Your viewing journal

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! Ep1

Had very little idea what to expect from this one going into it, but that was a very promising start. I like the retro-futuristic world design in particular.

Seitokai Yakuindomo e3-4

The clever camera work seems to have disappeared, but this is still entertaining.

Oreimo
Season 1 was great, interesting characters and an original idea that allowed for some very funny situations. And it never strayed into creepy. The s1 OVAs were also really good as the change in focus to a different heroine worked really well.

Then season 2 happened. All the girls inexplicably fall in love with the guy. Like every single one. And we end up in a pretty generic harem by the end. Then the s2 OVAs step up and go sorry we are jumping head first into creepy town and going to make a gross mess of everything that happened. What a waste.

One Piece Strong World
Excellent one piece film. Wacky, irreverent, big emotional speeches, great action, great animation and a great dub. The Straw Hat Pirates dub actors are all so good at their roles. So much fun to watch.

Interspecies Reviewers ep 1
Lewd fun!

In/Spectre ep 1
Intriguing. I liked the character designs, Kotoko looks real cute.

A Destructive God Sits Next to Me ep 1
Meh. I thought after the OP it might be a bit like the Chuunibyou show from last season, but they actually have powers, but now I'm not so sure. Actually I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening and also it has none of the charm of that show as the characters are all pretty annoying. Might be a drop.

I think that's it for my Winter shows apart from a couple that weren't picked up and a couple in Netflix jail. I must say the majority are looking very good.

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 12 Desperate determination.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 4

22/7 Episode 1 Interesting. I'm really curious to know why they where selected and for what reason.

A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Episode 1 Another Chunibyo series. This should be amusing.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 13 A tough battle and a new ally.

In/Spectre Episode 1 Quite the intriguing start. This should be interesting going forward.

Interspecies Reviewers Episode 1 [Uncensored] VERY LEWD! Just like with Arifureta, I cannot believe some madman artist drew the silhouette of a covered penis and scrotum without any censorship.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Episode 2 Severed bonds.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 15 A Harry Potter style hidden room and the scheming continues.

A Destructive God Sits next to Me, Bokuhaka episode 1 Outburst Dreamer Boys 2: Electric boogaloo?

In/Spectre episode 1 Intriguing enough, I do like me some supernatural anime.

Interspecies Reviewers episode 1 Pretty much what I expected it to be, could be quite fun or run its lewdness dry, will have to wait and see.

Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden episode 2 Still enjoying this so far.

My Hero Academia Fourth Season episode 76 Tearing down the framework.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 15 Festival and fireworks.

Rainy Cocoa, Welcome to Rainy Color episodes 1-12 (Complete. Both this and the first season suffer from being very forgettable. Just when a character interaction grows mildly interesting the episode ends. I got a lot more out of the VAs on stage discussing and having fun, which is my rating isn’t lower.) 2/5

Last edited:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 11

Golden Time (English Dub) Episode 7-24 (Complete. This anime is a prime example of its genre with well written rom-com drama. Unlike another romance anime, this one sees their journey of being a couple and the challenges that they face because of the girl's obsessiveness and the boy's tragic past. Besides the decent animation and solid cast of characters, this stands out for it's in-depth character development, and inspiring story of true love. It's very rare to find a rom-com anime that stays this good until the heart-warming / tear-making ending. The only thing IMO that I didn't like about this was how it went about dealing with the whole Amnesia side of the story. Quite the emotional series overall). 3.5/5

ID: IVADED (English Dub) Episode 3 Another mystery case.

One Punch Man Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Science, etc, etc ep 3
More data and planning the next "experiment".
I said that this reminded me of WotaKoi, but I think maybe Kaguya-sama is a better example. And just like that show the support character that knows what's really going on is the MVP. For Chika read Kanade.

Princess Principal (dub) eps 1-3
Pretty interesting steampunk spy thriller. Was a little confusing with the order of events with the first episode being later in the time line before 2&3 went back to the beginning, but by the end of the first 3 you've got a pretty good handle on most of the main cast.
The voice work ranges from pretty damn good to absolutely hilarious as is the case with Yanks trying to do English accents. The VA for Beatrice seems to be concentrating so hard on getting the accent right she forgot to make it sound young, but the fact she has a voice box instead of a flesh and bone throat you can make up the fact the character chooses to sound older 😄

Our Guy in Japan eps 1-2
This is on All4. Another travelogue about Japan, with episode 1 in Tokyo and 2 various other areas.
As it's Guy Martin it's mostly about various bits of engineering and thus there was quite a few bits that covered different aspects not seen in other shows. But there is a few of the usual although done well, I want to go to that onsen he went to at the end of ep 2!

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 139 A new team with familiar troubles.

ID: INVADED episode 3 A brutal tragedy.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! episode 2 A place to animate.

Riddle: Story of Devil episodes 1-7

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken ep2

The girls finding all the equipment and supplies they need, in perfect working order feels a little too convenient, but I'm still very much appreciating this. Seeing the big camera rig for photographing the cels was particularly interesting.

Scissor Seven (Killer Seven) ep1-4

I don't think all the gags land, but this Chinese-produced take on the One Punch Man / Mob Psycho 100 school of shonen action series is quite enjoyable, it's interesting to see a non-Japanese take on this kind material (yes, I know Cannon Busters exists, shh).

The Anime Movie called "The Island of Giant Insects"

It is not only an awful movie I really wouldn't recommend....

But at 59:25 is ONE OF THE BEST SCENES I'VE SEEN

I've got a headache I've been laughing so much

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken ep 2
A lesson in how old school anime was made.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s2 e2
Dessert.

Heya Camp ep 2
First stamp collected.

pet ep 2
Peaks and valleys.

ID:INVADED ep 3
Recreating hell.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Prep for The Rise of Skywalker. I was going to do everything, but I couldn't be bothered. I've seen 1-6 so many times I know them off by heart anyway.

Last edited:
Babylon episode 10 With two episodes to go this felt a bit pointless.

Heya Camp episode 2 Fuji fun.

Seton Academy, Join the Pack! episode 2 Link would be proud of that mystery food.

Yatogame-Chan Kansatsu Nikki 2 episode 2 A new friend?

Riddle: Story of Devil episodes 8-12 & OVA (Complete. An overall decent but unremarkable assassination attempt of the week series that had limited character development outside of tragic backstories and the main leads companionship.) 3/5

Also began rewatching TG: re Part 1 for my upcoming review of the Blu Ray release.

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (English Dub) Episode 10

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord (English Dub) Episode 9

O Maidens in Your Savage Season (English Dub) Episode 1-5

Heya Camp Episode 2 Mt. Fuji-licious.

Overflow Episode 2 [Uncensored]

Seton Academy: Join the Pack! Episode 2 Curious cat and a new club member.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki 2nd Season Episode 2 Sweet.

Back