Your viewing journal

Re:ZERO Director's Cut eps 11-13 (complete)
The last part was a bit better, but even after Subaru realised he was being a complete moron he still was annoying in other ways, maybe just the way he has to shout a lot.
Overall there's just so much lacking, after the equivalent of 31 normal length episodes we still don't really know much more than what we learned in the first arc. Also the world building isn't the best and a lot of the characters are lacking in backstory and some also in motivation and some, especially the main 3 (in screen time), are just not great characters full stop. I've talked plenty about Subaru, but Emilia was pretty dull and I don't really know why she wants to go through the hassle of what she wants to do if people hate her so, maybe it's something to do with Roswell taking her in, but again that remains unexplained, and Rem is basically just an otaku's wet dream and thus why so popular, her character was all over the place in the second arc, but after that she was completely subservient to Subaru (ie the reader/viewer), but also she was a kick-ass demon who slaughtered his foes for him, but then still need rescuing afterwards (I mean she is cute and voiced by Inori Minase, but really not my type in terms of female characters). That cliffhanger in the new 4 minute post-credit scene was intriguing, but I'm not sure if I'm going to watch season 2 or not.
The production side was pretty good, but the banding was awful, not the makers fault though I guess, but Crunchyroll's?
6/10

Ahiru no Sora episode 35 Orange punk and pushing on.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 11 Tensions rise.

Tower of God episode 11 The underwater Menace.

BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo episodes 59-71

Claymore episodes 18-20

Dorohedoro episode 12 (End)
A bizarre ride of a series with an oddly engaging cast of characters. Really love the worldbuilding and aesthetic of the world which is helped by Shinji Kimura's fantastic art direction. Would love to see a second season.

Given Yuichiro Hayashi's work on this and Kakegurui as one of MAPPA's more notable directors I think he's a good choice for Attack on Titan's final season.

Tsukimonogatari episodes 1-4 (End)
One of the more disappointing arcs

Claymore2026
Tsukimonogatari44
Gatchaman Crowds612
RahXephon: The Motion Picture01
Mobile Suit Gundam2042
Hal01
Lucky Star024
Guilty Crown1822
Remaining Series - 59
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 9

Last edited:
El Hazard: The Magnificent World episodes 1 to 7 (complete)

A nice short series from the 90s (can tell with some of the animation), leaves the story open for the next series.
If you really like it you should get the japanese bluray boxset-the video quality improvement over the dvds is like night vs. day+it has the great english dub.

Getting back to clearing my HiDive queue:
Just Because! eps 1-4 (dub)
A fairly chill SOL show about awkward high school romance. Although things heated up a little at the end of ep 4. Most of the characters are likable, but I'm not sure I'd particularly ship any of the main 5 (2 boys, 3 girls).

Guilty Crown episodes 19-22 (End)
Quite an entertaining watch to see this trainwreck somehow get worse with each episode. Despite its flaws there's some pretty cool concepts here and there and Hiroyuki Sawano's music is great as always.

Claymore episodes 21-22

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO~OHMORI~ episode 6

Claymore2226
Gatchaman Crowds612
Mobile Suit Gundam2042
Guilty Crown2222
Hal01
Lucky Star024
Remaining Series - 58
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 9

Glass Fleet Episodes 17 to 26 (complete)

Ending was a bit anticlimactic, with random flashbacks to some of the characters to break up the action of the main storyline.

Kakushigoto episode 11 Meetings and the final chapter?

The 8th Son? Are you Kidding Me? episode 11 He ain’t heavy...

The Last Emperor (Film) An epic historical spanning decades as the story follows the rise and fall of the last Emperor of China. The cast and film score were great and the back and forth narrative works fairly well here.

BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo episodes 72-76 (Complete. Utterly bizarre and nonsensical, each episode of BoBoBo runs the gambit of randomness as we follow the zany exploits of the eccentric cast. Both sub and dub worked pretty well too.) 3.5/5

Her Blue Sky-GREAT!!
Kandagawa Jet Girls-tits and ass galore but surprisingly good.
Why The Hell Are You Here,Teacher?-what can I say?
Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka-older series but a good watch.
Sasameki Koto (Whispered Words)-very funny yuri series.

Last edited:
Listeners episode 11 Prince and promise.

Sakura Wars The Animation episode 11 Tragedy.

Wave, Listen to Me! episode 11 New ideas.

Bodacious Space Pirates episodes 1-15

Claymore episodes 23-26 (End)
Character designs took some getting used to but otherwise a pretty good dark fantasy.

Claymore2626
Gatchaman Crowds612
Mobile Suit Gundam2042
Hal01
Lucky Star024
Remaining Series - 57
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 9

Last edited:
Back