Your viewing journal

A Certain Scientific Railgun - Episodes 1-8

Love is War Season 2 - Episodes 1-2

Revue Starlight - Episodes 7-12 [Completed Score 7/10)

Little Witch Academia - Episodes 19-25 [Completed Score 10/10]

BNA (dub) eps 1-4
Quite action packed for the first 3 episodes with the 4th taking a bit of a breather. Michiru has an intriguing backstory as to how she became a Tanuki (I wonder if it was a knowing joke by Trigger to have her call herself a Raccoon before she was corrected seeing how many times Tanuki (Raccoon Dog) have been mistranslated as Raccoon! Seems some shady things have been happening with the company that helped set up Anima City.

Fire Force s2 e1
Unfashionable!

SUPER HxEROs ep 1
sEXTERMINATE!
Seems like it's going to be absolute trash.
I may have to find an uncensored version 😏

Serial Experiments Lain (dub) ep 1
Blood on the wire.

June 30th - July 3rd.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 12

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (English Dub) Episode 8

Fire Force 2nd Season Episode 25 Poor fashion sense. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this season unfolds and judging by how good the animation looked, things are looking promising.

Super HxEros Episode 1 Good clean pervy trash.

The World God Only Knows Season's 1-3 Episode 3-36 (Complete. As a harem anime, this for me is definitely one of the more unique ones especially when it comes to the story scenario idea. Season 1 was relatively decent but it did have a few issues. Season 2 at least was a step up from the first which successfully manages to tackle the issues that plagued s1 as well as improving upon a crucial area where s1 seriously lacked "character development" which was only made possible by the extended cast which actually helped move the story along. As for season 3, this was by far the strongest out of all three season's that allowed for some rather serious moments to take place especially at the beginning and throughout. Overall this was a really fun series to watch, decent animation and an entire cast of characters that are all likeable in their own way.) 3.5/5

The World God Only Knows OVA's (Complete. A nice set of episodes that focuses on Elsie, Chihiro, Ayumi and Kanon.) 3/5

The World God Only Knows: Tenri Arc (Complete. A double episode OVA that focuses on Keima and Tenri's past which also acts as a prologue that leads into season 3.) 3/5

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12
Plunderer (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6

Finally continuing some shows that I started many months ago. Considering how well I managed to get through the Spring titles in a short amount of time, I'll probably do the same with the Summer season. I do have a lot of backlog for both anime and games (a recap list below) but I'll probably try and do a mix between the two over the coming months.

Catalog Watchlist for StreamingEp.Notes
Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL-12 / 24 (+4)Amazon Prime stream
Plunderer6 / 24 (+3)Funimation stream
#Anime NameEp. Count
TV-01Angelic Layer26
TV-02Aoharu x Machinegun12
TV-03The Asterisk War Season 112
TV-04The Asterisk War Season 212
TV-05Attack on Titan: Junior High12
TV-06Barakamon12
TV-07Chivalry of a Failed Knight12
TV-08Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire12
TV-09Freezing 12
TV-10Freezing Vibration12
TV-11GANGSTA.13
TV-12Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo24
TV-13Gundam Reconguista in G26
TV-14Higurashi: When They Cry25
TV-15Higurashi: When They Cry Kai25
TV-16Hyouka22
TV-17In Another World With My Smartphone12
TV-18K: Return of Kings13
TV-19Kiss Him, Not Me!12
TV-20Kiznaiver12
TV-21Lord Marksman and Vanadis13
TV-22Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 113
TV-23Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 213
TV-24Maoyu12
TV-25Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 125
TV-26Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 225
TV-27Mobile Suit Gundam Wing49
TV-28Nisekoi: False Love Season 212
TV-29Ouran High School Host Club26
TV-30Owarimonogatari13
TV-31Plastic Memories13
TV-32Princess Principal12
TV-33RADIANT21
TV-34SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist12
TV-35Shomin Sample12
TV-36Soul Eater51
TV-37Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side12
TV-38The Testament of Sister New Devil12
TV-39The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst10
TV-40Valvrave the Liberator Season 112
TV-41Valvrave the Liberator Season 212
TV-42Wanna Be the Strongest in the World12
TV-43Yurikuma Arashi12
#Anime Name
MV-01Assassination Classroom the Movie: 365 Days' Time
MV-02Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion the Movie I: Initiation
MV-03Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion the Movie II: Transgression
MV-04Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion the Movie III: Glorification
MV-05Fireworks
MV-06I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
MV-07K: Missing Kings
MV-08A Letter to Momo
MV-09Love Live! The School Idol Movie
MV-10Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
MV-11Mind Game
MV-12Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon
MV-13Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
MV-14Napping Princess
MV-15The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
MV-16No Game No Life Zero
MV-17Princess Arete
#Anime NameEp. Count
OV-01Aoharu x Machinegun1 OVA
OV-02Higurashi: When They Cry Rei5 OVAs
OV-03Hyouka1 OVA
OV-04Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory13 OVAs
OV-05Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz3 OVAs
OV-06Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor4 OVAs
OV-07Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 219926 OVAs
OV-08The Testament of Sister New Devil1 OVA
OV-09The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst1 OVA

Comic Book Artist and His Assistants
Pretty meh to be honest. It does improve as it goes along and we learn more about the girls but the main character is awful and learns nothing. Luckily epsiodes are short.

Mob Psycho 100 rewatch
Amazing show and just as good as the first time I watched. Cant wait to see season 2.

Devil's Line
Starts pretty meh but gets much better as it goes along. Interesting mix of vampires and police crime drama. Can be pretty gratuitous but it fits for the world they've created. Also the OVA is the best epsiode by far but unfortunately it won't make sense unless you watch the series first.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 8 It’s been a while but this is back.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 25 The first season was pretty good so I’m hoping this can impress me.

Chihayafuru 2 episodes 42-50 (Complete. A strong continuation with more wins, losses and lessons learned. I’m curious to see how the third season amps up the tension.) 4/5

Chihayafuru 3
episodes 51-65

Brand New Animal (English dub) ep1-2

This looks amazing, showing great use of colour and texture that give the setting a nice kind of Tim Burton-sequel vibe, but I’m not sure that I’m really feeling the story as yet. Bonus points for what appears to be a nod to Devilman in Michiru’s escape at the start though.

Lupin III: Part 2 (English dub) ep1-2

As we’ve finally got a legitimate stream in the UK thanks to amazon, I thought I’d start going through red jacket again. The dub is pretty good, but I still can‘t quite wrap my head around Richard Epcar as Jigen. I like the guy, but part of my brain just screams ‘BATOU WHY ARE YOU IN THE LUPIN GANG’.

BNA (dub) eps 5-8
Episode 5 is another plot-lite episode and easily the most fun episode, although there were a few tidbits. The others expand on the world and give more hints at what happened to Michiru and why.
The dub is pretty good, but is badly mixed which is something I've noticed before on Netflix. The music is too loud so it's hard to hear the VAs.
Both OP and ED are bangers BTW.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 1
Seems like it'll be a fairly fluffy SOL with girls at a magic school with some musical like parts (like the MC suddenly deciding to sing a song for no particular reason in this episode).

Monster Girl Doctor ep 1
Not as "cultured" as I thought it would be, especially after the first scene. Seems like it'll be pretty average, but fun enough.

Serial Experiments Lain ep 2
Blood on the dancefloor.

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-16
Plunderer (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL-16 / 24 (+4)Amazon Prime stream
Plunderer12 / 24 (+6)Funimation stream

A day of movies for me.

The Dragon Dentist
Excellent little film. Preferred part 1 but both were great. Really liked the animation and the premise was really unique. Overall definitely reccomend it.

Fate Grand Order
Fun film though arguably the premise is better than the resulting film.

The Place Promised In Our Early Days (Spanish dub)
Love this film so much so was fun to watch it in another language. Luckily I know it already as some of the denser sci fi parts were a bit hard to follow. The animation is so stunning though. Its my favourite Shinkai film. His use of light is so so good (in fact theres a few shots which are essentially reused in Your Name) and the character designs feel really unique in anime.

Miss Hokusai
So I had no interest in this film but the DOTW price coupled with having the screenanime discount made me go for the UE. I'm glad I did as I really got into it. It was both like what I expected and nothing like what I expected. I realise that doesnt make sense but I found it really charming, at least to start with and the dramatic part of the story was really well done when it came in.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (English Dub) Episode 8

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 23 (Complete)

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 1 Looks like this will provide some comfy viewing.

Monster Girl Doctor Episode 1 A very good start. Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 1 Making your presence known.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 1 A fantasy-themed academy-based series which could either be interesting or play it safe.

Monster Girl Doctor episode 1 A tipsy snek and a stubborn centaur.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episode 1 Three-second rule.

Chihayafuru 3 episodes 66-74 (Complete. A tense continuation as the tension boils over, tempers fray and the love triangle aspect of the series finally comes to ahead. This was a great watch that sets up some interesting story beats that’ll hopefully make for a solid fourth season whenever it comes about.) 4/5

Chronicles of the Going Home Club
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A decent SoL/Club anime wherein the episodes comprise of multiple shorter segments with multiple gags and parodies scattered throughout. A nice little breather anime.) 3.5/5

City Hunter: .357 Magnum (Film)
This had a decentish storyline but also a bit too much of Ryo’s ecchi antics for my liking in the first half. It’s probably the weakest entry into the CH franchise I’ve seen so far, but hopefully the other films/specials will be stronger. 3/5

Last edited:
More movies

Perfect Blue
Excellent film. Thoughts are in the simulwatch thread.

FSN Heaven's Feel 1 Rewatch
Painful pacing of the first half hour aside this is a great film. The animation and the actions scenes are especially good.

FSN Heaven's Feel 2
Really amazing sequel. Dark and brutal. The action is exceptional.

BNA (dub) eps 9-12 (complete)
Even in this relatively down to earth show, we get the Trigger escalation towards the end!
I got the
reason why the 2 human girls got transformed mostly right, but got the motivation of the bad guy wrong, twice! At first I thought he wanted to use the girls DNA to make a drug for himself to become a beastman because they could do some pretty neat transformations, but then it was revealed that he wanted to eliminate all the beastmen by making a drug that changed them to humans. So OK he's an ultra anti-beastman human, but wrong again he was then revealed as a pure beastman and just wanted rid of the mongrels (reminds me of Blade 2, oh and the MAL comments just reminded me the reveal itself that the bad guy is part of the repressed group is just like something else Trigger did Promare)
So it was very well written in that regard.
The production was all pretty stella too.
8/10

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-21
Plunderer (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-21

Blade of the Immortal -IMMORTAL-21 / 24 (+5)Amazon Prime stream
Plunderer21 / 24 (+9)Funimation stream

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 155 Dilemmas and rainfall.

City Hunter 3 episodes 1-13 (Complete. A shorter season this time around that felt a bit different from the prior two. The stories were a bit more repetitive and the music wasn’t as memorable either. Hopefully the remaining franchise entries improve upon this as it was still relatively fun, just not as strong as previous seasons.) 3/5

City Hunter: Bay City Wars OVA
A double-length OVA that felt like a step up from CH 3 thanks to elements like better action and an awesome score. 3.5/5

City Hunter: Million Dollar Conspiracy OVA
This story feels like it’s treading some familiar ground with the motivation of the heroine who hires the loveable duo, but still managed to be a decent watch. 3.5/5

City Hunter ‘91
episodes 1-4

Back