Your viewing journal

Tesagure! Bukatsumono episodes 5-6

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense episode 12 - End
A fantastic dumb fun series. It was great fun watching Maple's galaxy brain shenanigans each week and I can't wait for season 2. 9/10

Somali and the Forest Spirit ep 12 (complete)
Emotional ending.
A lovely show about someone/thing learning to be a father figure and all that comes with it. Bit of a mixed feeling with the ending with it reaching an emotional landmark, but not the physical one they were aiming for, probably due to the manga still being ongoing. Hopefully there will be a second season. If not I'll put the manga on the PTR list.
The character designs were excellent with lots of varied species and the backgrounds were very pretty. The animation was good as well, not that there was much action in the show to show it off.
8/10

NekoparA
ep 12 (complete)
Saving the beach till last.
A cute cat-girls do cute cat-girl things with added fanservice. Each episode was fun enough, but there's not much of a story, so just a little bit of fluff.
Character designs were cute, but that's the point.
6/10

Hatena☆Illusion
ep 11
First proper mission and a couple of surprises.

Budoukan ep 12 (complete)
Idol Festival.
I really liked this as it had some really good characters in the 2 main fans and all the idols were more than one note. There was also some really funny moments and plenty of sweet moments. It also opened my eyes to how fans see their idols, not at all in a pervy way that some of those "oh look isn't Japan a weird place" documentaries make out, but rather they want to support someone and in doing so hope that that person goes on to become a success.
Again really liked the designs, especially the eyes. The only problem was that although most of the ChamJam girls all looked different 2 of them were very similar and they also happened to be the focus of the 2 main fans, which got a little confusing. The animation was very good as well, if the performances used cg it was harder to tell than on other shows.
Another show I hope gets a second season, but if not I might read the manga.
8/10

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun
ep 12
Something's a bit fishy.
Pretty interesting to learn about rumours/folktales from Japanese schools, but I lost the thread of the main plot so really ended up just watching for Nene-chan's quirks, and the unique and lovely art style. The animation was a bit limited though and the panelling reminded me of Hakumei and Mikochi and then I learnt it was the same director! And like with H&M I may well get the manga at some point. Another one to add to the list today!
7/10

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Director's Cut episode 12

Tesagure! Bukatsumono episodes 7-8

Bakemonogatari [Rewatch] episodes 6-8

Martian Successor Nadesico episodes 5-6

NekoparA episode 12 Beach episode. (Complete. This was a pretty laidback if sometimes lightweight series that provided an undemanding watch each week.) 3/5

Somali and the Forest Spirit
episode 12 A vital bond. (Complete. Despite hastily resolving episode 11’s cliffhanger this was quite endearing, portraying an unlikely familial bond between a seemingly emotionless Golem and a young human girl, vulnerable to a world that hates their kind.) 3.5/5

The Case Files of Jeweler Richard
episode 12 The opposite of a healthy familial bond. (Complete. Despite the lead being a bit insufferable at times I found this quite enjoyable for the first half but the second didn’t quite interest me as much.) 3/5

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun
episode 12 Feisty fish. (Complete. Supernatural shenanigans with a unique art style and a dark streak that made for some grim imagery and poignancy that contrasted with the character designs.) 3.5/5

Tonari no Seki-Kun: The Master of Killing Time
13-21 (Complete. I came across this on HiDIVE, it made for an entertaining set of shorts that often made me chuckle.) 3.5/5

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Sand (Film)
An improvement on Episode I but with a lot of terrible dialogue and a bad love story subplot to boot.

Last edited:
psycho pass 3 first inspector - 3 has been the best sequel easily and it’s sad to think it may never get dubbed cos FUNi needs streaming rights so badly, sadly does fall at the end a bit with the bow setting up sequels though I think whatever sequel is will be the last one. 8/10

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Smile Down the Runway (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10

Grav's Current 'Simulcast' Progress:
No.Anime Name:Season:Watched:Aired:
#01Blade of the Immortal (2019 series)Autumn 2019824
#02BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.Winter 2020612
#03ID: INVADEDWinter 2020313
#04If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would DieWinter 20201012
#05In/SpectreWinter 2020811 (of 12)
#06Interspecies ReviewersWinter 2020411 (of 12)
#07Isekai Quartet Season 2Winter 2020611 (of 12)
#08Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Winter 2020512
#09My Hero Academia Season 4Autumn 20192323 (of 25)
#10NekoparaWinter 2020212
#11PetWinter 2020412 (of 13)
#12PlundererWinter 2020312 (of 24)
#13Smile Down the RunwayWinter 20201012
#14Sorceror Stabber OrphenWinter 2020412 (of 13)
#15Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 1Autumn 20192323

Grav's Current 'Oh My God Why Haven't You Watched These Already' Progress:
No.Anime Name:Type:Watched:Total:
#01Angelic LayerTV Series026
#02Aoharu x MachinegunTV Series012 & 1 OVA
#03Assassination Classroom the Movie: 365 Days' TimeMovie01
#04The Asterisk War Season 1TV Series012
#05The Asterisk War Season 2TV Series012
#06Attack on Titan: Junior HighTV Series012
#07BarakamonTV Series012
#08Chivalry of a Failed KnightTV Series012
#09Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I: InitiationMovie01
#10Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion II: TransgressionMovie01
#11Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion III: GlorificationMovie01
#12Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin EmpireTV Series012
#13FireworksMovie01
#14FreezingTV Series012
#15Freezing VibrationTV Series012
#16GANGSTA.TV Series013
#17Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte CristoTV Series024
#18GATE Season 2TV Series012
#19Ghost in the Shell: ARISEOVA Series04
#20Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexTV Series326
#21Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIGTV Series026
#22Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State SocietyMovie01
#23Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieMovie01
#24Gundam: Reconguista in GTV Series026
#25Hellsing UltimateOVA Series310
#26Higurashi: When They CryTV Series025
#27Higurashi: When They Cry KaiTV Series025
#28Higurashi: When They Cry ReiTV Series05
#29HyoukaTV Series022 & 1 OVA
#30In Another World With My SmartphoneTV Series012
#31K: Missing KingsMovie01
#32K: Return of KingsTV Series013
#33Kiss Him, Not Me!TV Series012
#34KiznaiverTV Series012
#35A Letter to MomoMovie01
#36Lord Marksman and VanadisTV Series013
#37Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1TV Series013
#38Love Live! The School Idol MovieMovie01
#39MaoyuTV Series012
#40Maquia: When the Promised Flower BloomsMovie01
#41Mind GameMovie01
#42Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 1TV Series025
#43Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 2TV Series025
#44Mobile Suit Gundam the OriginOVA Series46
#45Mobile Suit Gundam WingTV Series049
#46Napping PrincessMovie01
#47The Night is Short, Walk on GirlMovie01
#48Nisekoi: False Love 2TV Series012
#49No Game, No Life: ZeroMovie01
#50Ouran High School Host ClubTV Series026
#51Plastic MemoriesTV Series013
#52Princess AreteMovie01
#53Princess PrincipalTV Series012
#54SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't ExistTV Series012
#55Shomin SampleTV Series012
#56Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the SideTV Series012
#57The Testament of Sister New DevilTV Series012 & 1 OVA
#58The Testament of Sister New Devil BURSTTV Series010 & 1 OVA
#59Valvrave the Liberator Season 1TV Series012
#60Valvrave the Liberator Season 2TV Series012
#61Wanna Be the Strongest in the WorldTV Series012
#62Yurikuma ArashiTV Series012

Last edited:
A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 9 Liquid threat.

Asteroid in Love episode 12 a (Complete. A nice SoL to spend some of Friday evening with. Sometimes you need some comfiness, especially in these uncertain times.) 3.5/5

Haikyu!: To The Top
episode 12 Nice receive!

Smile Down the Runway episode 12 Wins, loss and potential. (Complete. A rare premise delivered pretty well and often unflinching in showcasing the vicious world of fashion. The bittersweet ending fit quite well too.) 3.5/5

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Film)
The strongest of the prequels and a solid watch overall with some very good scenes here and there. The opera house scene is one of my favourites in the entire franchise.

Trinity Blood episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Eps 8-25 of Assassination Classroom second season (complete)
Ep 12 of The Case Files of Jeweler Richard (complete)...i've never wanted two characters to kiss so much ☺

Last edited:
Martian Successor Nadesico episodes 7-9

Asteroid in Love episode 12 - End
Doga Kobo and Manga Time Kirara are a powerful combination. Good wholesome fun as expected from MTK with the bonus of a great production from Doga Kobo with good attention to light and depth. Gonna go on brand and give it a 9/10

Magica Record Season 1 - Episode 13
If I could only say this was over. I think I hate this more than AO, more than Hi Evolution.... I so hate this it relies so heavily on “nostalgia” for the original it’s not original all the wit of the original gone. Forced cameos that annoy me because it reinforces it can’t stand on own and they even get Shaft at least FGO tries to be different using different studios to etc to be original no this relies so heavily on the original classic it’s so annoy I despise it.
And the fact they can’t even think of a new evil witch as a cliffhanger insults me.
2/10

Back