Your viewing journal

Gankutsuou episode 4-6
Your Lie in April episode 4-6

Things are starting to heat up. The antagonists for Your Lie have finally showed up. Can't say it's unexpected since these kinds of shows always need some kind of shounen-esque rival to progress the plot.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (English audio) - Episodes 1-7

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#02Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series726
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#05Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#06Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#07Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

Woodpecker Detective's Office ep 1
A friend remembers the adventures he had with his friend in the early 20th century as detectives. Fairly interesting first case.

Shironeko Project ZERO Chronicle ep 2
Stuff happened. Not sure if it'll last much longer.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive ep 2
Meeting a new character.

Fruits Basket s2 e2
Worries about the future.

Your Lie in April episode 4-6

Things are starting to heat up. The antagonists for Your Lie have finally showed up. Can't say it's unexpected since these kinds of shows always need some kind of shounen-esque rival to progress the plot.

Funnily enough, Your Lie in April actually is a shounen!

Funnily enough, Your Lie in April actually is a shounen!
looks up its MAL listing

Oh yes, I see. That is a surprise. It's certainly a very tranquil kind of shounen. But looking back at its simplistic themes suitable for children, it makes more sense now. A lot of its platitudes feel like the kind of stuff shounen characters would spill out.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 27 Future shock.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 2 Sword and tsundere.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 1 More mystery for the season.

You’re Under Arrest! episodes 47-51 & Special (Complete. Quite enjoyable albeit a bit repetitive and lacking a sub option on HiDIVE-the dub was grating in places.) 3.5/5

You’re Under Arrest! Fast & Furious
episodes 1-5

Last edited:
Tower of God - Episode 2
Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War S2 - Episode 1

I wasn't sure about the former after watching the pilot but this second episode has me interested. I don't know where it can go over the course of 13 episodes but so far I rather like everything except the art style and opening visuals.

As for Kaguya, the excellent quality of the first season continues, although I am disappointed that Funimation got this rather than CR as the subs are a fair bit worse. Anyhow, its one of my favourite romcom anime of the last year or so.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes episodes 1-4
Yet again I'm watching another retro series. It's had a great start so far and I've heard a lot of praise for this series so I look forward to the rest. I usually stay away from series with more than 100 episodes but I'll make an exception here.

I'm loving how random my watchlist is at the moment
Screenshot_20200414-011506_Chrome.jpg

Legend of the Galactic Heroes episodes 1-4
Yet again I'm watching another retro series. It's had a great start so far and I've heard a lot of praise for this series so I look forward to the rest. I usually stay away from series with more than 100 episodes but I'll make an exception here.

I've been meaning to get to this. I've seen the two movies, but didn't manage to get into the series. The TV series is on my watchlist after I've finished Gankusuou and Your Lie in April. Hope we'll both enjoy this. I've heard a lot of praise too. This is possibly the last of the highly acclaimed anime classic I've yet to watch, having seen Cowboy Bebop and Mushishi myself.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 27 Future shock.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 2 Sword and tsundere.

Woodpecker Detective’s Office episode 1 More mystery for the season.

You’re Under Arrest! episodes 47-51 & Special (Complete. Quite enjoyable albeit a bit repetitive and lacking a sub option on HiDIVE-the dub was grating in places. I think Sentai own the rights so maybe one day it’ll get a Blu Ray or SDBD release.) 3.5/5

You’re Under Arrest! Fast & Furious
episodes 1-5

Actually Sentai only has the rights to Fast & Furious-the originial series was licensed by Animeigo and since they lost the rights about 9 years ago it hasn't been re-licensed.

Actually Sentai only has the rights to Fast & Furious-the originial series was licensed by Animeigo and since they lost the rights about 9 years ago it hasn't been re-licensed.
Hmm curious as to how HiDIVE ended up with the original series then.

One Piece ep397-421 (col 17) rewatch
Gave this a rewatch before starting new episodes. Eps 404 and 405 are 2 of the best I've seen. The more fluid animation really emphasises the panic and hopelessness the cew face. And the Amazon arc that follows is a lot of fun.

One Piece ep422-516 (col18-21)
Really great few arcs here. Old favs return. New faces join in and it gets real epic with some real emotional scenes too. Enjoyed it a lot and marks a really good spot to leave OP for a while and let the collection releases get ahead.

While I like to think I'm fairly tolerant of ecchi content, Glepnir seemed to be in particularly poor taste.
Fair enough. Plot wise and action wise I think it been very interesting/cool, but yeah lots of girls in underwear and unnecessary panty shots/up skirting. For example there's one shot in the second episode where a girl is following the main pair, she's on the ground and they're on a bridge above, so instead of a shot from her perspective from say shoulder height it's from ground height upskirting her. Very weird.

Back