Your viewing journal

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood eps 33-38 in my theater tonight (Sunday) with the next door neighbor couple.

Due to the virus quarantine, the neighbor couple and I plowed through the rest of Fullmetal Achemist Brotherhood, over five more nights this past week:

Tuesday - episodes 39-43
Thursday - episodes 44-52
Friday - episodes 53-55
Saturday - episodes 56-61
Sunday - episodes 62-64 (fin)

Still have the Sacred Star of Milos movie to watch, maybe tonight!

Heya Camp episode 12 Stamping. (Complete. A series that works even in short format. A nice breather until we get Season 2 next year.) 3.5/5

Seton Academy, Join the Pack!
episode 12 The New Stone Age. (Complete. This provided some decent comedy and humorous scenarios thanks to its eclectic cast and taking advantage of its concepts.) 3.5/5

Yatogame-Chan Kansatsu Nikki 2
episode 12 The power of three. (Complete. Stronger than the first season and fun if lightweight once again.) 3/5

Tokyo Ghoul: re (Rewatch)
episodes 16-18

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! ep12

There is a faint hint of this having been an end point chosen to fit the half-cour anime cycle, rather than a good narrative conclusion, but it's still a fine finale to what has been a consistently fresh, clever and entertaining series.

I also already saw some mention (presumably pulled from the manga? I guess it's subtly implied in the show) that the story takes place after the sea levels have risen, but judging from those craters, has there also been a world war that no-one's talking about? It kind of puts a more poignant spin on the anti-war message of the girls' short than I would have otherwise expected.

Laid Back Camp ep1 (rewatch)

The show we need in these difficult times.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia episode 21 - End
Not the best addition to the Fate franchise in terms of story but it was good fun to watch with great characters and fantastic animation. Nakaya Onsen's directorial debut in episode 18 was a clear highlight and spiritual sequel to Azur Lane episode 8. Really looking forward to the Camelot and Solomon adaptations. 7/10

Room Camp
episode 12 - End
It's more Laid-Back Camp. Very Good Content. 9/10

Attack On Titan Season 3 Part 2
[Rewatch] episodes 6-10 - End
Still one of my favourite arcs in the series. 9/10

Healin' Good Pretty Cure
episode 8

Tesagure! Bukatsumono episodes 3-4

Been a while so heres what I've seen recently

Heaven's Lost Property Season 1 rewatch
Giving it a rewatch before I see season 2. It's silly nonsense fun, I mean a flock of panties flys around the world so...

Attack on Titan Seasons 1, 2 & 3
Posted a larger post in the Rate Anime thread buts it's great.

Kings Game
Dunno why people on here seem to hate this show. I really enjoyed it. For gory, slightly supernatural, thriller horror it was good. It was constantly suspenseful and often brutal. I also really liked the narrative way 2 editions the game are being told in tandem. It was a nice twist on this sort of story telling. Also Coldrain for the OP song is a win.

Chihayafuru s3 e24 (complete)
Like waves breaking apart and coming together.
Excellent season with amazingly tense moments in the karata parts and big moments in the relationship between the main three characters. I think there maybe an element of bias, after all we've gotten to know the characters over the previous 2 seasons totalling 50 episodes (the inc. recaps) and are invested in their lives, but there was definitely a step up in this season.
10/10

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2
ep 12 (complete)
Number 3.
Another collection of shorts with interesting tidbits on Nagoya.
6/10

Heya Camp△
ep 12 (complete)
Unusual campsite.
More Yuru Camp goodness is always welcome, but it's not enough 😝 At least we now have a date for the second season.
8/10

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 51 A good match.
Black Clover episode 127 The Marilyn Mansion.

Isekai Quartet 2 episode 11 Destroyer of plays?

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen episode 12 One eye glaring in the darkness.

Tokyo Ghoul: re (Rewatch) episodes 19-24 (Complete. I’m doing a full review of this for the site but this half of the adaptation is just frustrating for several reasons but manages to reach some high points when it isn’t rushing through key arcs to fit the 12 episode run.) Hovering between 2.5/5 & 3/5

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Film)
Testing out Disney+, this film is very flawed but has its moments and some of the CGI has aged fairly well.

Last edited:
I'm on a Game Of Thrones marathon tonight since I just got season 8 a few days ago and had stopped at season 4 a couple of months back.

Cat's Eye ep5

I like how Not Kanuka Clancy immediately spots how blindingly obvious Cat's Eye's real identity is, but the resolution for this one feels like a bit of deus ex machina.

Laid Back Camp (Rewatch) ep2

Forgot how much I love the talking pinecones.

Science Ninja team Gatchaman - Episodes 55 - 63 (Blu-ray)

Still, rather impressively, going strong!!!

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - Episodes 11 & 12 [Final]

I adored this series, it has been a real highlight from the last few seasons.

Wanna-Bes!

Your typically needless but fun and entertaining 80's OVA, wasn't quite what I was expecting but I enjoyed it.

Space Fantasia 2001 Nights

I absolutely loved the high concept sci-fi and old school epic storytelling feel of this.

pet eps 9-12
I thought I was finishing this off, but there's one more episode left. Now it's closer to the end things are coming together a bit now after getting a bit confusing in the middle.

BOFURI ep 12 (complete)
The 4th event is wrapped up.
A fun show with an a-dork-ablely OP MC and some epic action scenes. The focus is very much on "Maple" so not all of the side characters got much of a look in apart from "Sally", so I hope the second season spends a little more time on them.
8/10

Cells at Work
ep 3 (re-watch)
The influenza episode, just for a refresher on how our bodies react to viruses. Followed up by the doctor reacts video on it.

Penguin Highway (dub)
Nice mix of sci-fi, fantasy and coming of age adventure story similar to the 80s films like The Goonies. There were a few things that were a little odd: the kids were maybe a little too young to be a that smart (well Aoyama and Hamamoto, although both seem to have fathers that encourage learning), 4th grade is 9/10 and same could be said for the relationship between Aoyama (9/10) and the Lady (she's not named, early 20s?) and then the bully seems way too old to be in their class (this maybe the dub, but he is drawn as taller and the scene in the dentist he's having his wisdom teeth out! (again this could be a translation error but it's on both sub and dub)).
EDIT: Forgot to mention that it did drag a little in the middle. I guess it goes to show that the ending was pretty good to make forgot that.
The art and animation were really good though with some nice cinematography.
7/10

Last edited:
Blade of the Immortal (2019) episode 24 A flurry of a finale. (Complete. A better adaptation the second time around and though it still cuts out material from the manga the atmosphere and stylistic flare that is integrated throughout made this a solid watch overall.) 3.5/5

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense
episode 12 One HP run. (Complete. Unexpectedly charming, endearing and easygoing fun. There is a relative lack of tension for the most part but they do manage to keep the battles pretty interesting. Will definitely watch Season 2.) 3.5/5

Outburst Dreamer Boys
episode 12 OVA An unexpected but welcome return to the series.

Tonari no Seki-Kun: The Master of Killing Time episodes 1-12

Last edited:
Back