Your viewing journal

SAC_2045 ep7-8

Nice to see some more character-focused episodes as a little break from the main story, but I definitely feel like the original SAC would have played these darker. Also why the heck is Borma wearing a letterman jacket without a letter on it, that's just wrong.

Gal & Dino ep6

The live-action segments are starting to feel a bit aimless now, I think I only keep up with them because I'm dying to know what the heck happened to Mieharu.

El Hazard 2 - Episodes 1 to 4 (complete)

El Hazard - Alternative World Episodes 1 & 2

Continuing the story from where it left off from the first series

Gatchaman Crowds episodes 1-3
Gatchamaaaaan!
Of course Hajime would be my favourite character. Absolute genki power

MondaysClaymore1426
TuesdaysMonogatari Series: Second Season2328
WednesdaysGatchaman Crowds312
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1642
FridaysAldnoah.Zero 2nd Season312
SaturdaysKämpfer612
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!1224
ExtraGuilty Crown1322
Remaining Series - 63
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 11

Ahiru no Sora episode 33 Reflections and loss.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 9 Keeping confident.

Tower of God episode 9 Betrayals galore.

Sister Street Fighter (Film) The first in Toei’s Karate-centric films series starring Etsuko Shihomi who impressively leads the narrative with a headstrong personality.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage (Rewatch) episodes 13-24 (Complete. A darker season that delves further into the madness that is the “other world” with Rock struggling to find a balance and a place. I won’t be rewatching Roberta’s Blood Trail as I’m not as big of a fan of that arc as the others.) 4.5/5

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episodes 1 - 6 (Blu-ray)

I've always wanted to see Madoka Magica and there still seems to be a fairly constant level of chatter about it so I thought it was about time I saw it, I have to say half way through the series I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

The Cockpit - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

First re-watch ahead of a review on the podcast.

Dorohedoro eps 1-4 (dub)
The central plot is intriguing, as are some of the side plots, but the actual flow of the story is a bit weird with some small jumps in time where there seems to be a scene missing. There's also a load of random s*** out of nowhere, although some of it is amusing, it just adds to the feeling that the flow is off.
Artwise the character designs are quite interesting, apart from Nikaido who seems rather plain. Her animation looks a bit choppy as well, maybe because she's the most human looking it's creating an uncanny valley effect whereas the rest look odd, so my brain does pick out the odd animation. There is some good camera work though.

Dorohedoro episode 1
Didn't find the CG animation as off putting as I was expecting despite clashing with Shinji Kimura's art direction. A pretty wild introduction so this should be fun.

MondaysClaymore1426
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1642
FridaysAldnoah.Zero 2nd Season312
SaturdaysKämpfer612
ExtraGuilty Crown1322
Remaining Series - 63
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 11

Last edited:
Kakushigoto episode 9 More than a Party?

The 8th Son? Are you Kidding Me? episode 9 Keeping to yourself.

Sister Street Fighter: Hanging by a Thread (Film) The first of three sequels and a solid entry into the series that gets going very quickly. There is also a darker and brutal edge to the film that becomes apparent as the big bads come into play.

Bleach (Partial Rewatch) episodes 110-122

Dorohedoro ep1-2 (English dub)

Yeah, I expected to really like this and, funnily enough, I really like it. Between the bouts of extreme violence, it's quite whimsical, and I really appreciate that. I do take D1tchd1gger's point about the scene transitions though - maybe something was censored?

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episodes 1 - 6 (Blu-ray)

I've always wanted to see Madoka Magica and there still seems to be a fairly constant level of chatter about it so I thought it was about time I saw it, I have to say half way through the series I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

Not to be too down on it, because I know it means a lot to some folk and I haven't seen much of it, but I had a similar experience with that one. Admittedly, I was a bit put off due to how much people used to go on about it (take a sip every time someone says 'it's a deconstruction'), but yeah, I don't know. It's fine, I guess? Maybe it means more if you're more versed in typical magical girl tropes, but it just wasn't my thing.

maybe something was censored?
They all seem to be the correct length of episode. I think they just expect you to gather why stuff is happening from watching. Anyway the next batch seemed better on that front.

Dorohedoro eps 5-8 (dub)
Ah the classic anime trope of a random baseball game. And the classic trope in any medium of the only witness dying before they can spill the facts!

Last edited:
El Hazard - Alternative World Episodes 8 to 13 (complete)

Nice ending of the series, ignoring episode 13's OTT fan service. Still got the Wanderers series to watch, but as that is basically an alternative telling of the first series that can wait for the time being.

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 17-18
For real this time

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO~OHMORI~ episode 4

MondaysClaymore1426
ThursdaysAldnoah.Zero 2nd Season312
FridaysMobile Suit Gundam1842
SaturdaysKämpfer612
ExtraGuilty Crown1322
Remaining Series - 63
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 11

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 7 Paint by visuals.

Listeners episode 9 Follow in his footsteps.

Sakura Wars The Animation episode 9 Tragedy unfolds.

Wave, Listen to Me! episode 9 Schrödinger’s debt repayment.

Return of the Sister Street Fighter (Film) The second sequel and shortest of the films so far, the story felt a bit familiar, especially with the vileness of the antagonists but still offered some fun action.

Bleach (Partial Rewatch) episodes 123-127, 138-146

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Heya Camp: Sauna, Rice, and a Three-Wheeled Motorcycle (Special)

Ultimate Otaku Teacher Episode 1-7

Back