Your viewing journal

Seton Academy Join The Pack! episode 8
Ride Your Wave
I went to see this last night and I really enjoyed it. It was fun and pretty and the music was good. Very reminiscent of Lu Over The Wall but its the same director so is expected anyway. 8/10 for me :)

Interspecies Reviewers ep 7 (uncensored)
Egg-cellent.

Hatena☆Illusion ep 6.5
Not your standard recap. A couple of the VAs host and others provide a VO for character introductions and a recap plus a few other bits.

pet ep 8
Another target is selected for "crushing".

Babylon ep 8
Weird switch of focus halfway through.

Chihayafuru s3 e20
The Master match finally comes to an. Real intense stuff again.

Joshiraku ep 7
I said after the first episode this seemed like it might be CGDCT with Rakugo. Couldn't be more wrong, there wasn't any Rakugo at all in this episode! It's a comedy with rapid fire back and fourth banter between the girls with either a reference, an absurdist comment, word play or a fourth wall break. There's also a bit of slapstick in there as well. Some of it goes over the head, mainly Japanese word play and some of the references, but I'm still digging it so far.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 47 Feeling the pressure of being Number One.

Black Clover episode 123 Recap and flashback.

Isekai Quartet 2 episode 7 Let’s get Physical(s).

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen episode 8 The Deadly Assassin.

Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series episode 15

Solty Rei episodes 20-24 & OVA (Complete. A decent series that sort of lost my interest in places during the second half due to some of the story beats and a lacklustre villain. It did manage to improve a bit by the end though.) 3/5

Space Runaway Ideon
episodes 1-3

Room Camp episode 8

In/Spectre episode 7

Asteroid in Love episode 7

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Director's Cut episode 7

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story episode 7

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! episode 8

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front -Babylonia- episode 18
I was already hyped enough to hear Nakaya Onsen would be making his directorial debut this episode and he absolutely delivered. With Babylonia already being a great production with plenty of unique talent across the past 17 episodes it just makes so much sense that we would see a repeat of Fate/Apocrypha episode 22. Like Hakuyu Go, Onsen also gathered a powerful team ranging from new talent Weilin Zhang (who also worked with Go on Mob Psycho 100 II episode 5) to legendary animator Hironori Tanaka (returning the favour for Onsen's work on Azur Lane episode 8). Tanaka's work on Quetz vs Tiamat is definitely up there as one of my favourite sakuga moments.

Animation aside this was also one of the strongest episodes in terms of narrative. Here we got set pieces with Gilgamesh's speech and Quetzalcoatl's Noble Phantasm easily providing two of the series greatest moments. Definitely episode of the year material and though it'll be difficult to follow up an episode like this I'm excited to see how the next few episodes play out.

BOFURI ep 8
Another fun episode with Sally getting not 1, but 2 new transformations! That last scene was Trigger level insane and her mech transformation looked cool and quite old school, like 80s/90s old school!

My Hero Academia Season 4 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 15-19 [78-82]
My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (Japanese audio) - Film
My Hero Academia: Two Heroes (Japanese audio) - Film

Ahiru no Sora episode 21 Hesitation marks.

Blade of the Immortal (2019) episode 20 Swords in the snow.

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense episode 8 Falling down a mountain, end up kissing dirt.

Radiant 2nd Season episode 21 Ascension. (complete. A marked improvement on the first season, which left me underwhelmed at it’s wasted potential. I felt that the story here was stronger, as were the characters and their development. I’m glad I stuck it out with the series.) 4/5

Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series
episode 16

Space Runaway Ideon episodes 4-9

Last edited:
BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense (English Dub) Episode 6

Konosuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 (English Dub) Episode 1-10 + OVA (Complete)

Plunderer (English Dub) Episode 8 What lies within the Abyss.

Radiant Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 19

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense Episode 8 Monsters and Mechs.

Radiant Season 2 Episode 21 A new Queen. (Complete. A second season that is a vast improvement and step up from what the first was with it improving upon the areas where the first lacked thanks to the stronger story and the character development). 3.5/5

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- [Director’s Cut] Episode 8

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods Episode 20 A king among kings.

NekoparA ep 8
Feelin' blue.

Hatena☆Illusion ep 7
Training hard.

Budoukan ep 8
Leading light.

Somali and the Forest Spirit ep 8
Ancient tale.

Joshiraku ep 8
New Years.

Seems Toilet Bound Hanako-kun is late again.

NekoparA episode 8 Concern.

Somali and the Forest Spirit episode 8 Grateful in the end.

The Case Files of Jeweler Richard episode 8 I’m once again struggling to like Seigi as a character.

Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun episode 8 Photography and misfortune.

Space Runaway Ideon episodes 10-20

Hatena☆Illusion (English Dub) Episode 6

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (English Dub) Episode 6

Infinite Dendrogram (English Dub) Episode 6

Nekopara (English Dub) Episode 6

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun (English Dub) Episode 6

Hatena☆Illusion Episode 7 Training.

If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die Episode 8 Lighting the way.

Infinite Dendrogram Episode 7

Nekopara Episode 8 Worry.

Somali and the Forest Spirit Episode 8 Storytime.

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun Episode 8 Photo's and Misery.

Back