Your viewing journal

Ahiru no Sora episode 48 Unlikely miracles?

DECA-DENCE episode 11 Core.

Mr Love: Queen’s Choice episode 10 Fall.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season episode 36 Over and over.

Maria Watches Over Us 3rd OVAs 1-5 & shorts. (Complete. The strongest season so far thanks to some enjoyable storylines that benefited from the 50 minute format.) 4/5

Magic Knight Rayearth OVA
Dark and gritty remake. Its very different and I preferred the series but I still enjoyed it a lot.

Domestic Girlfriend
Dramatic to say the least. Enjoyed it a lot. Given what if heard about the premise I thought it was going to be a silly comedy so for it to turn out to be a full on emotionally complex drama was a surprise but a welcome one. Sure it has it's fair share of contrived situations but its still a good watch.

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 23 Sonic and trigger

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED episode 10 PlayStation controller lasers.

Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 episodes 1-13 & Shorts (Complete. This final season mainly focuses on Yumi and Toko’s friendship. Toko came across as meddlesome in their early appearances but is fleshed out more here as a more tragic backstory emerges.

Overall, this series has been a solid viewing experience, handling its melodrama well for the most part and providing some engaging character studies. A recommended purchase if you can get a good price for the Blu Ray collection.) 3.5/5

Lupin III: Part 2 ep16-17 (English dub)

Maybe not the most cleverly written, but 16 stood out as being a bit darker than usual - no elaborate heist, just a simple stick up to grab a large amount of cash, and the villain meeting a rather nasty end offscreen.

Laid Back Camp ep5-6 (rewatch)

It struck me this time that CR translated Yakitori as ‘chicken skewers’, rather than just leaving it as the name of the dish. Not that I’m complaining, it just makes me curious about where the translators draw the line with these kind of things.

Blue Comet SPT Layzner - Episodes 3 - 7 (Blu-ray)

A really good run of episodes and watching episode 5 again it is still one of my favourite episodes of 80's TV mecha and is suitable dark for this period of mecha anime. Watching it again I'm reminded of just how good the first half of Layzner is.

Due to various reasons I haven't watched anything for a week! So time to start the catch up:
DECA-DENCE ep 11
Bug in the system.

Balance: UNLIMITED ep 10
Tadaima.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 11
A threat revealed.

No Guns Life s2 e11
Take control of your own destiny.

APPARE-RANMAN! ep 12
High noon.

Breakwater ep 11
Coming up empty handed.

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (English Dub) Episode 16 - 18

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! (English Dub) Episode 2

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 24

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 36 Joker.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 12 Like father, like son and the grand plan.

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 11 Confidence boost.

Super HxEros Episode 11 Disbanded and Fireworks.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 11 Cliffhanger.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 24 Mass.

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 12 Showdown team ups.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 36 Pulling punches

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 11 Climbing and costumes.

Mystery Men (Film) A fun superhero parody film with a solid cast.

Marriage of God & Soul Godannar!! episodes 1-17

Finished Hell Girl Season 1 and I think I'm now on episode 20 of My Love Story!!, both are great I was actually really impressed by how HG developed over the first season and I'm gonna definitely at least try watching Season 2, I really want to see more of the world and characters. I'm really enjoying My Love Story!! as well, I am aware of the more common criticisms made of it as a series and having watched most of it I don't think they are entirely accurate/fair and at any rate, I am having a whale of a time with the series it's so fun and cute and romantic and it cracks me up XD Nice to watch two such contrasting shoujo series at the same time as well! I'm not sure what I'll watch next but I would like to watch something else from my current physical disc anime backlog... I'm gonna make a list of all the titles which I may post here for the curious.

Revue Starlight
Takes more than a little inspiration from Utena in terms of aesthetic and style and story patterns but manages to weave an original if wierd story with a fun, varied and interesting cast that makes for an engaging watch.

Ground Control To Psychoelectric Girl
Mostly dialogue, no dub, quick cuts and interesting camera work. Yes this is unmistakably a Shaft show. Whilst I enjoyed it, and it's a gentle watch, it is missing a spark their work usually has.

Ninja Collection ep 9
Another creepy one, but seems to be one where you need to know your Japanese folklore as I'm not sure why what happened happened.

UMAYON ep 11
Speedy attack.

SAO Alicization: War of Underworld s2 eps 10 & 11 (complete)
WTH was that ending. I assume from the text crawl it sets up the next (final?) arc.
The season as whole picked up from where the first left over and was pretty fun to watch with the fights, but then Jesus-kun awoke and transformed into Super Jesus-kun and it was all over in a flash and though the fights were still pretty spectacular it was all very predictable. There was more and more IRL stuff which was a bit dull, especially the last 2 episodes. At the end of all that all it seemed to have done was turn a virtual waifu for Kirito into another member of his IRL harem (albeit a steel one 😄)
7/10

Lapis Re:LiGHTs
ep 12
Sing for the world.
Pretty cool first half with the performances and the action elsewhere. The second half with the reveal of why the sister was so against Tiara going to the school was moving, but also on the grand scheme of things a fairly minor reason. Also after the grandness of the first half, it was a bit of a quiet end. I thought that it would finish with a performance of the OP in some spectacular final effort to win the battle by the groups coming together as one super group as it's sung by members from all the different groups.
Overall it was a fun show with some fun characters, but quite a fluffy show until near the end. The songs were all pretty good and the cgi for the performances was mostly pretty good too, though some were better than others in not looking too cg.
7/10

Last edited:
Back