Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 36 Unrequited.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 11 Fixing up.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 10 Self-destruction and signs of change?

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 episodes 1-12

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 24 & 25 (Complete)

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 36 Unreciprocated.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Episode 11 Social distance shadowing.

Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 11 Engulfed.

Wave, Listen to Me ep8

My Next Life as a Villainess ep1-2 (English dub)

Wasn't going to bother with this one, as I didn't think I'd like it, but it's surprisingly good fun.

I watched all of Gundam 0080 on DVD and the AL 0083 blu-ray a while ago, now I'm onto the new Fullmetal Alchemist set!

I haven't watched this show since it first aired, both parts of the set arrived on June 1st, when I'm not sure the release date was that early, but a nice surprise, finished episode 12 last night.

Kaleido Star Episodes 27 to 33

New characters introduced after a small time jump from the end of the first season, episodes 27 & 28 being recap episodes.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 episodes 13-26 (Complete. Different from the OVAs but still enjoyable in its own way. I find this universe and seeing the boomer-related conflicts unfold rather fascinating from a story perspective. The cast here are fun to watch, with the central protagonist focus shifting partway through the series and a more overarching story coming into play.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Kaleido Star Episodes 34 to 38

Only 5 episodes tonight due to a power cut due to a passing thunderstorm. I can predict which way the next episode will go.

Plunderer Episode 23 War of words.

Tamayomi: The Baseball Girls Episode 12 Major upset. (Complete. A fun and fairly decent CGDCT sports series with just the right amount of sporting action throughout that made for some wholesome viewing. The entire cast of characters are all really likeable too.) 3.5/5

Tower of God Episode 12 Betryals galore.

Ahiru no Sora episode 36 New start.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 12 Quite the result. (Complete. This wasn’t exactly one of the best sports anime I’ve seen or anything but it was entertaining enough each week and the characters were fairly likeable too.) 3/5

Tower of God
episode 12 Turning the tables?

The Blues Brothers (Film) They’re on a mission from God, now in 4K.

Doctor Who: The Awakening A two-parter and a highlight from Season 21. I wish it was an episode or two longer as I quite liked the concepts it explores.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - BNW no Chika (Special) eps 1-3 (complete)
Fun extra story from this franchise focusing on 3 senpai of the girls from the original show who have to regain their confidence after a defeat. The race to do that in has to be organised by Spe-chan and her team mates for the school festival.
The technical side is just as good as I remember from the series apart from a few stills here and there.
7/10

Finished Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! last night (got through Episodes 6-12 over the last week or so) I thoroughly enjoyed it. Might have to check out the manga. I love the way it trails off into Asakusa and Mizusaki's imaginations as they come up with ideas and explore the worlds they've created. It's quite funny in places too and both Asakusa and Kanamori's antics are worth watching it for alone. Actually this is the first 2020 anime that I've watched this year.

Also watched the rest of Golden Boy. It may not be to everyone's tastes but I've always enjoyed it for what it is, a silly light hearted romp with some good laugh out loud moments. Some people might find its peverted sense of humour and the character of Kintaro a bit questionable but it feels less sleazy than some of the Ecchi stuff out there.

Last edited:
Love Live Sunshine
A part of me feels like I shouldn't be into idol shows but I love shows like this! Even though they have ups and downs, cries of joy, of sadness, cheers and tears theres something so positive and hopeful about them. And in days like the ones we currently live in, it's especially nice to watch a show like this.

Kaleido Star Episodes 39 to 47

Well well well my guess for episode 39 turned out that the routine would be stolen. More ups and downs (and spinning around) as it leads to the final few episodes

Kakushigoto episode 12 In the present. (Complete. An endearing series about the bond between a mangaka father and his innocent and inquisitive daughter. Throw in some interesting narrative Choices like the flash-forwards with Hime and a likeable supporting cast and you have one of the seasonal highlights.) 3.5/5

The 8th Son? Are you Kidding Me?
episode 12 Final fight. (Complete. A solid ascension-based isekai that manages to avoid becoming too bland but doesn’t really elevate itself above other offerings in the genre.) 3/5

The Mad Fox (Film)
I am reviewing this for the site, it’s quite the visual treat and is impressive from a technical and stylistic perspective too.

Bungo Stray Dogs episodes 1-6

Back