Your viewing journal

Ep 1 of The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED
Eps 1 & 2 of Bungou and Alchemist - Gears of Judgement...its like Touken Ranbu but with authors and books instead of swords and history

Gankutsuou episode 1
Your Lie in April episode 1

And thus begin another round of "Catching Up with the Classics!"

Gankutsuou literally blew my mind with the first episode, and I only heard great things about it being an underrated masterpiece, so there's definitely a lot of hype there. I'm also really liking the artstyle here. Always nice when anime chooses to change up the artstyle.

And as for Your Lie... well, get ready for a lot of "KIMI NO WA HIKARU NARA!" for 22 episodes. Heard Goose House's opening more times than I could remember other anime openings over the past 10 years. As for the plot... yeah, it's already getting touchy-feely and depressing already, so we're off to a good start, especially since I already know what's coming (got myself spoiled looking for "Your Lie" memes).

Hellsing Ultimate (English audio) - Episodes 9-10 (Completed) - 700th completed title

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#02Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series1826
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series026
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#05Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#06Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#07Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series46

Omedetou gozaimasu :)

RhnJeLFm.png

High Score Girl II (dub) eps 4-6
Fight! And realisations and a big reveal!

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2 ep 2
Growing into your role.

Sing "Yesterday" for Me ep 2
Declaration of war.

Villainess ep 2
More character introductions.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War s2 e1
Nirvana!

700th completed title
👍 I'm not far off my 500th.

Attack on Titan Season 2: Roar of Awakening
A recap of Season 2 that while great does suffer the usual shortcomings of having to cram 12 episodes of content into a 2 hour movie. Last half was fantastic but the first suffers pacing issues and many good character development scenes are cut, specially Sasha's visit to her hometown which was removed from the movie entirely. Regardless if you're short on time and want to get up to speed before watching Season 3 or just want to cut straight to the action it's still a great watch with the added bonus of some new Hiroyuki Sawano rearrangements. 8/10

Kemono Friends
episodes 6-8

Martian Successor Nadesico episodes 19-20

Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2 episode 16 Gradual changes in attitude.

Arte episode 2 Work Hard.

Gal & Dino episode 2 A brand new dino friend.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes lead to Doom! episode 2 Competitions.

Sing “YESTERDAY” For Me episode 2 Staring at the cherry blossoms.

You’re Under Arrest! episodes 20-32

Last edited:
Cat’s Eye ep9-10

It’s taken me ten episodes to realise that this is a TMS show, not Sunrise (like City Hunter was) and actually does share a lot of staff with Space Adventure Cobra - that would explain why they feel so similar at times. In terms of production, City Hunter may be a little more polished in general, but Cat’s Eye seems to have more stand out cuts in the animation. The scenes of Ai being chased through the mansion by guard dogs in ep10 were particularly good, for example.

Appare-Ranman! ep1

This first episode wasn’t all I’d hoped for, but I’m willing to give it time. Appare does seem pretty insufferable though.

Gankutsuou episode 2 and 3
Your Lie in April episode 2 and 3

So far so good, though I might have hyped up Gankutsuou too much. Your Lie plays out exactly how I expected it, with Kaori being annoyingly optimistic.

Arte ep 2
Determination.
A couple of nit picks, whilst it obviously always a little weird watching the characters speak Japanese in stuff set outside of Japan it's made in Japan so can't be helped, but when they act Japanese as well like with Arte constantly bowing in this episode it takes you right out of the moment. Also I don't think there were many Parkers floating around Renaissance Italy, weird choice of name for a character.

Sachibato! ep 2
Money problems.

Gleipnir ep 2
Slipping inside 😏

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG (English audio) - Episodes 19-26 (Completed)
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin V: Clash at Loum (Japanese audio) - OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin VI: Rise of the Red Comet (Japanese audio) - OVA

No.Anime NameTypeWatchedTotal
#01Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#02Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st GIGTV Series2626
#03Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series026
#04Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#05Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#06Hellsing UltimateOVA Series1010
#07Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series66

Thursday 9th - Sunday 12th.

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 21

In/Spectre (English Dub) Episode 7

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 11 Electrifying.

Arte Episode 2 Proving yourself.

Ascendance of a Bookworm 2nd Season Episode 16 Accustomizing.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 1 Seaside test.

Gleipnir Episode 2 Entering from behind.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season Episode 13 This is going to be another fun season.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Episode 2 Contests.

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Episode 2 Financial woes and an obnoxious rival.

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Episode 2 Lessons and Partings.

Tsugu Tsugumomo Episode 2 Unconvincing acting.

Tower of God ep1

Had this on in the background while I was drawing - not something I’d go to great lengths for, but seems like a solid fantasy fighting show.

Wave, Listen to Me! Ep2

This could well be my favourite thing this season, really enjoying it.

Kemono Friends episodes 9-12 End
Saving Studio Irodori's most famous work for last and it's clear why it was such a hit. Leaving Yaoyorozu's rough animation aside the series' strengths lie in it's fun characters and strong writing with a balance of edutainment, iyashikei and mystery. The soundtrack by Akiyuki Tateyama is as relaxing as his work on Laid-Back Camp and the OP is real catchy. Definitely a fun series and I really recommend Irodori's other works (Keifuku-san, Hentatsu and Kemurikusa). Their style is really interesting and I cannot wait for their next project. 8/10

Such a shame they never made a second season : )

Last edited:
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I - Initiation
Bought the Blu-Ray at MCM Scotland last year and finally got around to watching the movie this evening.
Honestly, a spectacular retelling of the original series. So excited to watch the next two films now.

Back