Your viewing journal

Jujutsu Kaisen ep2-3

This is fine, but unless it really develops in unexpected ways later on, I think it's probably not something I'd go out of my way for. Setting aside the sumptuous production, most of its charm is in the comedy for me, and when it's not being funny, it seems quite formulaic.

I might be being a little harsh on it though, my biggest disappointment is just that, from the first few minutes, I thought they were doing something along the lines of Mob Psycho 100, which it sadly isn't.

Patlabor TV ep7

Nice to see SV1 get a bit of a look-in this time around, with their pilot's pleasant demeanour hiding deep resentment that it's SV2 who got the Ingrams, while they're left with older models. Despite the typically jaunty tone, it also displays some notably sophisticated story construction, with the less than honourable motivations behind their acquisition of a new machine feeling entirely beliveable.

Huge Psycho Pass binge incoming

Psycho Pass rewatch
It's been ages since I last watched this. God it's so good. Best cyberpunk since GitS:SAC and I havent seen anything since that's better. The concept, the characters, the design, the story all piece together so seamlessly.

Psycho Pass 2 rewatch
I have to say I enjoyed this so much more than the first time I watched it. I still think it's a shame that Mika is so unlikable from the start but as a contrast to Akane I guess it makes sense. The story however is very good. The way it builds on the themes and expands the scope from season 1 is very well done.

Psycho Pass The Movie rewatch
This is only the second time I've seen this and it was so long ago it like new. Very good film that expands the scope of the show and does some needed world building outside of Japan. It's a swift film that's well paced and nicely told and the action is extremely well animated.

Psycho Pass Sinners of the System Spanish dub
Another great set of films/cases. I'm sure I lost some of the nuances watching in Spanish but overall I was able to keep up with what was going on. The animation was great once again and also gave more great world building. A very apt title given the nature of the stories here!

Psycho Pass 3 and PP3 The First Inspector subs
I've grouped these together as they are clearly a single unit of storytelling. After getting over the shock (and disappointment) of having an almost entirely new main cast I ended up really getting into it. The new cast were great and the story was really interesting and the theme of immigration and using it for political gain feels very timely. Also Mika becomes a pretty likeable character here which was nice. The only thing I didnt like was the mental trace ability which, to me at least, made no sense in the Psycho Pass world. It was a lazy and convenient writing tool to move the plot along when the writers were stuck.

Overall this franchise is brilliant and I hope it continues and keeps pushing into unexpected places.

Assault Lily: BOUQUET ep 4
We are Legion.

Wandering Witch ep 4
That's one hell of a revenge!

That is the Bottleneck ep 3
Wear a smile upon your face.

Sigrdrifa ep 4
Swimsuit edition.

Maesetsu! Opening Act ep 3 (dropped)
Nope, just not funny. Found out why it looks like and has a reference to Lucky Star though. The person who did the series composition for LS is doing the same job plus script and the mangaka of the Lucky Star 4-koma is on character designs (why not the script, having written the LS 4-koma as well as drawn it, I don't know?). Talking of the designs, on the one hand I like them, but on the other they all look too young. They're supposed to be in college, but look high school or even younger in one case whilst the younger side characters are in high school, but look middle school-ish and it's a distraction.

Black Clover episode 149 Mystical fetch quest.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park episode 4 The truth is.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XXVII: The Fly (1986), The Fly II (Films)

Mushi-Shi (Rewatch)
episodes 18-26 & OVA (Complete. A great series that manages to be calming and spiritual whilst also telling stories that are often poignant and tragic. A definite recommendation for anyone that hasn’t watched already.) 4.5/5

Last edited:
Watched the rest of Case 3: Snow of London, Eps 12-14, of Great Pretender last night. Another great story! Will start in on the last story tomorrow - Case 4: Wizard of Far East, which comprises the remaining 9 episodes of the season.

Also watched Eps 2-3 of Moriarty the Patriot. Breathtaking evilness!

Great Pretender and Moriarty the Patriot are my two top go-to anime series right now. So good!

Last edited:
Talentless Nana ep 4
Mind chess.

The Day I Became a God ep 3
Heaven's Kitchen.

Moriarty the Patriot ep 3
Three hundred sixty five degrees,
Burning down the house.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle ep 4
Blowing hot and cold.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park ep 4
Sometimes the past is best left buried.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart ep 3
First gig.

Golden Kamuy s3 e4
Big Top.

Ninja Collection ep 13 (complete)
Be aware of strangers baring... red string!?
The stories were mostly interesting and creepy, but the art wasn't very good and the animation none existent!
5/10

Noblesse
ep 4
Connections.

22/7 episodes 5-7
After a middling first 6 episodes ranging from decent to disgusting, episode 7 was a welcome surprise and honestly a good contender for episode of the year. Hirotaka Mori's direction and storyboard work is fantastic and surprising given how relatively unknown he is. A great choice of director for such a devastating episode.

Kimisen, Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World episode 4 Jackpots and secrets.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 4 Heal.

Noblesse episode 4 Prey.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XXVIII: Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Film)

Mushi-Shi -The Next Passage-
episodes 1-10

Last edited:
Both watched on ScreenAnime

Love Live! The Movie
So much fun and a really good send off for the original cast. The animation was great and the songs were fun!

Love Live! Sunshine!! The Movie
Another fun romp. The story in the other one was more cohesive but the Sunshine gang are more entertaining chatacters. Again the animation, choreography and songs were a lot of fun.

Both films are a good send off for their respective casts.

Adachi and Shimamura Episode 4 Meddling and duet.

DOGEZA: I Tried Asking Episode 3 Teasing.

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World Episode 4 Payouts and secrets.

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 4 Speed junkie.

Serial Experiments Lain [Rewatch] episodes 1-4
And you don't seem to understand...

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Pico: Ohmori episode 26 (End)
A fun follow up with more wacky shenanigans

Adachi and Shimamura episode 4 Sauna showdown.

Akudama Drive episode 4 Point of no return?

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 5 Attention.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XXIX: Hellbound: Hellraiser II (Film)

Mushi-Shi -The Next Passage-
OVA & episodes 11-20 (Complete. A great follow-up that maintained the elements that I enjoyed with the first season whilst adding upon the lore and Ginko’s backstory in the process.) 4.5/5

Assault Lily: BOUQUET episode 5 Drawn in.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 42 Belief.

Haikyu!!: To the Top 2nd Season episode 18 Gravity never failed.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives episode 5 Experience.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III episode 5 In chains.

Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) episode 5 Panda.

MajoTabi, The Journey of Elaina episode 5 Guest teacher.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon For You episode 5 Kisses and rings.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XXX: Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (Producer’s Cut) (Film)

I also continued my rewatch of Miami Vice Season 1. It’s fun catching all the songs used throughout as you discover some new ones and some more obscure choices too.

Back