School cultural festival.

RikeKoi ep 7
Party time and fairytales.

Darwin's Game ep 5
Planning the defences.

Azumanga Daioh (dub) eps 17-19
Christmas, New Years and Sakura season.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 3

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 5 A true friend.

Asteroid in Love Episode 6 Festival fun.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It Episode 7 Party antics and fairy tales.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 5
1B7C009D-3BD8-4CD7-9A7D-2E47594CBFE5.gif

Asteroid in Love episode 6 Maids and moons.

Haikyu!: To The Top episode 5 One step behind.

Science Fell in Love, So I tried to Prove It episode 7 Aqua cameos and fairytale fantasies.

Smile Down the Runway episode 5 Rivalry.

Ratatouille (Film) It’s been a while since I revisited this and the 4K really shines.

Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series episodes 5-6

Saiyuki episodes 26-31

Rocket Girls eps 10-12 (complete)
That was a tense finale!
Starts out as a fairly comedic show especially with the absolutely preposterous plot of a space agency hiring high school girls to be astronauts, but once trained up and during the final mission we see it's mostly a drama. The technical stuff was quite interesting and the characters were OK.
You can tell it's a 00s show with the character designs and the CG.
7/10

Azumanga Daioh
eps 20-22
Into their third year. The creepy male teacher is so off putting 🤮

In/Spectre ep 5
This is so wordy, I suppose the Snake in the lake arc will turn out to be the norm rather than the exception. The first half episode of this arc had a fair amount of action, but all they've done since is talk and talk and talk about it for almost all of the following 2 episodes, with more to come! Interesting backstory for Kuro though, I thought he'd taken it upon himself to eat the mermaid, but no he was tricked into it!

A Destructive God Sits next to Me, Bokuhaka episode 5 Spirits in the anime world.

In/Spectre episode 5 Past and Present.

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden episode 6 Work.

My Hero Academia Fourth Season episode 80 Their turn.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 19 Sparks.

Oldboy (Film)

Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series
episode 7

Saiyuki episodes 32-41

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 15 Moving forward.

22/7 Episode 5 Idol-fest.

A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Episode 5 Having a bad day.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 16 Despair.

In/Spectre Episode 5 Quite the fascinating episode this week with its interesting backstory.

Interspecies Reviewers Episode 5 [Uncensored] Eye and "mushrooms".

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Episode 6

Tsugumomo OVA More lewd shenanigans.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 19 Family festival fun.

Asteroid In Love episode 6
I'm losing interest in this one now....it started out one of my favourite of the season and now I find my mind wandering as I'm watching it.

Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga episode 5

Science Types...whatever its called episode 7
This is a bit samey now but I expected it would be

In/Spectre episode 5

Cagaster of An Insect Cage episode 1-12 (complete)
This one isn't the best but it was on and I was bored :confused:

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 15

ID: IVADED (English Dub) Episode 7 A numbers case.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld (English Dub) Episode 4

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 8

Overflow Episode 6 [Uncensored] Secluded lewdness.

Azumanga Daioh (dub) eps 23-26 (complete)
Time flies when you're having fun!
Started out a bit slow and some of the comedy didn't work, but got better as you got to know the characters, with the best episodes probably being the second year ones. They were all varied individuals with their own quirks. Something that I recognise from the writing of the mangaka of the source material from reading Yotsuba&! is that even the smallest of bit part characters comes across as having a personality. Speaking of, there's only 4 volumes and I found that there's a book with all of them together, so I'll be picking that up at some point.
The art also seemed quite reminiscent of the art style of Kiyohiko Azuma with the detailed backgrounds, but sometimes they just used blank spaces.
Despite enjoying it quite a lot, I not sure enough of it worked to get an 8.
7/10

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 143 Part of me wonders whether any of these new characters will be relevant at all outside of this arc.

ID: INVADED episode 7 A cold yet brilliant detective.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! episode 6 Consequence of Sound.

Saiyuki episodes 42-50 (Complete. An enjoyable episodic series that is more expansive than I realised with Reload and Blast to watch in the future. I have no idea if there’s a boxset for Gunlock though.) 3.5/5

Sakura Wars
episodes 1-7

Azumanga Daioh
. . .
Started out a bit slow and some of the comedy didn't work
. . .
Speaking of, there's only 4 volumes and I found that there's a book with all of them together, so I'll be picking that up at some point.
By quite some coincidence, I'm actually (re)reading the manga at the moment, in that very omnibus format. It's outstanding. It's charming, it's funny, the characters are great...

I love it.

The anime, by contrast, I saw the first episode of a few years ago, and I just didn't get on with it at all. I ended that episode just feeling rather... "Hmm. That wasn't great. 😕"

Perhaps my memory's playing tricks on me, but I can't remember any of the original manga skits being in that first episode. A couple of the characters were also not as I'd imagined them at all: Chiyo was (shockingly!) actually kind of annoying in the anime, I thought, and Osaka (one of my all-time favourite characters in anything) was just so completely underwhelming.

Watching that recurring ♪Tsukurimashou, tsukurimashou, satte satte nani ga dekiru ka naa♪ motif of Chiyo's — something which is absolutely nowhere to be seen in the manga — had me thinking that something was very wrong with that adaptation.

I didn't like it.

I'll be intrigued to read your thoughts on the manga original at some point, @D1tchd1gger.

Making the most of a Crunchyroll guest pass this weekend. So thanks to @D1tchd1gger for that. 61 episodes is pretty good!

Sound! Euphonium 2
Great series. Probably enjoyed 1 more tbh. Felt the drama went a bit too soap opera at times esp with Asuka. But overall it's an excellent heartfelt show putting emotion above all else.

Ace Attorney season 1
Objection! So funny. So good. The Judge is astoundingly bad at his job! The cast is likeable and everything OTT. It's so unashamed of what it is which really makes it a joy to watch.

Amanchu! Advance
Didnt know there was a second season of Amanchu. More gentle fun times with the scuba crew. Love this show, the blend of stunning and silly animation and the way everyone is so nice. The only villian in the show is self esteem issues and it's great to see a group support each other to overcome such things.

New Game season 1
Fun, easy to watch. Was looking for a comedy to watch in English and stumbled on this. More about how the characters get to know each other than any real insight into how games are made but enjoyed it and will watch season 2 at some point.

I didn't like it.
I am shocked, sir. Shocked.

But no, I have heard similar sentiments expressed before from people who read the manga first. I didn’t, and happily I enjoyed the anime a great deal. If I hadn’t, I don’t think I would have got into anime to the extent I did. I’m fairly certain it was the first comedy anime I watched and it cracked me up. I loved how surreal and disjointed it was, almost like a sketch show. I guess that has its roots in the 4-koma format of the manga, but it was the manga I found underwhelming after watching the show, since you don’t get the comic timing that I felt made a lot of the comedy in the show so good.

The English dub however is absolutely horrible and it should not be included on any further releases, be exorcised from all existing copies and the master tapes set on fire and buried at a crossroads with a stake driven through them.

@Neil.T I just rewatched the first episode and yes there's loads of things that don't appear after this. Chiyo-chan's song, male students talking and a different male teacher.
Maybe Azuma-san didn't like it either and that's why we're not getting Yotsuba&! I'm currently watching Somali and the Forest Spirit and Inori Minase's performance of Somali, an inquisitive small child reminds me so much of Yotsuba, that I've changed my mind on thinking it would be slightly grating to have her animated.

@ayase See I thought some of the timing was poor/weird. Like Osaka would say something and then the scene would linger and I'm like was that supposed to be funny? Maybe it's the dub, but no-one does anything after the line, so that would probably be the same in the original. Where as when reading you can do your own timing. You can linger on the build up or rush to the punchline. I've found a lot of Yotsuba&! hilarious even when I could guess the punchline. Maybe a 4-koma would be different, I've never actually read one.
Speaking of the dub, I liked a number of the performances, especially the 2 teachers and Tomo seemed a good fit, and Sakaki is naturally quiet so I don't think that would be any different. Chiyo-chan voice was probably the worst, English VAs just can't seem to be able to do young children's voices, they just come off as squeaky and annoying. Thank God most of the VAs who did children in the Ghibli films were children themselves like the Fanning girls in Totoro.

@WMD I have another one if you need it, and get a new one every month. I think plenty of people have some floating around as well.

On Azumanga Daioh I personally love it and have only seen it in English. The weird comic timing and having jokes with no punchline is kinda Monty Python but highschool girls. Also the weird surrealism it totally my bag. I agree that Chiyos voice isbt great but I like everyone else. Luci Christian and Monica Rial as the two teachers are perfect and Tomo is easily my favourite character on the show. Like @ayase I saw the anime before I read the manga and though I enjoy both I think the anime is better.

I have another one if you need it, and get a new one every month. I think plenty of people have some floating around as well.
Safe. Cheers. I'll save asking for them for weekends I know are free and can maximize their use.

Where as when reading you can do your own timing. You can linger on the build up or rush to the punchline.
Pretty sure I've had almost his exact exchange with someone before as well! My personal opinion on this is that you can't, since as a reader you don't know what's coming next. Someone performing comedy does, but when it's simply words or static pictures you have to read/view, they have to be funny in themselves and timing doesn't enter into it at all.

Comedy in anime does tend to have some long silences, perhaps it's a Japanese thing, but I often find it to be fairly amusing. Also the way in which those silences are punctuated (either with audio or visuals) often gets me. Perhaps I just enjoy more drawn-out comedy, and reading certainly can't provide me with that.

Maybe Azuma-san didn't like it either and that's why we're not getting Yotsuba&!
While I can't claim to speak for Azuma, I think if I was him I'd be pretty grateful AzuDai got picked up for adaptation since it gave him the springboard publicity for Yotsuba (and very probably turned him from a relatively obscure mangaka into a multi-millionaire who can afford to turn down TV deals).

I personally love it and have only seen it in English
Come here and let me cut off your ears.
Tomo is easily my favourite character on the show
Okay, only one ear.

Back