Your viewing journal

Been a while since I posted here.

Jojos Bizarre Adventure season 1 rewatch
I actually enjoyed Phantom Blood more on this rewatch than the first time! And Battle Tendency is great and ludicrous. I'll start season 2 for the first time soon.

Plastic Memories
Really enjoyed this. The more comedic episodes didnt really work for me with the general melancholy of the rest of the show. But when it went serious it was emotional and an effective study of how our memories are integral to defining us as alive in the collective and as existing as an individual.

Calamity of a Zombie Girl
To the point, gory, slasher flick. Had fun watching it.

My Hero Academia Heros Rising
Watched the English dub in the cinema. Great film, though Funimations assertion you dont need to be caught up on the anime was a lie. The first 30 mins was full of spoilers for stuff I assume is in season 4. Anyway the animation is top notch. The story fun. Though the reset at the end to allow this to be non cannon was pretty lazily done.

Penguin Highway
Amazing film. Anime at its charming blended with weird best. Interesting and varied cast, really weird story and some amazing animation. Also really enjoyed the English dub.

Akira (rewatch as part of the simulwatch)
Classic and awesome.

School Rumble rewatch up to around episode 20 so far.
Love this show and been years since I watched it. It's so funny and has such a ridiculous over the top cast it's so much fun to watch. Just dipping in and out of it at the moment when I want something more light hearted on.

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Pet (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Smile Down the Runway (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
Sorceror Stabber Orphen (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Princess Tutu eps 17-19 (aka 20-25)
And it's no sacrifice,
Just a simple word.

Joshiraku ep 9
Butts, bears and sleeping.

Asteroid in Love ep 8
Emergency meeting.

In/Spectzzz... ep 8
Talk about tell don't show. This is the complete opposite of Eizouken which illustrates everything to you as you are being told.
arc could've been done in about four episodes fairly well.
Yes or even 3. Introduce problem, try to solve it and fail, and finally come up with a solution and execute. Beginning middle and end, bosh done. The problem with this arc is that the villain is unkillable by normal means so they have to explain what she is and how they are going to beat her, except they've done that last bit 3 times now already! And just looking at the comments on MAL it might well be worth dropping if you really don't like the way it's going as it sounds like last 4 episodes could be dedicated to the 4 solutions mentioned in this episode, 1 per episode! So no doubt more talking and talking and talking!
I've come this far, so I might as well finish it, but it really hasn't lived up to the first episode which was quite action packed. All the talking in the second and first half of the third episode for that problem should have been a warning, but then again the second half of the third episode which introduced this current arc was also quite action-y.

Aggretsuko Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (Japanese audio) - Episode 1 (Re-watch)

Comic Party Revolution - up to episode 11/13

Markedly different from the first season, feels a lot more like a typical harem anime now. The characters are likeable and its still fun but lost some of its charm.

Mars of Destruction

After years of wondering whether it could really be as bad as everyone says, I finally watched this incomprehensible abomination. It really does deserve a 1/10.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure [Rewatch] (English Dub) episode 1
Trying to introduce my step-dad to JJBA. Gotta say the British accents in the dub are much better than Princess Principal because at least it fits how ridiculous the series is.

Room Camp episode 9

Hentatsu episodes 5-9

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 18

ID: IVADED (English Dub) Episode 10 Collapsing.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (English Dub) Episode 7

Heya Camp Episode 9

Seton Academy: Join the Pack! Episode 9 Conquering your instincts and Room sharing.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2nd Season Episode 9 A new look.

Heya Camp episode 9 Peaks.

Seton Academy, Join the Pack! episode 9 Stressed out.

Yatogame-Chan Kansatsu Nikki 2 episode 9 Style Council.

Strawberry Marshmallow episodes 1-4

Last edited:
The Ten Little Gall Force

Scramble Wars

Watched the 'Super Deformed Double Feature' in preparation for the next episode of the podcast.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - Episode 7

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman - Episodes 44 - 48 (Blu-ray)

Comic Party - 13/13
Both seasons were fun. Nothing special but I would recommend it to anyone who likes the 'anime about otaku culture' sub-genre.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove it - 10/12

Cute series that has given me a few laughs.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2 ep 9
Hair raising.

Heya Camp△ ep 9
Hair raising II.

RikeKoi ep 10
Presentation time.
Man I hated doing presentations and the ones I did were mainly in small groups at uni, not a lecture theatre full!

ID:INVADED ep 10
This another one of those shows to re-watch at some point after everything is revealed so you can try and spot things you missed the first time.

Darwin's Game ep 8
Privilege.

Chihayafuru s3 e21
New year, new beginnings.

Healin' Good Pretty Cure episodes 4-5

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense episode 8

If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die
episode 8

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 48 Parting gift and a possible letdown for the series?

BanG Dream! 3rd Season episodes 6-7 Winners and losers.

Black Clover episode 124 A different perspective.

Isekai Quartet 2 episode 8 Special.

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen episode 9 “This is getting out of hand-now there are two of them!”

Strawberry Marshmallow episodes 5-10

Last edited:
Back