite as good as the previous episodes, but still very interesting.

Black Clover episode 151 Competition of the captains.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park episode 6 War has begun?

My Roommate is a Cat (Rewatch) episodes 10-12 (Complete. I recall enjoying this quite a bit when it was airing and upon rewatch still appreciate how it managed to combine SoL antics with more mature themes and my thoughts haven’t changed, it’s still quite enjoyable on a second viewing.) 3.5/5

Mysterious Girlfriend X
episodes 1-9

Golden Kamuy s3 e6
Ghosts from the past.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle ep 6
Poor sense of direction.

That is the Bottleneck ep 5
The truth is revealed.

Talentless Nana ep 6
Dead to rights.

both seasons of Oreimo
Did you watch the true ending 😏:

PS: When changing colour after writing the title please don't forget to select the eraser symbol and not black. Those of us on the dark theme can't see the text. Alternatively write the whole post first and then highlight the title and then pick your colour.

Back