Your viewing journal

Iczelion - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

More of a cash in but it was enjoyable and I did like the powered suit designs in it. What I found interesting watching the three OVAs back to back is that they were released 5 years apart from each other and would can see the changes in the animation style over the 10 years.

Appare Ranman - Episodes 1 - 5

I liked the look of this and hasn't disappointed so far.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 24

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (English Dub) Episode 1

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (English Dub) Episode 9

Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 5 Drawn closer.

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 42 Faith.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives Episode 5 Exp.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III Episode 5 Chained up.

King's Raid: Successors of the Will Episode 5 First seal.

Rail Romanesque Episode 5

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You Episode 5 Pricey.

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina Episode 5 Guest Instructor.

The Day I Became a God (English Dub) Episode 1

The Misfit at Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 9

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM Episode 4 Festival fun.

Iwakakeru! -Sport Climbing Girls- Episode 5 Preliminaries.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Episode 5 At long last, the final member joins.

The Day I Became a God Episode 4 Original playstyle.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa Episode 5 Countermeasure.

Serial Experiments Lain [Rewatch] episodes 10-13 (End)
Definitely understood more on a rewatch. A disturbing view of the internet that has remained just as relevant all these years later.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club episode 5
This is the most fellas episode yet

Jujutsu Kaisen ep4

Nah, I think I’m done with this. I really wanted to like it, but the story and characters just aren’t grabbing me.

Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space (1982)

Rounding out the trilogy of compilation films for the original series, this is easily the strongest one, and looks well for having been mostly reanimated for the screen. The narrative again moves in strange fits and starts at times, with a couple of important characters introduced in a slightly awkward and unnatural fashion (Lalah in particular feels like she ought to have turned up a lot earlier), but the film still manages a surprisingly emotional finale, and makes for a satisfying conclusion, even if it’s hardly a spoiler to say that the story is far from over.

Patlabor TV ep8-9

I think this is my healing show, I always seem to feel a little better after watching it. 8 is fun, with the team dragged into an environmental dispute, that incidentally gives us the first look at a civilian labor used purely for recreation, but it comes as no surprise to learn that 9 was written by Oshii, demonstrating the kind of clever political farce that seems to amuse him, as Noa and Asuka are dragged into an increasingly convoluted spy story. It also dates the series very specifically, as public security (no, not them) are still tangling with the Soviet Union. I’m not quite sure why, but I always think of Patlabor as a 1990s anime, it doesn’t feel like a product of the 80s in the way so many other mecha shows do (usually because they are...)

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 4 Mask.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 5 Shortcomings.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 5 P.V.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 5 Another more comedic episode.

The Day I Became a God episode 4 Games people play.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 4 Repay the favour.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XXXI: The Exorcist III: Legion (Film)

My Hero Academia 3rd Season (Rewatch)
episodes 39-50

Fire Force
Amazing. Fun to watch, great cast (especially liked the main character), good story with a good mix of comedy and drama, great animation. The action scenes were really well done and easy to follow. The dub is brilliantly performed.

Birthday Wonderland
Charming little fantasy adventure film. Full of wonder and gorgeous to watch. It's a shame the main character had to be dragged along kicking and screaming every step if the way, made her pretty unlikeable for most of the film while the the rest of the cast were a lot more interesting.

Shaolin Soccer
Exceptional and hilarious. Put more thoughts in the Rate the last film you watched thread.

My Hero Academia Heroes Rising rewatch
As always with MHA it's a lot of fun to watch and an emotional rollercoaster.

Weathering With You rewatch
Stunning movie. A film that seemingly exists for Shinkai to show off his unmatched skill in depicting sunlight.

Eureka 7 The Movie Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers
Interesting alternative story. I'm really into the weird and wonderful worlds of E7 and the different stories they can tell with the same/similar characters.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 172 Autograph.

By the Grace of the Gods episode 5 A thank you.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 4 Tough crowd.

Moriarty the Patriot episode 4 Revenge served sour.

Talentless Nana episode 5 Exploit.

My Hero Academia 3rd Season (Rewatch) episodes 51-63 (Complete. A fun rewatch though I found the first half to be stronger overall - perhaps my preference for the bigger arcs as opposed to the training/tournament side of the series. Will wait until I own it before rewatching S4 and hoping S5 will impress as well.) 4/5

Monster Girl Doctor (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

By the Grace of the Gods Episode 5 Grateful.

Maesetsu! -Opening Act- Episode 4 Tough crowd.

Talentless Nana Episode 5 Blackmail.

Ep 4 of Moriarty the Patriot...shame they changed it so much from the manga as you miss William interacting with the townfolk more.
Ep 4 of Taisou Samurai
Ep 5 of Jujutsu Kaisen

Akudama Drive ep 4
Excellent episode. The fights were so slick and the slow realisation that there's more to the world than the characters know, plus an intriguing reveal at the end.

Adachi and Shimamura ep 4
Confrontation and realisation.

Assault Lily: BOUQUET ep 5
Birthday gift hunt.

Wandering Witch ep 5
An old friend.

That is the Bottleneck ep 4
Boyfriend trouble.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle ep 5
We're gonna need a bigger bed.

By the Grace of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 1

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart Episode 4 Fan letters and a new member.

One Room Third Season Episode 5

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Episode 5 Bird brain and bigger beds.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart episode 4 Newcomer.

Golden Kamuy 3rd Season episode 29 Firing lines.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle episode 5 Sweet Dreams are made of this.

My-HiME episodes 1-9

Last edited:
22/7 episodes 10-12 (End)
Quite the rough series but still pretty good with a fun cast and intriguing setup. Episode 7 is still the real highlight with its strong story and powerful direction from the relatively unknown Hirotaka Mori. Will have to keep an eye out for their next work

22/7: 8+3=? OVA
Introducing three new members. A fun extra

22/7: The Diary of Our Days episodes 1-8 (End)
A short series of vignettes by CloverWorks with character designer and animation director Yukiko Horiguchi. So disappointing that Horiguchi didn't return for the main series. Really nice designs and animation

Golden Kamuy Season 3 episode 5

Deca-Dence ep7-8

I like this enough that I'll finish it, but perhaps as a result of having watched a lot of it in a short space of time, I'm finding it a bit played out now. I think my overall opinion on it will depend a lot on how it concludes.

Samurai Flamenco Episodes 1 - 11

Certainly the last couple episodes of the first part turned the show around with new characters introduced

Back