Your viewing journal

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 11

In/Spectre (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (English Dub) Episode 6

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 21

Arte Episode 12 A picture is worth a thousand words. (Complete. A renaissance era-based anime focusing on a noblewoman who dreams of becoming an artist and the prejudice scorns and the challenges she faces as a woman in an industry run by men.) 3.5/5

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2nd Season Episode 26 The truth revealed. (Complete. Another solid season and pretty much more of the same from season 1. I hopeful that ending isn't just a tease and we do get a 3rd season.) 3.5/5

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season Episode 23 Looking back and moving forward.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Episode 12 The Friendship ending. (Complete. A different but interesting take on the whole reincarnated-in-game, but with a slight twist. With it's likeable cast of characters, I found this to be more entertaining than it should've been. I'm looking forward to season 2.) 3.5/5

Been distracted by the Saw franchise the past week but I'm back to tackle the backlog (which has seen some new additions thanks to MVM's Manga sale). Will probably do a review of the Saw films in the relevant thread at some point.

Promare
Without a doubt Studio Trigger's best work. It's got the energy we've come to expect from Hiroyuki Imaishi with an all star cast of animators and Sanzigen's fantastic CG work. Promare also features one of Hiroyuki Sawano best soundtracks alongside a fun story and characters from Kazuki Nakashima. This movie was just pure ridiculous fun and had me smiling like an idiot throughout. Galo is a certified Very Good Idiot.

Mobile Suit Gundam episode 21

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO~OHMORI~ Episode 7

Gatchaman Crowds612
Mobile Suit Gundam2142
Promare11
Gonna do another count for remaining titles soon.

Arte episode 12 Return. (Complete. It was nice seeing a different kind of setting for a familiar story of an aspiring artist trying to make it against the odds, with the added burdens of cultural attitudes of the time. The arc that Arte takes, especially their trip to Venice, allowed the story time to breathe and for Arte to develop further as an artist and as a person. A second season would be welcome.) 3.5/5

Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2
episode 26 Memories and mana. (Complete. A strong second season which built upon the previous established story whilst forcing Main to confront some of the consequences associated with the life she now leads. Very much hoping that this will see a continuation one day.) 4/5

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes lead to Doom!
episode 12 Don’t cry all alone. (Complete. A lot of fun and fairly laidback throughout outside of the drama creeping towards the end and references to the real world. Season 2 should be enjoyable.) 3.5/5

Sing “YESTERDAY” For Me
episode 12 Finally putting it right. (Complete. My thoughts on this are a bit mixed though that may be due to not being the biggest fan of love triangles/squares. I stuck with it though, as some characters were more likeable than others and I was curious as to how the story would resolve itself and found the ending to be solid enough. Overall, this may be one to rewatch in the future to get a second opinion for.) 3/5

Bungo Stray Dogs 2
episodes 19-25 (Complete. A stronger season that delves deeper into the darker side of the various conflicts seen throughout BSG.) 4/5

Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple (Film)
A decent film that ramps up the scale of the action, it wasn’t one of the best arcs but still offered some entertaining fights. 3.5/5

Bungo Stray Dogs 3
episodes 26-31

Last edited:
Recently I've been watching the English dub of The Mysterious Cities of Gold (I think I'm on about episode 16) and I'm greatly enjoying it, it's a bit like Nadia the Secret of Blue Water but with more of a focus on the culture of the parts of the world where the story is set, I also started watching Penguin Highway and I have been rewatching FLCL Season 1 (nothing to do with the rewatch thread on this forum, I just felt like it and I'd been meaning to rewatch in HD for the first time for quite a while as it was one of the anime that cemented my love of the medium as a teenager) :)

Wise Man's Grandchild
Really good isekei. I like that twist that the main character has no idea how OP they are. It makes for a different sort of conflict at the start. Also a few choices made, particularly the end if episode 3, really up the stakes of the show and make it much more engrossing.

El Hazard The Wanderers Episodes 21 to 26 (complete)

Not sure what to think of this reimagination of the original series, other than the character names and some aspects its a lot different to the original series, the longer length allowing more character development to take place and some comic relief episodes.

Queens Blade half of episode 1

Turned it off, as I wasn't getting into the story due to the OTT ecchiness, shame as it could potentially be a good storyline concept.

Jyu-Oh-Sei Episodes 1 to 11

A short series which has a few plot twists along the way, good art.

Sing "Yesterday" for Me ep 12 (complete)
Surprise ending.
Seems the reported 18 episodes was a misinterpretation! I was fine was the pace of the show if it was going to be 18, but as it is that ending was rushed as all hell and weird to boot. Talk about a 'ship wreak, things were going so well and then boom rocks, the end!
Art was quite nice and again as a slow SOL drama not too much to judge the animation on, but it was OK.
6/10
one to rewatch
I think more like "one to read the manga of" by the comments I've seen.

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2 ep 12 (complete)
Memories.
A slightly darker second season with Myne stepping, not only, more into the adult world, but also into one where people actively dislike her because of their prejudices. Still she perseveres and continues to solve the problems put before her, but she sometimes needed more than a helping hand from the Head Priest.
Art and animation were the same as the first season.
8/10

Started to check out the Spring season finally.

YyRpXDml.png

Gleipnir (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
It does take a few episodes to properly know what the story is about and while the friendship between the main two is a bit rough, it was pretty entertaining so far. Atm, a decent 7/10.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2
I'm enjoying the series so far and it's quite chill. It does share some resemblances to Konosuba (which Takaomi Kanasaki also directed) but it's lighthearted. I don't expect much of a story or character development so I'm seeing this as a simple slice of life fantasy series.

Tower of God (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
Being honest I thought the first episode was pretty bad. Almost made me drop the show. However, the second episode onwards was much better, was more interesting and I like a lot of the characters. Atm, a decent 8/10.

Bungo Stray Dogs 3 episodes 32-37 (Complete. Another strong season that explored the past and present as the story comes to ahead with a climax that kept itself interesting throughout. I’m finally up to date with this series and am keen to see what happens next.) 4/5

Ascendance of a Bookworm ep.26-I thoroughly enjoyed this anime even though the ending was open-I really hope there will be more of this charming series.

Chu-Bra!! Episode 1-12 (Complete)

Gleipnir Episode 12 Secrets and truths.

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Episode 11 A big reveal.

Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 12 An epic fight & tragedy befalls. (Complete. A stronger season this time around that was pretty much more of the same while also delving into more of the Kagami families past whilst also being able to build upon from where the previous season left off that manages to lead up to a very climatic finale.) 3.5/5

Tower of God episodes 1-4
Also making a start on the Spring season after focusing on the backlog for a while. I agree with what Grav said in that the 1st episode is pretty messy but does get better afterwards. A lot of fun characters and designs in this one

Wave, Listen to Me ep9-11

The sound effect guys are great, but they've got such a specific look that I feel like they must be modelled on real-life figures...

Back