Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 153 Food for thought.

Yumeiro Pâtissière episodes 46-50 (Complete. Saccarine yet sweet like the culinary delights baked on-screen. I did enjoy this despite some cliches both in story and characters. It felt like the narrative could have used some tightening though but I’m interested to see what the successor season has to offer.) 3.5/5

Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Pretty interesting thanks to the timeskip and different approach to the completions. If I did have a complaint it would be that some characters and jokes were a bit one-note but otherwise this was a solid follow-up.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
First "episode" of Psycho Pass First Inspector as it was released as 3 episodes.
Rewatching Attack on Titan season 1 before I finally watch season 2 and make my way through the series so did 1-6.
Rewatched SAO Ordinal Scale as well as I Want To Eat Your Pancreas and A Silent Voice.

With SAC_2045 coming out Thursday I thought I'd watch some of the original stuff. I was thinking of watching the series in full, but never got round to it so I had to settle for the OVAs.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Laughing Man (dub)
Saw the series way back, but this is the first time I've seen this. Starts off fairly simply gets way too complicated, but is wrapped up quite nicely by the end.
Due to the nature of the production it does seem a little disjointed in places with events seemingly switching without connecting scenes and the scene where the Tachikoma sacrifice themselves is devoid of its emotional impact because they're hardly in it before that point. And that is with an over long run time of 2hrs and 40mins! This is roughly equivalent to 8 episodes after cutting OP/ED, but according to Wikipedia there are 12 "Complex" episodes!
7/10

Remember this? Still need to finish it off. All 3 OVAs were in it, although I watched the Blu-ray from the UE (the ones I brought individually are still wrapped).
Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (x)
Akira (w) Don't own the MFC version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (r)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man - Tachikomatic Days (dub)
Fun short with the Tachikoma trying out voice acting.

Penguin Highway (interesting movie, a bit on the unusual side)

Good Luck Girl, episodes 1 to 13. Interesting series from my backlog, although not one I will be rushing to re-watch. (Unusual chapter set-up on the DVDs which meant you couldn't just skip the chapter with the opening credits as it included a couple minutes of "Act 1", so had to fast forward. Although a minor annoyance, reminded me a bit like some of the earlier Naruto episodes which also had similar chapter timings)

Sword Art Online, Episodes 1 to 3. Another series from my backlog, so far a slow build. (But another title with a slightly annoying chapter set-up, one chapter per episode)

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 28 Brotherly bonding and Dressing up.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Episode 3 A nice nod to Food Wars!

Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 3 What a King really needs.

Ghost In The Shell 2.0-I just had to rewatch this and the reworked (in places) animation-ie-replacing the traditional animation with cg didn't bother me at all. I think it enhanced the movie.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 28 New dress.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 3 A new guild.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 2 Thin walls and even thinner friendships.

Yuyushiki (Rewatch) episodes 1-6

Wolf's Rain episodes 5-6

The Girl in Twilight episodes 1-4
They really won me over by making the main character an idiot. Asuka is Good

Last edited:
Silver Spoon (Rewatch) - Seasons 1 & 2
Had a great time rewatching this charming series about an agricultural high school in Hokkaido. As I said before, has a lot genuine real world educational value while still being very enjoyable fiction with slice of life, romance and drama elements.

Glepinir - Episode 3
Still find the excessive ecchi in this to be tasteless and don't think the setting is particularly original but I was intrigued by the cliffhanger they ended this episode on.

The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED - Episodes 1 & 2
Great music, attractive male leads, unique concept.

Kakushigoto - Episode 3
More wholesome, comedic cuteness.

Wave, Listen to Me! - Episodes 1-3
I always like drama anime involving adult main characters and this had me hooked from the start.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! - Episodes 1-3
Like many others I'm tired of isekai light novel adaptations but this at least brings something unique to the table - a female protagonist reincarnated as the villainess in an otome game that she played during her time on Earth. The first three episodes are set during her childhood in this new world and they have been super cute and fun.

I'm going to be keeping up with a lot of currently airing shows for the next few months. I feel this anime season is the best in some time, but I do wish Crunchyroll had been able to license more shows as their subtitles tend to be better and easier to take in than Funi's.

Gankutsuou episode 23-24 (COMPLETE)
Your Lie in April episode 22 (COMPLETE)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars (film)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New War (film)

Gankutsuou was not bad even in its last episode. It wasn't the masterpiece I looked forward to, but it's definitely satisfying and more than I could ask for in a great anime of epic revenge and love lost. 9/10

Now onto Made in Abyss and the LoGH OVA.

Knights of Sidonia season 1 rewatch and season2

Excellent show. The animation is great, the sound design is exceptional, the music great, the characters fun and varied, the action is incredible, the world and setting is so interesting and original. Really hope we get a season 3.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Individual Eleven (dub)
Again 2hrs 40mns, but felt more cohesive and a better story with better antagonist(s). The art and animation were maybe a tad better as well.
8/10

Guide to the whether it's a 1st time watch or re-watch: (r) = Re-watch; (x) = First time; (w) = Watched in the last year; (na) = Not anime.

Afro Samurai Directors Cut (r)
Afro Samurai Resurrection (x)
Akira (w) Don't own the MFC version
Appleseed (r)
Armageddon (x)
Astroboy: Greatest Astro Adventures (x)
Baldr Force Exe (x)
Blood: The Last Vampire (r)
Black Blood Brothers (x)
Black Jack (x)
Bubblegum Crash (x)
Casshan: Robot Hunter (x)
Danté's Inferno (na)
Dead Leaves (x)
Dead Space: Downfall (na)
Ghost in the Shell (w)
GitS: Innocence (w)
GitS SAC: Laughing Man (x)
GitS SAC: Individual Eleven (x)
GitS SAC: Solid State Society (r)
Golgo 13: The Professional (r)
Heat Guy J (r)
Hellsing Ultimate Vols 1-4 (x)
Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (r)
Ichi (na)
Jyu-Oh-Sei (x)
Kai Doh Maru (r)
Karas: The Prophecy/Revelation (x)
Lupin the III: The Secret of Mamo (x)
Macross Plus (r)
Macross Plus the Movie (x)
Millennium Actress (r)
Naruto the Movie: 1 & 2 (x)
Negima!? Spring & Summer OVAs (x)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth (r)
NGE End of Evangelion (r)
Ninja Scroll (r)
Noein: To Your Other Self (x)
Orguss 2 (x)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (r)
Otogi Zoshi (r)
Perfect Blue (w)
Psychic Wars (x)
Read or Die (r)
She: The Ultimate Weapon (r)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (x)
Space Adventure Cobra (x)
Strait Jacket (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha (x)
Street Fighter: Alpha Generations (x)
Street Fighter: II (x)
Submarine 707 Revolution (x)
Sword for Truth (x)
Tactics (x)
Tokko (r)
Tokyo Underground (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend (r)
Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Demon Womb (r)
Vampire Wars (x)
Virus: Virus Buster Serge (x)
X (x)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Individual Eleven - Tachikomatic Days (dub)
Another fun short as the Tachikoma try to solve a mystery.

Last edited:
Back