Your viewing journal

Shattered Angels Episodes 1 to 12 (complete)

Latest title from my backlog, a fantasy show with some mecha and romance, bit of fan service and good art, but the characters are a bit on the cliche side (Dear Prince) with a story which felt confusing and repeated a bit.

Welcome to the NHK! episodes 9-10

RahXephon episode 21

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season1328
TuesdaysClaymore826
WednesdaysWolf's Rain2226
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1442
FridaysAldnoah.Zero 2nd Season012
SaturdaysKämpfer412
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!1024
ExtraGuilty Crown1122
SimulwatchRahXephon2126
May consider putting a counter here for remaining titles

Assassination Classroom Second Season (Rewatch) episodes 27-47 (Complete. Arguably the stronger of the two seasons thanks to the deeper emotional stakes and the fleshed out backstory for Koro Sensei. The ending worked pretty well too, though the central antagonist was a bit one-note in their portrayal and that fake-out near the end was a bit far-fetched, even for this series.) 4/5

Shachibato! ep 7
Admin and shopping.

Shironeko Project ZERO Chronicle ep 7
This has turned into a SOL show about cooking in the last 2 episodes. It may have happened in the game, but surely if you're making an action oriented show you can cut this stuff out!

Woodpecker Detective's Office ep 6
Got myself a cryin', talkin', sleepin', walkin', livin' doll.

Fruits Basket s2 e7
A bit of a roller-coaster of an episode in terms of emotion.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive ep 7
A shadow of my former self.

Sorcerer Hunters Episodes 1 to 7

An interesting concept for a show (can tell by the animation it is a show of the 90s). Slowly character building with "adventure/baddie of the week" style episodes. Maybe a bit heavy on the fan service side but nothing that over the top

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 32 Delusional highs and Emotional lows.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Episode 7 Overcoming hardships.

Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 7 More bonding.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 32 Cruelty and deep discussion.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 7 A vicious foe.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 6 Just the two of us.

A Thousand And One Nights (Film) An experimental and sexually charged animated feature, I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Not sure it has much rewatchability but it’s quite a curio and predates Felix the Cat as an X-Rated animated feature in the West. I wonder if the recently-discovered English Dub would add to the experience. 3/5

Tokyo Drifter (Film)
Seijun Suzuki’s seminal and jazzy gangster film, I’d actually seen more of his early works thanks to Arrow Video before I’d ever watched this. It’s a great little film with a unique style that carries itself pretty well through the relatively short run time.

Tokyo Drifter (Film) Seijun Suzuki’s seminal and jazzy gangster film, I’d actually seen more of his early works thanks to Arrow Video before I’d ever watched this. It’s a great little film with a unique style that carries itself pretty well through the relatively short run time.

May have mentioned this before, but Branded to Kill is an absolute must see, if you're interested in Suzuki.

Gal & Dino ep2-3

Curious to know how closely this follows the original manga - the first half of each episode seems like a straight up adaptation, whereas the live-action segment feels like something from the deep recesses of the brain, only accessible in a half-remembered dream...

Sorcerer Hunters Episodes 8 to 14

Getting a bit samey with the "adventure of the week" style,
Carrot going after the girls, the transformations into the beast to be tainted by Tira & Chocolate transformating as well

Eight Hours of Terror (Film) Another Seijun Suzuki film, this time from 1957 and Part of the Early Years Volume Two Boxset, This was a decent film with a group of eccentric personalities ending up stuck in a difficult situation with the tension rising as a bus journey goes awry.

Bakuon!! (Rewatch) episodes 1-6

Claymore episodes 9-11

Monogatari Series: Second Season episodes 14-17
Ah I was wondering when a bad arc would show up. It was going so well...

RahXephon episodes 22-23

MondaysMonogatari Series: Second Season1728
TuesdaysClaymore1126
WednesdaysWolf's Rain2226
ThursdaysMobile Suit Gundam1442
FridaysAldnoah.Zero 2nd Season012
SaturdaysKämpfer412
SundaysWelcome to the NHK!1024
ExtraGuilty Crown1122
SimulwatchRahXephon2326
Remaining Series - 58
Remaining Movies - 27
Remaining Other - 12
Oof that's a lot

Sorcerer Hunters Episodes 15 to 17

Seems the standalone episodes has changed with a baddie appearing near the end of episode 17

Ahiru no Sora episode 32 Uncertain outcome.

TAMAYOMI: The Baseball Girls episode 8 Helping each other out.

Tower of God episode 8 Schemes and strategy.

The Sleeping Beast Within (Film) Another Seijun Suzuki offering, this time in the form of a nihilistic noir. The Jazzy score here would play a more prominent role in Suzuki’s later 60s films.

Bakuon!! (Rewatch) episodes 7-12 (Complete. My thoughts on this series haven’t changed since I initially watched it back in 2018, it’s a fun and slightly unique CGDCT anime involving motorbikes that is only hindered by some occasional unnecessary fanservice.) 3.5/5

Back