Your viewing journal

Demon Lord, Retry! (Rewatch on Blu-ray) Episode 1-12 (Complete. Upon rewatch this still remains a fun fantasy series, just a shame it wasn't better. The commentary by the dub cast members was pretty hilarious to listen to also.) 3/5

Ghost Sweeper Mikami ep3-4

The fanservice has eased off a bit now, thankfully.

Gal & Dino ep7

I'd forgotten this was the last episode completed before hiatus due to the outbreak, that's rather sobering.

Brand New Animal ep3-4 (English Dub)

Thus far at least, I think this show is badly written (fight me), but I do want to support these kind of Netflix-backed productions in the hope of prolonging the bubble, so I'll stick with it for now at least.

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 22-24 (Completed)
Plunderer (Japanese audio) - Episodes 22-24 (Completed)

That's my simulcast backlog now sorted (Blade of the Immortal was from Autumn to Winter seasons and Plunderer was from Winter to Spring seasons).

The God of High School ep 1
Cuts pretty much straight to the chase by starting the tournament after half an episode in which we get a quick introduction to our characters in scenes with plenty of over the top Shounen action.

Perfect Blue (dub, rewatch)

The_Testament_of_Sister_New_Devil_-_3.gif

The Testament of Sister New Devil (Japanese audio) - Uncensored Episodes 1-4

No.Anime NameTypeContentNotes
#01FreezingTV Series0 / 12Uncensored BDs
#02Freezing VibrationTV Series0 / 12Uncensored BDs
#03Higurashi: When They Cry
(Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
TV Series0 / 26
#04Owarimonogatari Season 1TV Series0 / 13
#05The Testament of Sister New Devil
(Shinmai Maou no Testament)
TV Series4 / 12 (+4)
OVA: 0 / 1
Uncensored BDs
#06The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst
(Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst)
TV Series0 / 10
Uncensored BDs

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 39 Beg.

The God of High School episode 1 This looks to be OTT fun.

City Hunter ‘91 episodes 5-13 (Complete. The stronger of the two shorter seasons thanks to some very good storylines. Once again I’m not a fan of the Mokkori-themed humour but when the stories were more serious, the series hit some solid emotional beats.) 4/5

City Hunter: The Secret Service (Special)
A story driven by familial bonds but with some signature City Hunter tropes and political espionage thrown in too. 3.5/5

Freezing (Japanese audio) - Uncensored Episodes 1-5
The Testament of Sister New Devil (Japanese audio) - Uncensored Episodes 5-9

No.Anime NameTypeContentNotes
#01FreezingTV Series5 / 12 (+5)Uncensored BDs
#02Freezing VibrationTV Series0 / 12Uncensored BDs
#03Higurashi: When They Cry
(Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
TV Series0 / 26
#04Owarimonogatari Season 1TV Series0 / 13
#05The Testament of Sister New Devil
(Shinmai Maou no Testament)
TV Series9 / 12 (+5)
Uncensored BDs
#06The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst
(Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst)
TV Series0 / 10
Uncensored BDs

Fruits Basket s2 e14
Keep on struggling!

Umayon ep 1
Quick fire test.
Spe-chan and friends from Uma Musume are back for a season of short comedic episodes.

Black Clover episode 133 Another series back from a break.

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season episode 13 I recall the first season of this was decent if nothing too special so hopefully this one can improve upon itself.

UMAYON episode 1 Looks to be a series comprising of shorts, nice to see this world again even in short form but a full length season in the future would be nice.

City Hunter: Goodbye my Sweetheart (Special) I have a soft spots for plots involving runaway trains, (must have something to do with me religiously watching that Monorail-themed Thunderbirds episode as a child), so this was quite enjoyable for me. 3.5/5

City Hunter: The Death of Vicious Criminal Saeba Ryo (Special)
A fun story wherein Ryo ends up on the run as he and Kaori try and assist a client. I believe this is the last special outside of the Shinjuku Private Eyes film that came out more recently. I’ll wait on that one for now. 3.5/5

Classroom of the Elite
episodes 1-12 (Complete. Some interesting set up to a bigger story, though certain aspects of the characters and plot didn’t do much for me. I did find the tactics and hierarchy going on within the academy fairly intriguing though, so maybe I’ll seek out the LN at some point.) 3/5

Lupin III Part 1 - Episodes 1 - 9

I picked up the Discotek set earlier in the year and wasn't planning on watching it just yet but after watching The Castle of Cagliostro it felt a good time to go back to the beginning. It's a great show with an easy charm about it but there is this underlying, and I can't think of a better word to describe it, seediness with it and along with a feeling of routing for the bad buys sometimes as well that perfectly balances with it's charisma. Hard to believe it'll be 50 years old next year, the animation still holds up really well and it looks really nice in places, must have been mind-blowing in 1971!

Cosmic Devil Daikengo - Episodes 10 & 11

Yeah, that first block of Lupin episodes are much closer in tone to the original manga - the change once Miyazaki and Takahata came on board is like day and night.

Back