Your viewing journal

DanMachi: Sword Oratoria eps 10-12
I wouldn't say the ending was fantastic as questions are left unanswered. The "answer Eis seeks" wasn't really answered, it seems it was just a trap and the big boss is really just a sub-boss of something deeper. But it was pretty spectacular with all the party pulling together to fight the enemy.
I lliked the main characters and their interactions much better than the main series MCs. One of those where I'm split between 7 & 8, but just my futile attempt at boosting the MAL score (how is this lower than the first season?) I'll go for the 8!
8/10

Umayon
ep 4
Uma Musume x Revue Starlight

Re:ZERO s2 e4
Confronting the past.

Gibiate ep 3
New arrival.

DECA-DENCE ep 4
First battle.

Breakwater ep 4
Shopping and sashimi.

Pumpkin Scissors
Very good. Horrors of living in a corrupt post war world. Character designs and mix of personalities are really good. The themes of poverty, dignity, oppression are well realised. Our main characters being on opposite sides of the coin but still allies. One a noble with lofty ideals and the other a commoner turned into a brutal war machine who's both haunted and haunting as we can see in this shot from the OP:
20200729_195618.jpg

how is this lower than the first season?
I couldn't agree more.

Busou Shinki episodes 9 to 13 (complete)

An interesting series, although the character design for Rihito(Master) wasn't so detailed as the design for the little ones. Nice bit of action scenes

Ahiru no Sora episode 41 Hopefully the final stretch makes for a good conclusion.

DECA-DENCE episode 4 A reason to fight.

Mr Love: Queen’s Choice episode 3 Pudding.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season episode 29 Back to life, back to reality?

Heavy Object episodes 5-16

Sure do seem to be watching a lot of 'brain in neutral' action shows lately.

Fate / Apocrypha ep1-2

Yu Yu Hakusho ep7-8

Lupin III: Part 2 ep4-5

God of Highschool ep3-4

I miss Crunchyroll's picture in picture mode for their iOS app, really hope they bring that back soon.

Ride Your Wave
Watched it tonight as part of the ScreenAnime watch along. It is so so good. Great animation. Really heartfelt story(its petty emotional at times) Spectacular ending. Great Yuasa animation. Massively reccomend it.

Hidamari Sketch Specials episodes 1-2 (End)
More shenanigans at the Hidamari Apartments

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Rikka Version Film
Fun recap before starting the second season

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 16 Copy of A.

The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED episode 3 Another return from the last season.

Heavy Object episodes 17-24 (Complete. Some solid mecha fighting and a set of action-packed arcs. However, the fan service interjected throughout felt out of place and the final two episodes were disappointing, utilising a trope I dislike. A solid anime with a few flaws here and there.) 3.5/5

Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet
In preparation for watching the redone POTD animation I thought I’d revisit Hartnell’s final story and it’s pretty solid throughout even though it’s clear they had to rewrite around Hartnell’s illness-something discussed in the making of documentary.

Last edited:
The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax Episode 4 Disaster strikes.

No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 16 Synchronized.

Amanchu 1-2 I think I have a habit of using this thread to talk about shows I'm not really enjoying. This is from the Mystery box and I've only seen the first two epsiodes but I'm not really digging it. It was just dull honestly and the characters were just unlikable and not funny in any capacity so think I might drop this one.

APPARE-RANMAN ep 5
And they're, finally, off!

Balance: UNLIMITED ep 3
Internet wannabe.

No Guns Life s2 e4
Family reunion.

Fire Force s2 e5
Rock and Roll!

Rent-A-Girlfriend! ep 4
Breaking up is hard to do.

The Wind Rises (sub)
In prep for tomorrow as I realised I'm going to be pretty busy with work and then my team in the FA Cup Final. So I'll have about 2 hours between them (Ironically too short a time to actually watch it) to write my post in the Simulwatch thread.

Ep 3 of The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED...so glad this is back
Eps 4 & 5 of Fire Force season 2...can't wait for this fifth pillar stuff to be over as i really didn't like her in the manga

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 17 The power to save lives.

Fire Force 2nd Season Episode 29 Putting a plan in motion.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 5 A rivalry reborn.

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 4 Backstories and bust-up.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Episode 29 Facing the past.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 4 A day off.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 17 Kuroko gets their time to shine.

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 5 Eve of the race.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 12 The conclusion draws near.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 29 All in the timing.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 4 A slight sense of progression with the core relationship this week.

Hi-Score Girl II episodes 16-24 (Complete. A solid continuation that managed to balance out the romantic elements with the retro games nostalgia appeal.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Yuyushiki episodes 1-12 (End)
I envy people who have the energy to watch a whole series in a day. It's good Kirara but I would've had a better experience watching the series over a few days instead of Crunchyroll giving me a day's notice of its removal.
I agree, and did the same thing, all 12 episodes yesterday. I feel more comfortable spreading it out over a few days..

Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai-rewatching this now that I that I have decent subtitles. This is a fantastic show as far as I'm concerned. The movie is very sad in places but an excellent sequel to the series.

Last edited:
Back