Your viewing journal

Okko's Inn (dub)
That was great! Very moving and funny in places with some excellent characters. Not surprisingly it's quite Ghibli-esque as the director was either art director or on key animation in 8 films plus Nausicaa. I would say visually quite Miyazaki, but tonally a bit more grounded like Takahata.
I brought this without knowing anything about it apart from the seeing the artwork of the cover. There was another adaptation of 24 half length episodes which came out in Spring '18, but it didn't get picked up for streaming. By the sounds of it if I had seen it, I might not have got this thinking it was a recap film, but the film has different staff and, apparently, takes a darker tone with the material.
It has a lot in common with A Letter to Momo, in that spirits help a young girl who has to move to a rural town after a tradegy, but also I would say it's a darker version of Spirited Away! Her parents are taken away from her and she ends up working in an Inn/bathhouse and she learns and grows, but there's no getting them back this time!
9/10

ID: IVADED (English Dub) Episode 8 Tag-team.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (English Dub) Episode 5

Overflow Episode 7 [Uncensored] Morning hanky-panky.

Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (Film) (A welcome instalment into the series franchise. With its wonderful story (which was emotionally touching at times) made this into a visually beautiful spectacle from start to finish. KyoAni really out did themselves with this. What I really appreciated about this film was the fact that it also included a "In memory of" dedication in the credits to those who worked on the film, who unfortunately lost their lives in the Kyoto Animation arson attack and tbh that was a nice touch. Overall thoroughly enjoyable). 4.5/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 144 Secrets and bribes.

ID: INVADED episode 8 Slinking in the sands.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! episode 7 Floods and chainsaws.

Silver Spoon (Rewatch) episodes 1-8

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul episodes 21-24
Very mixed feelings on this one. While I really enjoyed Genesis the sequel just doesn't feel quite the same. Sure it has it's fun but the story is rather messy especially when it concerns romance. Gonna rewatch the Mysteria Friends spinoff soon seeing as I had more fun with that. 6/10

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
episode 6

In/Spectre episode 6

Black Lagoon ep8-10 (English dub, rewatch)

Robertaaaaa~

Re:Creators ep1-3

I remember being a bit dismissive of this back when it was airing, but for the life of me, I don't know why. It's well produced, it really commits to its slightly daffy premise and it sounds good too.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 16

Heya Camp Episode 7 Lost and Found.

Seton Academy: Join the Pack! Episode 7 Surveillance and a Femininity Makeover.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2nd Season Episode 7 The Nagoya way.

Heya Camp episode 7 Houtou happenings.

Seton Academy, Join the Pack! episode 7 Badgering.

Yatogame-Chan Kansatsu Nikki 2 episode 7 No time for Tokyo.

Silver Spoon (Rewatch) episodes 9-11 (Complete. A wonderful revisit and interesting to see Hachiken so error-prone again. It shows their character growth in the volumes I’ve been reviewing quite well.) 4/5

Silver Spoon Season 2 (Rewatch)
episodes 1-6

Finally got all the materials together (japanese bluray rips, modified english subtitles) for Asobi Asobase-as soon as I get all 12 episodes multiplexed into mkvs that's what I'll be watching next.

Yesterday
pet ep 7
Quite an intense episode, but I've forgotten the who's and the whys of most of the characters. Probably should have waited and binged it.

Today
ID:INVADED ep 7
Further down the rabbit hole.

Joshiraku ep 6
This episode was brought to you by the number 4.

Heya Camp△ ep 7
Freestylin'

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2 ep 7
Local idols.

In/Spectre ep 6
Another very wordy episode that didn't really go anywhere!

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! ep 7
Here comes the rain again,
Falling on my head like a memory.

Interspecies Reviewers ep 6 (uncensored)
Build your own and blinded by the light.

Chihayafuru s3 e19
Making something of yourself.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 46 I want to tell you.

Black Clover episode 122 Balancing act.

Isekai Quartet 2 episode 6 Winging it.

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen episode 7 Without value?

Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series episodes 11-12

Silver Spoon Season 2 (Rewatch) episodes 7-11 (Complete. A great progression that sees the characters struggle and mature with their situations. It’s a damn shame we haven’t gotten a third season yet.) 4/5

Last edited:
Monday:
Aggretsuko Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
In/Spectre (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 2 (Re-watch)

Tuesday:
Dragon Quest: Your Story (Japanese audio) - Film

Back