Grav's Current 'Simulcast' Progress:
No.Anime Name:Season:Watched:Aired:
#01Blade of the Immortal (2019 series)Autumn 2019824
#02BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.Winter 2020612
#03ID: INVADEDWinter 2020913
#04If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would DieWinter 20201012
#05In/SpectreWinter 2020812
#06Interspecies ReviewersWinter 2020612
#07Isekai Quartet Season 2Winter 2020611 (of 12)
#08Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Winter 2020512
#09My Hero Academia Season 4Autumn 20192424 (of 25)
#10NekoparaWinter 2020212
#11PetWinter 2020912 (of 13)
#12PlundererWinter 2020312 (of 24)
#13Smile Down the RunwayWinter 20201012
#14Sorceror Stabber OrphenWinter 2020412 (of 13)
#15Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 1Autumn 20192323

Bakemonogatari [Rewatch] episodes 9-10

Tesagure! Bukatsumono episodes 9-10

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story episode 12

If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die episode 12 - End
Another fun series from 8Bit. The series balances a good mix of comedy and yuri with a lot of fun characters. Production was also great coming from the director of Encouragement of Climb with 2D dance scenes and background art being big highlights. I hope for a second season. 8/10

A Destructive God Sits next to Me, Bokuhaka episode 12 (Complete. After Outburst Dreamer Boys dealt with similar themes recently this felt like familiar ground but the characters weren’t quite as likeable and ended up being irritating at times. This wasn’t bad but I doubt I’d return for a rewatch.) 3/5

In/Spectre
episode 12 Reasons that transcend reason. (Complete. Dialogue heavy but never boring, this was something different and entertained thanks to a tight cast of characters.) 3.5/5

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden
episode 13 Stronger. (Complete. A decent spin-off that seems to be continuing so I’m curious to see how events continue to unfold.) 3.5/5

My Hero Academia Fourth Season
episode 87 What’s new, pussycat?

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Film) The humble beginnings with a few odd alterations that stick out like random extra rocks and extra CG aliens.

Trinity Blood episodes 7-16

ID: INVADED (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-11
In/Spectre (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-9
Sorceror Stabber Orphen (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-7

#02BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.Winter 2020612
#03ID: INVADEDWinter 20201113
#04If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would DieWinter 20201012
#05In/SpectreWinter 20201012
#08Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Winter 2020912
#11PetWinter 2020912 (of 13)
#13Smile Down the RunwayWinter 20201012
#14Sorceror Stabber OrphenWinter 2020712 (of 13)

Healin' Good Pretty Cure episode 9

Bakemonogatari [Rewatch] episodes 11-15 - End
Has some great moments but somehow I didn't enjoy it as much on this rewatch 7/10
  1. Bakemonogatari [Rewatch]
  2. Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu [Rewatch]
  3. Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu [Rewatch]
  4. Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu [Rewatch]
  5. Nizemonogatari [Rewatch]
  6. Nekomonogatari Black [Rewatch]
  7. Monogatari Second Season [Previously only watched Neko White and Kabuki]
  8. Tsukimonogatari
  9. Owarimonogatari

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 150 Eat your fill.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Film) Arguably the strongest and best directed film of the series though VI is still my personal favourite.

Trinity Blood episodes 17-24 (Complete. A solid vampire series that sadly ends on a hinted continuation that can never be.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
The Saga Of Tanya The Evil-this is the 2nd time I've watched this but it's much better with the excellent english dub and video from the japanese blurays. I have watched the movie which is also great.

Monday 23rd - Sunday 29th.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 22

In/Spectre (English Dub) Episode 5

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (English Dub) Episode 11

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 15

22/7 Episode 12 Return to the stage. (Complete. An Idol series that portrays a more serious side of the daily lives of an Idol group. The cast are a intriguing but likeable bunch, animation is decent and the performances are even better.) 3/5

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 9 Breaking and Entering.

A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Episode 12 Birthday surprise. (Complete. For a comedy series this was relatively average but it did get awfully repetitive and stale pretty quickly. At least the antics of the characters kept things very amusing.) 2/5

Asteroid in Love Episode 12 The dream continues. (Complete. An endearing and comfy SoL series portraying the promise of two childhood friends reunited and their wish to find and name any undiscovered asteroids.) 3.5/5

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Episode 12 A 1HP Monstrous Rampage. (Complete. A solid series that was all around good dumb fun. Getting to watch maple throw out the standard MMORPG guidelines rule book each week was very entertaining. I'm definitely looking forward to watching season 2.) 3.5/5

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? OVA Beach episode.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 13 (Djeeta Chapter) Myths and Trials.

Hatena☆Illusion Episode 11 Cliffhanger. (Complete... for now. From what I've watched and made of it so far, this has been a fun show.) 3/5

Heya Camp Episode 12 Gotta stamp em all. (Complete. Despite only being a series of short format episodes, it was still really enjoyable. Looking forward to next year with season 2.) 3/5

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die Episode 12 Festival show time. (Complete. An interesting take on the Idol series genre from the fans pov. While it didn't do anything else different from the norm, it was still pretty decent overall.) 3/5

In/Spectre Episode 12 A satisfying conclusion. (Complete. A supernatural series with an element of Mystery thrown in combined with a darker subplot that made for some stomach-turning moments that was emphasized with the characters histories.) 3.5/5

Infinite Dendrogram Episode 11 Big gamble, bigger risks.

Interspecies Reviewers [Uncensored] Episode 12 Reminiscing. (Complete. Peak culture at it's absolute finest.) 5/5

Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Festival.

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson (Film) (Rewatch) (Complete. On revisit, this is still as hilarious as ever with it's comedy and hilarious scenario's. It was also great chance at seeing the misfit quartet upto their normal antics all over again.) 4/5

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story Episode 13 An explosive cliffhanger. (Complete... for now. For a side story, this was pretty decent for the most part. It was also a nice surprise getting to see some familiar faces again. It's going to be interesting to see what Season 2 brings.) 3/5

My Hero Academia Season 4 Episode 24 Rankings and a new threat.

My Wife is the Student Council President! Episode 12 + OVA and My Wife is the Student Council President!+! Episode 12 (Complete. Even as a short format series, this was still very enjoyable with it's concept and the various lewd shenanigans.) 3/5, 3/5

Nekopara: Cat's Paradise Episode 12 Beachside fun. (Complete. Regardless of the questionable background, this was a very charming and cute series with it's adorable cast of characters and relaxing atmosphere.) 3/5

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- [Director’s Cut] Episode 12

Seton Academy: Join the Pack! Episode 12 The future Stone Age. (Complete. A fairly light hearted series with an interesting but fun cast of characters who gave us some pretty hilarious scenario's. The comedy was pretty decent as well.) 3/5

Somali and the Forest Spirit Episode 12 Together untill the end. (Complete. An emotional fantasy series portraying a lost human girl who's kind is detested and her unusual familial attachment with a seemingly devoid of all emotions Golem. Overall it was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.) 3.5/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime OVA Episode 3 Another fun and welcome instalment into the series.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods Episode 24 Onwards and Upwards. (Complete. For the most part this was a pretty decent season for what it's worth, but it did suffer from production issues which didn't help thanks to the change in studio. I'm hoping the next season is better.) 2.5/5

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun Episode 12 Persistent fish. (Complete. Another supernatural series with it's own version of the Seven School Mysteries folktales with some darker undertones. The art style did take some getting use to though.) 3.5/5

Yatogame-chan Observation Diary 2nd Season Episode 12 Triple power. (Complete. Pretty much more of the same from the previous season, but it was still a fun series altogether.) 3/5

Cat’s Eye ep6-7

The show is definitely hitting its stride now; I’m glad they’ve kept Asatani as a regular character, having her as a foil for Toshi really helps the dynamic.

Laid Back Camp ep3 (rewatch)

Didn’t remember it from before, but Rin’s continued grumping about having paid over the odds to use the campsite feels entirely relatable. I went to an overpriced calligraphy class a few months back and spent the entire time only able to think about how I’d paid £20 to be there.

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson-just as fun as it was when I saw it in a local theater a few months ago.

First 10/10 of the season goes to.... Asteroid in Love. Could easily watch more of this

Finished so far this season:

Asteroid in Love - 10/10
Azur Lane - 7/10
Heya Camp - 7/10
The Island of Giant Insects - 3/10
In/Spectre - 7/10
Fate/Grand Order - Dropped

Ghost Stories
Amazing. So silly and rude but you can tell everyone involved in the dub is having a great time.

Picard
Great little series. Some elements of the finale were a little predictable. Epsiode 7 was probably the best for me.

Clone Wars Season 1 rewatch
Now D+ is out giving this a ful rewatch before the final season. Bit kiddy at times but this season still has some gems in it.

Smash and Grab
Little pixar style 8 min short on D+ really charming.

AD Police To Protect and Serve
Fun show this with some really good character arcs for its main 2 protagonists. I've put more extensive thoughts in the Gunsmith Cats/Bubblegum Crisis simulwatch thread.

Gonna Be The Twin-Tail!!
Funny and silly. Weaponized fetishes. There you have it.

Brass Eye episodes Animals and Drugs
Hilarious. Had pretty much forgotten the animals epsiode entirely so was nice to watch again. And the drugs ones is great too.

Tenchi Muyo OVA collection
The first season was excellent. The 2nd didnt quite match up to it but still a fun watch. The Mihoshi special was also great fun.

BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Completed)
ID: INVADED (Japanese audio) - Episodes 12-13 (Completed)
If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
In/Spectre (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
Pet (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)
Smile Down the Runway (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

#02BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. Season 1Winter 20201212
#03ID: INVADEDWinter 20201313
#04If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would DieWinter 20201212
#05In/SpectreWinter 20201212
#08Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Winter 20201212
#11PetWinter 20201313
#13Smile Down the RunwayWinter 20201212
#14Sorceror Stabber OrphenWinter 2020712 (of 13)

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (Film) Jedi rocks is still as terrifying as it was when I watched as a child, and hey the Ewoks blink now.

Tsu ri ta ma episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Tesagure! Bukatsumono episodes 11-12 - End
Despite it's animation being exactly what you'd expect from Yaoyorozu this is a fun series with plenty of laughs and fourth wall destruction. Interestingly much of the dialogue is improvised prior to animation, a rare sight in a medium where the animation is done prior to voice acting. Definitely gonna check out season 2 sometime. 7/10

Kizumonogatari Parts 1-3

The prequel to Bakemonogatari. Still the best part of the franchise I've seen so far and one of my favourite anime film experiences. Character writing is so much stronger here with a better artistic direction than other parts of the series. Animation too is incredible with it's CGI settings and iconic animation sequences such as Kou Yoshinari's scene from Part 3. Overall a phenomenal work and well deserving of a 10/10 score.

1. Bakemonogatari [Rewatch]
  2. Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu [Rewatch]
  3. Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu [Rewatch]
  4. Kizumonogatari Part 3: Reiketsu [Rewatch]
  5. Nisemonogatari [Rewatch]
  6. Nekomonogatari Black [Rewatch]
  7. Monogatari Second Season [Previously only watched Neko White and Kabuki]
  8. Tsukimonogatari
  9. Owarimonogatari

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episodes 64 - 67 (Blu-ray)

Picard

I enjoyed seeing these characters again and the series as a whole even if the ending was rather predictable with an incredibly cheesy final scene.

Back