Your viewing journal

The God of High School eps 11 & 12
Ok, what is actually happening? It was building up to this (people with mystical powers fighting each other), but it seems to have skipped a few steps.

Fruits Basket s2 eps 24 & 25 (complete)
Strange bonds.
The structure and mood of this series was different from the first. Whereas in the first Tohru would meet a different member of the Soma clan and help them out and was mostly lighthearted in this there was only 2 left to meet, so was bound to be different and also took a darker turn and seemed intent on hammering home the fact that most of the children of the clan had miserable up bringings (by the end it was like "alright I get it the Soma clan is f***ed up, stop spinning your wheels and get on with it" and that the head was a tyrant with the only explanation being she was a God. PS the big reveal at the end wasn't so much for me because a. they changed the VAs both Japanese and English from male in the original to female and b. I accidentally read that Akito was a woman. I guess if you went in blind they did an OK job of being obscure at least. Not that I think it makes much of a difference either way!
So I didn't like this as much as the first season.
8/10

Black Clover episode 144 Meeting.

Diary of our Days at the Breakwater episode 12 The final fishing trip of the season. (Complete. Possibly my favourite non-continuing anime of the season thanks to a relaxed atmosphere and a likeable main cast. I’d love another series at some point.) 4/5

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season
episode 24 A success. (Complete. An underwhelming second season that had its moments and character developments but struggled to really innovate in an interesting enough manner.) 3/5

UMAYON
episode 12 (Complete. Humorous shorts that tided me over with the hope of a second season announcement for the main series which we got recently - looking forward to it.) 3/5

Million Arthur
episodes 14-23 (Complete. An uncomplicated and upbeat series that wasn’t particularly great but had some entertainment value. Due to the largely episodic nature though, episodes could be hit and miss and the overall story doesn’t get much in terms of a worthwhile conclusion.) 3/5

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (Rewatch)
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater Episode 12 One last cast of the season. (Complete. SoL fishing fun with a likeable cast and a relaxing atmosphere. This is so far my personal favourite SoL show for 2020.) 3.5/5

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 50 The Big Reveal. (Complete for now. A solid continuation and definitely a step up from the previous season. Certain aspects within this did stand out more than others. Looking foward to the final season next year.) 4.5/5

The God of High School Episode 12 Transcend.

Umayon! Episode 12 Obstacle Race. (Complete. With the announced second season of the main series on the horizon, at least this was able to satisfy my anticipation until then.) 3/5

Poco's Udon World 8/10
Really recommend this to fans of shows like Barakamon, Usagi Drop etc Made me tear up a few times.

It's on Crunchyroll

Monday 14th:
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6

Thursday 17th:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 Part 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11

Saturday 19th:
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11 (Completed)

Today:
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 Part 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12

AnimeEp.Notes
Great Pretender5 / 23Netflix
Only 1-14 are available
Japan Sinks 202010 / 10Netflix
Finished
The Misfit of Demon King Academy4 / 13Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Monster Girl Doctor6 / 12Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time4 / 12Crunchyroll
1 week delay for Great Philosopher's Version
Rent-A-Girlfriend6 / 12Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 Part 112 / 13Crunchyroll
On-going Simulcast
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 211 / 11Crunchyroll
Finished
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!6 / 12Funimation
On-going Simulcast

Children Of The Sea
Visually stunning, though I wasnt the biggest fan of the character designs in close up. Gets weird but is a fun ride.

UMAYON! ep 12 (complete)
Life is full of obstacles.
Humerous series of shorts with our favourite horse-girls. One of the better shorts series I've seen.
7/10

Breakwater
ep 12 (complete)
Hook, line, and sinker.
Doga Kobo do it again with another fun SOL series. Every one of the main characters was fun to watch, each with a unique personality that made it hard to choose a favourite.
8/10

Ahiru no Sora episode 49 An expected but sobering conclusion.

DECA-DENCE episode 12 Reborn. (Complete. A solid anime original that engaged me thanks to the plot developments that made good use of the twist early on. The ending worked pretty well too.) 3.5/5

Mr Love: Queen’s Choice
episode 11 Letter.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season episode 37 The consequences of rebirth.

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid (Rewatch) episodes 5-13, OVA and shorts. (Complete. Still a charming series and Tohru and Kobayashi’s bond is still as endearing as ever, though the gags relating to Lucoa and Shouta or Riko still consistently missed their mark. That being said, I’m forward to season two!) 3.5/5

Finished re-watching Samurai 7 the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Really great characters who show a lot of development and growth, cool setting and and a truly reprehensible villain who you just can't wait to see get his just desserts. It has one of those finales where you've grown very attached to the characters and are just hoping against hope that when things get intense your favourite character doesn't die!
Going to get back to watching some much more old school stuff next I think.

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 24 Breakout. (Complete. A decent second season but overall still a series that could be stronger in some aspects.) 3.5/5

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED
episode 11 (Complete. A solid premise executed pretty well with a story featuring some interesting characters and schemes.) 3.5/5

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V & VI OVAs
Finally finishing up the Origin storyline as the start of a MSG marathon of sorts. Like the preceding OVAs these form an engaging precursor to the story that started it all back in 1979. 4/5

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense (English Dub) Episode 11

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax Episode 12 Together until the very end. (Complete. A satifying conclusion and another decent season from start to finish with more of the same. Overall this show has been one of my favourite rom-com animes in recent years.) 3.5/5

No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 24 (Complete. Dystopian action with a decent cast of characters. Some aspects of this show almost made it feel like I was watching a Ergo Proxy-GITS crossover.) 3.5/5

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Episode 37 Repercussions of being reborn.

Back