Your viewing journal

Rent-A-Girlfriend ep 1
Well that was a fun first episode. I like our 2 MCs as well. Good start.

Fire Force s2 e2
Inner conflict.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out ep 1
Like Takagi-san without any of the charm whatsoever. Uzaki's design is weird as well, she's apparently 19, but looks like a loli with huge breasts! Might not make it beyond 3 episodes.

Super HxEROs ep 2 ("Uncensored")
Recruitment.
I started watching on Funi and the first 2 scenes had censoring so I switched to the "uncensored" version and it turned out the censoring was only covering bra's! And then the "uncensored" version was still censored when it came to the really cultured stuff unlike IR.

I can't say I've ever actually read any opinion of Gungrave before, but I'd have to guess that the criticism probably comes from the fact that the Brandon and Harry origin story is by far the best part of the series. The present-day stuff just can't hope to match up to it, I don't think.

But yeah, I'm a fan of Gungrave too, on balance.

It's been a bit of a weird time since I last posted so I haven't gotten through much but I'm still watching Cosmic Devil Daikengo (Episodes 5-10) and I've also watched some more Gungrave (Episodes 4-8). Won't say much about Daikengo since it's for Retro Mecha Podcast. As for Gungrave I'm still enjoying it a lot. I agree with you Neil that the Brandon/Harry origin story IS the best part however I still really like the "present" arc with Beyond The Grave and the way the two parts of the story eventually intersect. Also there are some pretty great secondary characters like Bunji Kugashira and Bear Walken.

Also re-watched The Dragon Dentist which I really enjoyed. Just got Anime Limited's Blu ray through the post earlier this week. Finished the whole show (there's only 2 episodes). It fits in so much world building and mythology and a decent story into only 92 mins of run time that it's actually pretty impressive. Nice visuals and designs too, I really like some of the scenes that use limited colour like the introduction of Nonoko after the credits. It's a shame that AL don't seem to have been able to secure the rights to the original short movie from Animator Expo as that would have been a nice special feature for the disc.

Haven't found time for any more X- Bomber but I'll get back to it.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 9 Playing the fool.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 26 Synched with anger.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 1 Looks to be fairly easy-going and fun...with a dose of fanservicey antics.

Den-noh Coil episodes 3-26 (Complete. An intriguing slow-burning sci-fi mystery with some unique concepts and ideas centring around a likeable and flawed cast. Though the first half gives way to more episodic adventures as the story progresses more is learnt and the darker side of the world’s technology is peeled back. The OP is great too.) 4/5

Also there are some pretty great secondary characters like Bunji Kugashira and Bear Walken.
I'd forgotten about them, actually. You're absolutely right; they've got very good story payoffs. Also, Bunji is voiced in Japanese by Fumihiko Tachiki (Gendo in Evangelion), so that's an automatic win for me.

I still really like the "present" arc with Beyond The Grave
This is maybe a bit of a weird question, but... 😅
Did you ever find it a bit unintentionally kinky that Dr. Tokioka dressed Brandon up as a cowboy when he brought him back to life?

(A quick shout-out as well for there being a character named Bob Poundmax. He sounds like a one-man discount store! 😆)

Also re-watched The Dragon Dentist which I really enjoyed. Just got Anime Limited's Blu ray through the post earlier this week.
Do you mind if I ask if you pre-ordered it, dude? I did, but two weeks after I received the dispatch email the actual item hasn't arrived. ☹

It's a shame that AL don't seem to have been able to secure the rights to the original short movie from Animator Expo
If my understanding is correct, the Japanese Blu-ray release of The Dragon Dentist actually includes the complete set of Animator Expo shorts (bar two) as an extra!

The Girl In Twilight
This was pretty great actually. Started ok but by the end had really developed into something very engaging. The theme of having to be honest with oneself before you can feel (grief) and then be honest with and to those around you was explored really well. Especially in the last 2 episodes.

Kiki's Delivery Service
Charming little film. Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Genocidal Organ
This film is so good. Saw it back when it got a cinema screening but this is the first time since so had forgotten alot. A really cerebral action film that's got some nice original touches and looks great!

The Girl In Twilight
This was pretty great actually. Started ok but by the end had really developed into something very engaging. The theme of having to be honest with oneself before you can feel (grief) and then be honest with and to those around you was explored really well. Especially in the last 2 episodes.
I reviewed this for the site back in March, great to see some appreciation for a series that admittedly flew under the radar for me when it was airing.

Last edited:
Mob Psycho 100 rewatch
Amazing show and just as good as the first time I watched. Cant wait to see season 2.
I saw Mob Psycho 100 for the very first time just recently, and it was 💥✨🌟💨💀🗯🔥.
(I really don't know how else to put it. 😁)

It's absolutely one of the best things I've ever watched.

100 out of 10. (And yes, roll on that season 2 BD.)

I saw Mob Psycho 100 for the very first time just recently, and it was 💥✨🌟💨💀🗯🔥.
(I really don't know how else to put it. 😁)

It's absolutely one of the best things I've ever watched.

100 out of 10. (And yes, roll on that season 2 BD.)
Haha yeah its so good. And so original! Reigan is amazing. Cant wait to see s2!

Monogatari_-_Ougi_1.gif

Owarimonogatari Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13 (Shinobu Mail Parts 4-6) (Completed)
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Part 2 Ep. 1)

No.Anime NameTypeContentNotes
#01FreezingTV Series12 / 12
OVA/Specials: 6 / 6
Uncensored BDs
#02Freezing VibrationTV Series0 / 12Uncensored BDs
#03Higurashi: When They Cry
(Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
TV Series0 / 26
#04KoyomimonogatariONA Series0 / 12
#05Owarimonogatari Season 1TV Series13 / 13 (+3)
#06The Testament of Sister New Devil
(Shinmai Maou no Testament)
TV Series12 / 12
OVA: 1 / 1
Specials: 6 / 6
Uncensored BDs
#07The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst
(Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst)
TV Series10 / 10
OVA: 1 / 1
Specials: 6 / 6
Uncensored BDs

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 2
Quack, quack, oops.

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2 ep 1
New arrivals.

Millennium Actress (rewatch, dub)

Last edited:
Brand New Animal episode 6

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch]813
Princess Connect! Re: DIVE613
Brand New Animal612
Japan Sinks 2020110
A Place Further than the Universe [Rewatch]013
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! [Rewatch]013
22/7012
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Second Season012
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!012
The Rolling Girls012

Infinite Stratos episodes 8 to 12 plus OVA

Still very much harem style, with added fan service with swimsuits in one of the episodes. Bit of action thrown into the mix as well

July 9th - 11th.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 13

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (English Dub) Episode 9

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (English Dub) Episode 9

Fire Force 2nd Season Episode 26 Internal conflict.

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 2 A wild goose chase.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax Episode 1 Thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons, so hopefully this season can do the same.

No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 13 I'm liking that new ending.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 1 The "Culture" is strong with this one. At least the "uncensored" version delivered on the cultured stuff.

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 1 So far so good. I'm quite curious to see how this unfolds.

Super HxEros Episode 2 A new team member. Lbh the fog censorship is rather pointless imo.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Episode 13 Joing the fray.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 2 Getting schooled.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 1 Seems pretty decent enough, though it does remind me of Takagi-san in ways. Some very convenient "emphasising" product placement on hana's shirt. A few film nods to Avengers, Star Wars and The Godfather. Also.... WTF was up with the cat.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 2 “No luck catching them ducks, then?” “It’s just the one duck, actually”.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episode 2 A new teammate.

DEVILS’ LINE episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. I liked the concepts explored in this series and the conflicts of Anzai as a half-devil drove much of my intrigue for the series. I am interested in checking out the source material to see where the story goes.) 3.5/5

Di Gi Charat
episodes 1-16 & Various Specials (Complete. The 16 episodes were too short to make much impact, with half the runtimes being the credits. Thankfully, the specials were longer and had some time to breathe and be cutesy and fun. The Winter Garden spin-off was very different as well.) 2.5/5 (TV) 3/5 (Specials)

My Neighbour Totoro
Fun film. I'd forgotten just how weird it is.

.Hack//Quantum
Fun little show. Well worth the clearance sale price!

Back