Your viewing journal

The Ten Little Gall Force
Scramble Wars
Gall Force The Revolution
Gall Force Eternal Story

Re-watched this lot ahead of talking about them on the podcast.

Genesis Survivor Gaiarth - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final]

I haven't seen Gaiarth since the mid 00's and watching Scramble Wars prompted me to re-watch it, the first episode isn't actually too bad but the rest is garbage.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episode 54 (Blu-ray)

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - Episodes 9 & 10

RikeKoi ep 12 (complete)
Excellent finale. Loved the fake out with the ED starting as they looked like they were going to kiss, and then the moment when it actually did was great as well.
A fun series with plenty of nerdy moments and some edutainment stuff as well. It's always refreshing to see shows that aren't based in High School, so this is up there with WotaKoi as a recommendation for anyone wanting something different, although I prefer WotaKoi because of the kind of references it made (pop culture over the scientific theories of this show).
Art and animation were fairly standard, although it had the odd moment, especially in the last episode.
7/10

Asteroid in Love
ep 10
New clubmates and a bit of a cliffhanger.

Darwin's Game ep 10
ShrillIdolizedAmericanbittern-small.gif

Hatena☆Illusion ep 9
Test and backstory.

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun ep 10
Daikon ally.

Asteroid in Love episode 10

Girls Frontline Chibi Theatre [Rewatch] (Japanese Dub) episode 24
Good fun as before. Interesting to see the difference between dubs. 7/10

Asteroid in Love episode 10 Rain and fortunes.

Haikyu!: To The Top episode 10 Run like Hell.

Science Fell in Love, So I tried to Prove It episode 12 It all works out. (Complete. Another workplace anime but with the twist that it’s all down to “experiments” which is a quirk that thankfully didn’t quite outstay its welcome.) 3.5/5

Smile Down the Runway
episode 10 A satisfied smile.

The Anthem of the Heart (Film) An interesting concept and psychological study with some very nice musical arrangements. I wasn’t much of a fan of the love triangle/square aspect though. 3.5/5

The Murder Case of Hana & Alice (Film)
Charming and a solid story with likeable characters-especially the two leads, and a stylistic use of rotascoping that separated it from other anime films I’ve seen. 4/5

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 7

Asteroid in Love (English Dub) Episode 3

Asteroid in Love Episode 10 BBQ and predictions.

Azur Lane Episode 11 An all out war.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It Episode 12 All's well that ends well. (Complete. For a workplace anime series, with a concept focusing on "experiment's and findings" this was rather intriguing.) 3.5/5

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War eps 7-9
Weiner! Weiner! Weiner! Weiner! 🤣
Nothing more to add!

BEASTARS (dub) eps 1-6
Some of this is fascinating with great performances both in the cinematography and VAs which made me keep going (3-4 eps is my normal binge length), but I'm not quite sure what the actual story is. It just seems to be a darker take on the SOL "High School is hard", but with animals and there instincts being allegories about raging hormones and worrying about who you are.

In/Spectre (English Dub) Episode 3

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 20 An original piece.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 13

22/7 Episode 10 Break-up and backlash.

A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Episode 10 Brand new year, same old problems.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 20 Some goodbyes are easier than others.

In/Spectre Episode 10 An interesting hypothesis.

Interspecies Reviewers Episode 10 [Uncensored] Perfect score.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Episode 11

A Destructive God Sits next to Me, Bokuhaka episode 10 New year, new troubles.

In/Spectre episode 10 In sympathy.

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden episode 11 Museum and musing.

My Hero Academia Fourth Season episode 85 The Power of Love.

Hot Fuzz (Film) It’s just the one rewatch, actually.

The Familiar of Zero: Rondo of Princesses episodes 1-12 (Complete. A mixed bag, the first few episodes felt inconsequential whilst the main storyline from the midpoint didn’t do much for me either. This was okay, overall, but I’m hoping the fourth and, as of writing, final season is stronger.) 3/5

Last edited:
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (re-watch) eps 10-12 (complete)
Reconciliation, summer break and fireworks.
Still an excellent show, can't wait for season 2.
After seeing Aoi Koga win the r/anime award for Best Female VA for Kaguya I was paying particular attention to the performance. Kaguya goes through a range of different emotions from giggling childishness to stern heiress to a massive conglomerate and lots in between and they are all conveyed very well.

BEASTARS (dub) eps 7-9
Still a high school romance drama with a twist, but a pretty good one with interesting characters.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken ep 11
Coexistence.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 148 A very underwhelming episode but at least it’s not set in a prison.

ID: INVADED episode 12 Behind the mask.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! episode 11 Under the water and under the weather.

The Girl in Twilight episodes 1-12 (Complete. One that fell under the radar and a series I’ll be reviewing more in-depth for the website soon.) 3.5/5

Calamity of a Zombie Girl
Definitely not a film to take too seriously. Despite it's dumb characters and weak story the action and comedy potential is it's strong point. Character designs are pretty weird and animation is pretty mixed. The soundtrack is a big highlight though definitely fitting an 80s horror vibe. Like Hand Shakers this is something I can enjoy despite how bad it is. 7/10

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 20

ID: IVADED (English Dub) Episode 12 Unmasked.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (English Dub) Episode 9

Back